Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

JT should go to UW

Comments

• BroadcastingDawgBroadcastingDawg Member Posts: 1,245
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    ntxduck said:

ntxduck said:

ntxduck said:

haie said:

ntxduck said:

HFNY said:

FireCohen said:

JT should not go to UW if he is serious about football

Vita Vea and Greg Gaines (and soon Levi O) say hello.
    Lol
    I just saw Gaines shred the souls of 12's. Vita was a star til he went down.

Fuck off.
    Yeah Ohio state has no DL close to gaines or vea in the league
    They do, but there's also not a guarantee that when he gets to OSU he starts. Ale Kaho being a prime example of a former 5-star who has sat on the bench ever since going to Bama but would likely have started or gotten significant playing time as a freshman if he had gone to UW. Your NFL prospects take a serious hit if you can't get on the field... UW gives him just as good a chance imo.

^^^ that's what he's competing with if he goes to OSU...

At UW he's a starter as soon as he gets here, no questions asked.
    You know who else sells playing time to recruits? Kansas.
    Oregon’s one of the biggest users of that tactic. Please have some self-awareness buddy.
    I agree

And how has that helped them with recruiting top flight defensive linemen outside of Kayvon? But if you are pitching playing time to high rated linemen you might as well be Kansas. Oregon has recruited like Kansas and so has all the other Pac 12 teams at these positions. You could put an all Pac 12 team on the D line, and it would rate out as a mid tier SEC school.
    Kayvon was smart to go to Oregon because yes, it got him on the field as a true frosh. He was dumb to go to Oregon because they haven't developed him much past what he showed as a dominant high schooler.

5th best rated edge defender and 10th best rated returning player in the PAC 12... he's no Chase Young.
    Holy shit how do you have the most consistently worst/dumb takes across all sports
    Above average production for a guy who is supposed to be other wordly from a talent perspective. Made a mistake going to Oregon. Got worse between his Frosh and Soph year. Don't like it? You can go ahead and suck my balls NTX. He could have gone anywhere... should have gone to Bama or Clemson to be developed by a real program.

Imagine getting 0 sacks against Iowa St. in a Rose Bowl he didn't deserve to play in. Imagine Oregon losing to an Iowa St. team that was 6 points separated from 5-3 w. a loss to the Louisiana Raging Cajuns... I'm sure Kayvon is LOVING playing for such a winner wondering why he's not dominating the worst talent in the Power 5.

Now imagine what Chase Young would have done to PAC 12 OL's... 3 sacks in 7 games? Laughable production :D:D:D Rashan Gary hype... Rashan Gary disappointment.
    If you think Kayvon got worse between his freshman and soph year you are just being a cuntrarian.

Suck my balls? Are you 12 years old? What a fucking nerd
    Yeah. You heard me.

Suck. My. Balls.

Not my fault Cristobal can't coach 5-star talent past 4-3... Imagine you're a Ducks fan who just found out your coach is literally 7-6 Sark w. a year of juniors and seniors he didn't recruit gifted to him. Imagine that Shough is literally Cyler Myles. Imagine that Oregon's D is literal ass despite recruiting the top player in the country and top LB in country... I mean 34 points to Iowa fkn State? I bet Tibbs is asking what in the fuck he got himself into and if the cool Nike swag was worth it.
  • ntxduckntxduck Member Posts: 5,512
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment

ntxduck said:

ntxduck said:

ntxduck said:

haie said:

ntxduck said:

HFNY said:

FireCohen said:

Lol

Fuck off.
    They do, but there's also not a guarantee that when he gets to OSU he starts. Ale Kaho being a prime example of a former 5-star who has sat on the bench ever since going to Bama but would likely have started or gotten significant playing time as a freshman if he had gone to UW. Your NFL prospects take a serious hit if you can't get on the field... UW gives him just as good a chance imo.

Oregon’s one of the biggest users of that tactic. Please have some self-awareness buddy.
    I agree

And how has that helped them with recruiting top flight defensive linemen outside of Kayvon? But if you are pitching playing time to high rated linemen you might as well be Kansas. Oregon has recruited like Kansas and so has all the other Pac 12 teams at these positions. You could put an all Pac 12 team on the D line, and it would rate out as a mid tier SEC school.
    Kayvon was smart to go to Oregon because yes, it got him on the field as a true frosh. He was dumb to go to Oregon because they haven't developed him much past what he showed as a dominant high schooler.

5th best rated edge defender and 10th best rated returning player in the PAC 12... he's no Chase Young.
    Holy shit how do you have the most consistently worst/dumb takes across all sports
    Above average production for a guy who is supposed to be other wordly from a talent perspective. Made a mistake going to Oregon. Got worse between his Frosh and Soph year. Don't like it? You can go ahead and suck my balls NTX. He could have gone anywhere... should have gone to Bama or Clemson to be developed by a real program.

Imagine getting 0 sacks against Iowa St. in a Rose Bowl he didn't deserve to play in. Imagine Oregon losing to an Iowa St. team that was 6 points separated from 5-3 w. a loss to the Louisiana Raging Cajuns... I'm sure Kayvon is LOVING playing for such a winner wondering why he's not dominating the worst talent in the Power 5.

Now imagine what Chase Young would have done to PAC 12 OL's... 3 sacks in 7 games? Laughable production :D:D:D Rashan Gary hype... Rashan Gary disappointment.
    If you think Kayvon got worse between his freshman and soph year you are just being a cuntrarian.

Yeah. You heard me.

Suck. My. Balls.

Not my fault Cristobal can't coach 5-star talent past 4-3... Imagine you're a Ducks fan who just found out your coach is literally 7-6 Sark w. a year of juniors and seniors he didn't recruit gifted to him. Imagine that Shough is literally Cyler Myles. Imagine that Oregon's D is literal ass despite recruiting the top player in the country and top LB in country... I mean 34 points to Iowa fkn State? I bet Tibbs is asking what in the fuck he got himself into and if the cool Nike swag was worth it.
    Lol. This website isn’t for you.
  • RatherBeBrewingRatherBeBrewing Member Posts: 1,557
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes

Kayvon is good. But he’s not dominant not even close.

Did you watch either of the last two Pac-12 championship games? I don’t blame you if you didn’t, just curious.

If you did, do you consider those dominant performances?

What pick do you think Thibodeaux gets drafted with in 2022?
  • GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,480
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

He'll be playing TE/H
    ntxduck said:

ntxduck said:

ntxduck said:

haie said:

ntxduck said:

HFNY said:

FireCohen said:

Lol

Fuck off.

I agree

You’re talking to someone so fucking stupid that he’ll come back in April after the checking the draft results and make a post to tell you how Thibodeaux wasn’t even picked at all.
  • SourcesSources Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,793
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Did you watch either of the last two Pac-12 championship games? I don’t blame you if you didn’t, just curious.

Be better than this. Draft position means shit. Locker was 8th overall
    Sources said:

Draft position for QBs means shit, DEs aren’t drafted in the top-10 based on potential alone.

But, you’re right. In that I should be better than this. Because trying to show a doog that they’re wrong is a waste of everyone’s time. I might as well make an account at BDTW and try to convince Ballz that Noah Sewell is not 5’9” and 350 pounds, or repeatedly slam my head into the wall. I’ll just have to settle for one more season of watching Thibodeaux suck.

I see Quooks making excuses for their underachieving 5 star recruit. At least he’s still good and not terrible like Asa Turner.

KT will go thru the motions next year, sit out the shitty bowl, and be a top 2 round pick. He’s a good player, but he’s not close to Chase Young. I don’t give a shit about what their stats tell you.

I told myself I’d stop. But I just can’t help it.

KT just won the Morris Trophy as the Pac-12’s best linemen, was the only non-senior defensive end to make an AP All-America team, was the MVP of the conference title game, is most likely going to be battling Stingley for the first non-QB to be drafted and maybe even the top overall pick, and looked better this year than he did as a freshman. He’s had the best first two years of any U of O DL and is the star player on a team that will be picked to win the division and maybe the conference for the third straight year.

How are y’all viewing this as disappointing? I just don’t understand.

• GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,147
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

Sources said:

Draft position for QBs means shit, DEs aren’t drafted in the top-10 based on potential alone.
    This is hilariously wrong, even more so when you consider that former duck Dion Jordan is the poster child of a DE being drafted on potential. And he was a bigger bust than Locker.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 100,722
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I won a trophy playing 4 games
  • QuietcowskeeQuietcowskee Member Posts: 3,061
    Ngata/Armstead/Buckner>>>Kayvon

Sources said:

This is hilariously wrong, even more so when you consider that former duck Dion Jordan is the poster child of a DE being drafted on potential. And he was a bigger bust than Locker.
    Dion Jordan was a bust, but he wasn’t just drafted solely off potential. He was also a really good player on really good, prominent teams.

Two time first team all conference - back when the conference wasn’t an embarrassment, and an All American on recognized lists. The numbers he put up are similar to the other Pac-10 edge/de guys from those years who were first round picks: Cameron Jordan, Nick Perry, Tyson Alualu.

Ngata/Armstead/Buckner>>>Kayvon

No one thinks that Armstead was better in college than Thibodeaux. Until his junior year I figured Armstead was a bust that should have played OT. He deserves every cent of that $85 million for managing to stay healthy long enough and drift off Buckner until he got paid.

Haloti Ngata is a potential Hall of Famer who made first team All Pro 2x, and second team 3x. No Oregon player in my lifetim has done that, so no shit he’s better.

Buckner: bad example. He was great his junior and amazing his senior year, just made first team All Pro. Yet he wasn’t as good as KT as a freshman and sophomore.
  • greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,272
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker

ntxduck said:

ntxduck said:

ntxduck said:

haie said:

ntxduck said:

HFNY said:

FireCohen said:

Lol

Fuck off.

I agree

Yeah. You heard me.

Suck. My. Balls.

True, your school just forfeits.
  • greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,272
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker

I see Quooks making excuses for their underachieving 5 star recruit. At least he’s still good and not terrible like Asa Turner.

KT will go thru the motions next year, sit out the shitty bowl, and be a top 2 round pick. He’s a good player, but he’s not close to Chase Young. I don’t give a shit about what their stats tell you.

I told myself I’d stop. But I just can’t help it.

KT just won the Morris Trophy as the Pac-12’s best linemen, was the only non-senior defensive end to make an AP All-America team, was the MVP of the conference title game, is most likely going to be battling Stingley for the first non-QB to be drafted and maybe even the top overall pick, and looked better this year than he did as a freshman. He’s had the best first two years of any U of O DL and is the star player on a team that will be picked to win the division and maybe the conference for the third straight year.

How are y’all viewing this as disappointing? I just don’t understand.

He is good. But disappears for large stretches and underwhelms. Super inconsistent. Don’t know why you’re set on arguing about something so obvious.
    This is mostly true about Kayvon. You take away the two conference championship games, and nobody would know who he is.
  • backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,785
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    edited January 2021

More than half of his pressures were because of Slovis holding the ball. He had maybe 1 insta win all game.

If he was dominant you wouldn’t get skull dragged by UCLA, Iowa State and Oregon State on the ground