Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

JT should go to UW

Comments

• RatherBeBrewingRatherBeBrewing Member Posts: 1,557
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    haie said:

ntxduck said:

haie said:

ntxduck said:

HFNY said:

FireCohen said:

JT should not go to UW if he is serious about football

Vita Vea and Greg Gaines (and soon Levi O) say hello.
    Lol
    I just saw Gaines shred the souls of 12's. Vita was a star til he went down.

Fuck off.
    Yeah Ohio state has no DL close to gaines or vea in the league
    Original comment is about exposure and development. There isn't much of an argument there.

tOSU just loaded up on mercs who all got embarrassed Monday. Which shows a lack of development when going up against the likes of Bama.

The NFL will take undeveloped losers, but they won't last as long. Just ask the Oregon U.
    Humor me, if you will.

What are you trying to say about exposure and development? For DL what UW can offer in those regards is as good as tOSU?

The embarrassed Buckeye mercs, is that referring to their DL? Are you saying Ohio State doesn’t develop DL well?

What, or who, are some examples of undeveloped losers? I’d like to understand the baseline, for future undeveloped loser related conversations - should they arise.
  • AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,957
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes

haie said:

ntxduck said:

haie said:

ntxduck said:

HFNY said:

FireCohen said:

Lol

Fuck off.
    Original comment is about exposure and development. There isn't much of an argument there.

tOSU just loaded up on mercs who all got embarrassed Monday. Which shows a lack of development when going up against the likes of Bama.

The NFL will take undeveloped losers, but they won't last as long. Just ask the Oregon U.
    Humor me, if you will.

What are you trying to say about exposure and development? For DL what UW can offer in those regards is as good as tOSU?

The embarrassed Buckeye mercs, is that referring to their DL? Are you saying Ohio State doesn’t develop DL well?

What, or who, are some examples of undeveloped losers? I’d like to understand the baseline, for future undeveloped loser related conversations - should they arise.
    Tommy togiai would be a perfect case study for this. His recruitment was dirty as hell. His high school coach was a piece of shit hungry for a bag. Still went to Ohio st and it turned out to be the right choice.

Even marlon and jay tufele are going to get drafted from that shit coaching staff at usc.

Uw does a good job developing the d line but plenty of other schools get you to the league and win big games along the way. Football matters more other places.

The west coast is so limp dicked when it comes to football. You only get the college experience once. If you truly are a legit 5 star go where it matters. If you get passed on the depth chart you can always transfer to another school, or you just suck. It’s not that difficult. I don’t think the dlinemen at LSU that transferred to Baylor was that disappointed by going to lsu and kicking everyone’s ass for a year and getting a second bag to live in Waco.
  • greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,272
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker

ntxduck said:

haie said:

ntxduck said:

HFNY said:

FireCohen said:

Lol

Fuck off.
    They do, but there's also not a guarantee that when he gets to OSU he starts. Ale Kaho being a prime example of a former 5-star who has sat on the bench ever since going to Bama but would likely have started or gotten significant playing time as a freshman if he had gone to UW. Your NFL prospects take a serious hit if you can't get on the field... UW gives him just as good a chance imo.

^^^ that's what he's competing with if he goes to OSU...

At UW he's a starter as soon as he gets here, no questions asked.
    You know who else sells playing time to recruits? Kansas.
  • backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,785
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes

HFNY said:

FireCohen said:

He can be on par with them as well as having fun winning big games. The play is to gtfo of the west coast. If I had a 5 star kid it would be his choice but I would advise the same.
    You sound like a fag.

ntxduck said:

haie said:

ntxduck said:

HFNY said:

FireCohen said:

Lol

Fuck off.
    They do, but there's also not a guarantee that when he gets to OSU he starts. Ale Kaho being a prime example of a former 5-star who has sat on the bench ever since going to Bama but would likely have started or gotten significant playing time as a freshman if he had gone to UW. Your NFL prospects take a serious hit if you can't get on the field... UW gives him just as good a chance imo.

Oregon’s one of the biggest users of that tactic. Please have some self-awareness buddy.
    edited January 2021

ntxduck said:

haie said:

ntxduck said:

HFNY said:

FireCohen said:

Lol

Fuck off.

Oregon’s one of the biggest users of that tactic. Please have some self-awareness buddy.
    I agree

And how has that helped them with recruiting top flight defensive linemen outside of Kayvon? But if you are pitching playing time to high rated linemen you might as well be Kansas. Oregon has recruited like Kansas and so has all the other Pac 12 teams at these positions. You could put an all Pac 12 team on the D line, and it would rate out as a mid tier SEC school.
    edited January 2021

ntxduck said:

haie said:

ntxduck said:

HFNY said:

FireCohen said:

Lol

Fuck off.

And Oregon
    Yep, and outside of Kayvon, they recruit terribly on the DL. OL/DL care more about development than immediate playing time. The blue bloods win these kids with draft history and accomplishments. Almost impossible to compete against that for these type of players. USC is the only PAC 12 school that can compete consistently for these types of talent, and they have Helton so....the conference is dead.

ntxduck said:

haie said:

ntxduck said:

HFNY said:

FireCohen said:

Lol

Fuck off.

Thanks, Coach Lake! I had no idea the school that has been recruiting me for years recruits other talented defensive linemen.

Do you think that’s why Coach Larry Johnson has told me his players get drafted in the top-5? Could the defensive line be part of the reason I just saw them play in the national championship game?

ntxduck said:

haie said:

ntxduck said:

HFNY said:

FireCohen said:

Lol

Fuck off.

And Oregon
    Yep, and outside of Kayvon, they recruit terribly on the DL. OL/DL care more about development than immediate playing time. The blue bloods win these kids with draft history and accomplishments. Almost impossible to compete against that for these type of players. USC is the only PAC 12 school that can compete consistently for these types of talent, and they have Helton so....the conference is dead.
    Terrence Ferguson, not to be confused with the Oregon version of Terrence Ferguson, must not have been shown Alabama’s offensive tackle recruiting chart. Either that or he considers some time riding the pine worth it for his overall goals.

On USC and the advantage of being USC and a blueblood: remember when Oregon had a 1% chance at Korey Foreman? He got to see his closest comparison Kayvon achieve everything expected of him and then some, including twice treating Slovis like a truck stop toilet and twice dominating the conference championship game. He then sees that Clay Helton and his staff could be fired before he finishes his freshman season, and that they ruined Drake Jackson in one year by telling him he’s a linebacker now, yet still chooses USC. We are all so fucked if they get a real coach.
  • HFNYHFNY Member Posts: 4,514
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    That's why it is all the more important that UW has a great season in 2021 and wins the Pac-12. The Pac-12 is strongest when USC (LA) and UW (Seattle) are the best. ASU and UCLA help with more eyeballs.
  • ntxduckntxduck Member Posts: 5,512
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    edited January 2021
    HFNY said:

That's why it is all the more important that UW has a great season in 2021 and wins the Pac-12. The Pac-12 is strongest when USC (LA) and UW (Seattle) are the best. ASU and UCLA help with more eyeballs.

Lol. Is this just a doogman greatest hits parody thread at this point?
  • HFNYHFNY Member Posts: 4,514
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    You don't like it because it is true. It's all about media markets on the West Coast and LA, Seattle, and Phoenix are the biggest ones with good teams.
  • BroadcastingDawgBroadcastingDawg Member Posts: 1,245
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    edited January 2021

ntxduck said:

haie said:

ntxduck said:

HFNY said:

FireCohen said:

Lol

Fuck off.

I agree

And how has that helped them with recruiting top flight defensive linemen outside of Kayvon? But if you are pitching playing time to high rated linemen you might as well be Kansas. Oregon has recruited like Kansas and so has all the other Pac 12 teams at these positions. You could put an all Pac 12 team on the D line, and it would rate out as a mid tier SEC school.
    Kayvon was smart to go to Oregon because yes, it got him on the field as a true frosh. He was dumb to go to Oregon because they haven't developed him much past what he showed as a dominant high schooler.

5th best rated edge defender and 10th best rated returning player in the PAC 12... he's no Chase Young.

ntxduck said:

haie said:

ntxduck said:

HFNY said:

FireCohen said:

Lol

Fuck off.

I agree

Kayvon was smart to go to Oregon because yes, it got him on the field as a true frosh. He was dumb to go to Oregon because they haven't developed him much past what he showed as a dominant high schooler.

5th best rated edge defender and 10th best rated returning player in the PAC 12... he's no Chase Young.
    Either you haven’t seen Thibodeaux play from the start of 2019 to now and are hoping that no one will call you out for being a PFF citing loser, or you’re just pulling shit out of your ass to make yourself feel better.

Thibodeaux came to Oregon with the best first step I’ve ever seen and two pass rush moves. You couldn’t play him every down. This year he was the best player on the field for pass and run plays. Maybe he would have developed this way anywhere, but we’ll never get to find out.

Yes, he’s very different from Chase Young. Maybe that Ohio State DL coach is good, does JT know? Chase Young also had to deal with scrub teammates, while Oregon’s opponents have been too busy scheming on how to stop the dynamic Jordon Scott and avoid throwing at Boise State’s third string safety. For comparison’s sake their first two seasons total stats, if we use per snap or percentage of team totals you’re going to think I’m playing up KT:

Chase Young: 52 tackles, 19.5 TFL 13 sacks
    Thibodeaux: 77 tackles, 23.5 TFL, 12.5 sacks
    edited January 2021

ntxduck said:

haie said:

ntxduck said:

HFNY said:

FireCohen said:

Lol

Fuck off.

I agree

Holy shit how do you have the most consistently worst/dumb takes across all sports
  • BroadcastingDawgBroadcastingDawg Member Posts: 1,245
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    edited January 2021
    ntxduck said:

ntxduck said:

haie said:

ntxduck said:

HFNY said:

FireCohen said:

Lol

Fuck off.

I agree

Holy shit how do you have the most consistently worst/dumb takes across all sports
    Above average production for a guy who is supposed to be other wordly from a talent perspective. Made a mistake going to Oregon. Got worse between his Frosh and Soph year. Don't like it? You can go ahead and suck my balls NTX. He could have gone anywhere... should have gone to Bama or Clemson to be developed by a real program.

Imagine getting 0 sacks against Iowa St. in a Rose Bowl he didn't deserve to play in. Imagine Oregon losing to an Iowa St. team that was 6 points separated from 5-3 w. a loss to the Louisiana Raging Cajuns... I'm sure Kayvon is LOVING playing for such a winner wondering why he's not dominating the worst talent in the Power 5.

Now imagine what Chase Young would have done to PAC 12 OL's... 3 sacks in 7 games? Laughable production :D:D:D Rashan Gary hype... Rashan Gary disappointment.
    edited January 2021

ntxduck said:

ntxduck said:

haie said:

ntxduck said:

HFNY said:

FireCohen said:

Lol

Fuck off.

I agree

Above average production for a guy who is supposed to be other wordly from a talent perspective. Made a mistake going to Oregon. Got worse between his Frosh and Soph year. Don't like it? You can go ahead and suck my balls NTX. He could have gone anywhere... should have gone to Bama or Clemson to be developed by a real program.

Imagine getting 0 sacks against Iowa St. in a Rose Bowl he didn't deserve to play in. Imagine Oregon losing to an Iowa St. team that was 6 points separated from 5-3 w. a loss to the Louisiana Raging Cajuns... I'm sure Kayvon is LOVING playing for such a winner wondering why he's not dominating the worst talent in the Power 5.

Now imagine what Chase Young would have done to PAC 12 OL's... 3 sacks in 7 games? Laughable production :D:D:D Rashan Gary hype... Rashan Gary disappointment.
    If you think Kayvon got worse between his freshman and soph year you are just being a cuntrarian.

Suck my balls? Are you 12 years old? What a fucking nerd
    Kayvon is good. But he’s not dominant not even close.