Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Anyone else hearing words like...

SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,942
"Horrifying" "Shocking" "an assault on our democracy" "a day we'll all remember for the rest of our lives" coming from your liberal friends when referring to what happened on Wednesday?

Seeing what unfolded on Wednesday didn't make me happy but the over the top rhetoric in response to it seems really forced and contrived to me.

Comments

• PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 43,526 Standard Supporter
    "Pearl Harbor" was yesterday's phrase de_jour
  • Bob_CBob_C Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,202 Swaye's Wigwam
    It’s beyond nuts. They are frothing at the mouth to get the gulags up and running.
  • SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,942

These are people that I'm actually friends with. A couple people that I work with and I'm telling you it's seems like they are acting and repeating words that have been written for them.
  • alumni94alumni94 Member Posts: 4,858
    SFGbob said:

These are people that I'm actually friends with. A couple people that I work with and I'm telling you it's seems like they are acting and repeating words that have been written for them.
    There is no way I can share my political views at work. It's to San Francisco and woke. I would be fired in an instant. I current have an American Flag, California State Flag, Gadsden Flag and Appeal to Heaven Flag on my laptop (along with a hand print of Jerry Garica). I may need to remove them, as the woke cancel culture might come after me.

It's going to be interesting moving forward living in California and "woke" culture. Plus, in the fight or flight response, I lean towards fight....so...
    alumni94 said:

SFGbob said:

There is no way I can share my political views at work. It's to San Francisco and woke. I would be fired in an instant. I current have an American Flag, California State Flag, Gadsden Flag and Appeal to Heaven Flag on my laptop (along with a hand print of Jerry Garica). I may need to remove them, as the woke cancel culture might come after me.

It's going to be interesting moving forward living in California and "woke" culture. Plus, in the fight or flight response, I lean towards fight....so...
    I keep referring back to this but this has to be similar to what it was like during the cultural revolution. This isn't going to end well. Was anyone really "horrified" by what happened on Wednesday? The entire thing was over in a few hours and anyone who claims this is an event they will remember for the rest of their lives has got to be fucking lying. The MSM is pushing this event like it's some watershed moment but it really seem forced to me.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,474 Founders Club
    alumni94 said:

SFGbob said:

When the GOP gets back in power all the Biden voters can be punished
  • alumni94alumni94 Member Posts: 4,858
    SFGbob said:

alumni94 said:

SFGbob said:

I keep referring back to this but this has to be similar to what it was like during the cultural revolution. This isn't going to end well. Was anyone really "horrified" by what happened on Wednesday? The entire thing was over in a few hours and anyone who claims this is an event they will remember for the rest of their lives has got to be fucking lying. The MSM is pushing this event like it's some watershed moment but it really seem forced to me.
    I agree that it isn't as big as the media is pushing.
    alumni94 said:

SFGbob said:

alumni94 said:

SFGbob said:

I think you can draw a line directly between the people who feel this is a really big deal and people who watch a lot of MSNBC and CNN.
  • TheKobeStopperTheKobeStopper Member Posts: 5,959
    I think you can draw a line directly between the people who think storming the capitol is nbd and people who are fascists.

I think you can draw a line directly between the people who think storming the capitol is nbd and people who are fascists.

Funny how you didn't think it was a big deal when leftists did it or when people rioted and tried to destroy Federal Court houses in Portland and Oakland this summer.

I've opposed political violence for my entire life, glad to see you leftists finally come to he party but we both know you wouldn't have given a shit and didn't give a shit when the left was engaging in violence.
  • LebamDawgLebamDawg Member Posts: 8,664 Standard Supporter
    SFGbob said:

alumni94 said:

SFGbob said:

alumni94 said:

SFGbob said:

I think you can draw a line directly between the people who feel this is a really big deal and people who watch a lot of MSNBC and CNN.
    I have friends that are MSDNC and CNN followers - they called my wife and asked "can you believe what's going on in DC" and all summer their comments were "those are mostly peaceful protests".

My wife was telling me about it and I asked her to just repeat back from last summer - that was a mostly peaceful protest

I haven't watched news since before Christmas, it is easier that way, so the only time I hear the news about the dire events from the 7th is the promos that air.
    edited January 2021
    Are you capable of anything but strawman ass fucking? Why did you not care when Rat politicians encouraged and or dismissed political violence all summer long? When Trump tried to us Federal Marshals to protect the court house in Portland Nancy Pelosi called those marshals "storm troopers" why didn't you object to that then?

Trump was rightly criticized and condemned by members of his own party for his statements and actions on Wednesday. Where was the condemnation of Pelosi? Hell Biden couldn't even bring himself to criticize Antifa and the people destroying Federal property all over the country.
  • NorthwestFreshNorthwestFresh Member Posts: 7,972
    edited January 2021
    SFGbob said:

alumni94 said:

SFGbob said:

alumni94 said:

SFGbob said:

Had to block my mom’s phone last night. She’s a widow x2 and watches The News all day and then wonders why she’s angry and unhappy. This is the woman who told my youngest niece and nephew at dinner one night this year that she hoped someone would assassinate Trump.

Totally unhinged. It’s sad but my kids haven’t talked to her much this year and they don’t even know about that disaster of a dinner. Toxic is toxic.

Grandma is the one wanting a President assassinated isn’t a good memory for my brother’s kids.

SFGbob said:

alumni94 said:

SFGbob said:

alumni94 said:

SFGbob said:

Had to block my mom’s phone last night. She’s a widow x2 and watches The News all day and then wonders why she’s angry and unhappy. This is the woman who told my youngest niece and nephew at dinner one night this year that she hoped someone would assassinate Trump.

Totally unhinged. It’s sad but my kids haven’t talked to her much this year and they don’t even know about that disaster of a dinner. Toxic is toxic.

Grandma is the one wanting a President assassinated isn’t a good memory for my brother’s kids.
    Sadly, for a lot of people that kind of rhetoric is becoming normal.
  • PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 43,526 Standard Supporter
    edited January 2021

Like the charge of the pussy hat/Kavanaugh brigade?

Their jackboots are designer, so there's that.
  • NorthwestFreshNorthwestFresh Member Posts: 7,972

The Pussy Hat “riot” and Capitol takeover has been posted many times here and you ignore it because you have no answer for why this was OK and Wednesday wasn’t. The only difference is there were a “thousand” Leftists who threatened to “close down” the Capitol and nobody was killed, while there were a few dozen in the Capitol on Wednesday and one was executed.

Fucking hypocrites, all of you Leftists.

• creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,950
    edited January 2021
    SFGbob said:

"Horrifying" "Shocking" "an assault on our democracy" "a day we'll all remember for the rest of our lives" coming from your liberal friends when referring to what happened on Wednesday?

Seeing what unfolded on Wednesday didn't make me happy but the over the top rhetoric in response to it seems really forced and contrived to me.

I am. By relatives and friends all over the place. Not all of them are far left; many centrists and even some conservatives in the family.

As for me, what was particularly unsettling about it was that it was the country's capital. The US has always had, in my eyes at least, this impression of invulnerability. The country you don't fuck with. We have our problems, but we have our important shit together, and senators don't brawl on the senate floor, and we don't have bands of hoodlums overwhelming security at the Capital building. That's the kind of shit I saw on TV when I was a kid, and it was always some other country. I've always had the sense that the country's capital is off limits to that sort of thing. Because symbolically, it makes us seem like we're out of control ... like one of those 'other' places.

That's my honest response. The politics of the people, and whether Trump inspired and egged it on, have been a secondary consideration. If the Black Panthers had pulled that off I would have found it equally as unsettling, although in the 60s they'd sure as hell have been in the right to do it. But this doesn't compare to downtown Seattle bullshit. This is bigger IMO.

And, truth be told, I think we? will remember this for a long time. Sure, not 9-11 level; but it was a big deal in our history I would say.

• dfleadflea Member Posts: 7,228
    Didn't Trump sign an EO this summer making destruction of federal property a minimum 10-year sentence?

If so, watching that EO come around and bite his clown crowd in the ass is going to so delicious. I may actually throw my head back and laugh.
  • SledogSledog Member Posts: 33,087 Standard Supporter
    SFGbob said:

Are you capable of anything but strawman ass fucking? Why did you not care when Rat politicians encouraged and or dismissed political violence all summer long? When Trump tried to us Federal Marshals to protect the court house in Portland Nancy Pelosi called those marshals "storm troopers" why didn't you object to that then?

Trump was rightly criticized and condemned by members of his own party for his statements and actions on Wednesday. Where was the condemnation of Pelosi? Hell Biden couldn't even bring himself to criticize Antifa and the people destroying Federal property all over the country.
    Hell they bailed then or to burn murder and pillage more.