Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

When is a video not a video

RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,442 Founders Club
When the body cam and the dash cam are turned off

I was like cool we can see for ourselves. Then we? get a computer reenactment

Left unhappy

Comments

• SledogSledog Member Posts: 33,069 Standard Supporter
    It's an informational post I'm sure they have dash cam video if equipped as they turn on with the overhead lights. Body cams have to turned on by hand they are not recording all the time as they don't have the battery or memory capacity for an entire shift. There are many times one doesn't have time to turn it on. They are just choosing not to release the video yet most likely.

A Car is a hell of a weapon!
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,442 Founders Club
    I get that but a couple of things

If you have the tech and don't use it public trust gets further eroded. I went through the twitter feed and they do have video incident reports with the cams and not suitable for children warnings

They don't have the video on this and IMO this was a poor tweet to indicate they did

Even though we now have agreement from our leftist friends that anyone who gets shot by a cop deserved it the more we can diffuse the heat the better
  • SledogSledog Member Posts: 33,069 Standard Supporter

I get that but a couple of things

If you have the tech and don't use it public trust gets further eroded. I went through the twitter feed and they do have video incident reports with the cams and not suitable for children warnings

They don't have the video on this and IMO this was a poor tweet to indicate they did

Even though we now have agreement from our leftist friends that anyone who gets shot by a cop deserved it the more we can diffuse the heat the better

No one is going to get killed turning on their body cam. You can not expect them to that in this kind of situation. Dodge the or turn on my cam? I know what I'm doing. Actually their policy will agree with what I am saying. I helped write ours and everyones is similar really.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,442 Founders Club
    The cam should have been on during the pursuit as well as the dash cam