Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

What's Pence's Move Here?

creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,942
edited January 2021 in Tug Tavern
If he has any hopes of a political future?

If he pursues the 25th, what? Liberals are going to vote for him four years from now for being "brave" or some shit? If he burns Trump, and this would be the ultimate burn, he loses whatever % of Trump's base who likes him. Plus, who is actually worried about Trump misbehaving over 13 days? Stupid. He'll spend most of that time planning his return to Florida and getting on with this life.

I see no upside here for Pence. That said, the Trump cabinet rats are abandoning the ship left and right.

Trump is radioactive now. Fair or not. The siege on the capital has really been set upon him. With apologies to @Houhusky for yet more creepycoug anecdotal evidence translated to first principle knowledge, I know a more than a handful of righties who have cooled on Trump, even though the policies.

Comments

• GoduckiesGoduckies Member Posts: 6,208
    edited January 2021
    I think Pence finishes his term then goes to Hawaii for a long break. I think he also got Trump to calm his but down and accept the election and fight later.
  • creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,942
    Goduckies said:

I think Pence finishes his term then goes to Hawaii for a long break. I think he also got Trump to calm his but down and accept the election and fight later.

Do you think Trump stays in the fight? Somehow it seems more likely that he fades back into private life again.
  • pawzpawz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 19,900 Founders Club

Goduckies said:

Do you think Trump stays in the fight? Somehow it seems more likely that he fades back into private life again.
    The scorpion and the frog.

There is no way Trump stays quiet.
  • Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,851
    Puss out and take money from big tech and china like any self respecting politician
  • BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member Posts: 11,146
    He's done. Enjoy his golden years and retire. If he wanted to have a political future he probably should not have joined the Trump ticket in 2016. He knew that and I think he figured this was his 4 - 8 year political end game.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,442 Founders Club
    Things change all the times in politics

Meanwhile big job losses first since spring

Build it back better time
  • doogiedoogie Member Posts: 15,072
    If there is no plan, can we at least get an artist’s rendering?

Pence is done politically. If he has a lick of sense, he lays low for 12 days and rides off into the sunset.

He'll get some board seats and get paid a bunch of money for books and speeches. Just like all the swamp rats who kowtow to the corporate/globalist masters do.

I think this is actually a pretty good take.
    Pence is now said to be struggling with whether to attend the inauguration or not. He should. Its not that hard

Trump is not going and will get shit for it but if he did go it would be a fucking zoo. No one will give him credit but its the right move

Obama went to his but several dem politicians didn't. DC zoo

My guess is that Trump isn't sorry to see Joe take over like this seeing as how Team Obama was trying to set him up for a criminal charge at this point in 2017.
    edited January 2021

I think you and I in particular have been warning about this. Others have also added in about vacancy rates/loss of rent in office space catching up eventually. The office REIT sector has to be eating shit by now; but I'm guessing companies are still paying their leases for space they're not using. The issue comes up when those leases start to term out. Then what?

The airlines have had their blood letting, but people are, or at least were, starting to travel again to curb the bleeding. Still in the ICU though.

Now job losses.

After Trump gets over the bruising of his ego, he may well think, "Fine, you fucker. Have it. Have fun being POTUS during an economis downturn."

I don't care how charming you are, or how much people like your domestic agenda. If the economy is sucking, everyone hates you.

I think you and I in particular have been warning about this. Others have also added in about vacancy rates/loss of rent in office space catching up eventually. The office REIT sector has to be eating shit by now; but I'm guessing companies are still paying their leases for space they're not using. The issue comes up when those leases start to term out. Then what?

The airlines have had their blood letting, but people are, or at least were, starting to travel again to curb the bleeding. Still in the ICU though.

Now job losses.

After Trump gets over the bruising of his ego, he may well think, "Fine, you fucker. Have it. Have fun being POTUS during an economis downturn."

I don't care how charming you are, or how much people like your domestic agenda. If the economy is sucking, everyone hates you.

I go with you broke it you bought it. Trump will be blamed by the usual low info suspects but the crash of the economy happened state by state. There was no Fed mandate to lock it down. Which is odd since Trump is a fascist

It has to come back state by state. Newsom has California by the balls and California is a big part of any national recovery