Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

A Funny and a Sad Story of Global Warming Nutjobs...

HoustonHuskyHoustonHusky Member Posts: 5,967
First the funny:
Climate change expert sentenced to 32 months for fraud, says lying was a 'rush'
This idiot was the highest paid guy at the EPA and a "leading expert on climate change"...only thing was he didn't work and told everybody he secretly worked for the CIA and that's why he didn't show up...so he is a good climate scientist?

What did he do with his time?
"I spent time exercising. I spent a lot of time working on my house."

And true to CollegeDoog's dream...he was a commie at heart...he spent time "trying to find ways to fine tune the capitalist system"...as if that makes everything ok...

Next is the sad...more so because I'm a science guy and its sad to see what should be pure science corrupted for a political agenda and good science run over because it doesn't fit the desired narrative. Here is a decent layman's summary of the entire hockey-stick controversy...it was written a few years ago so if you have read any of the Climategate emails it helps put them in context as to what was going on in the background and why. It is a long read and still leaves out a chunk of it that is just as damning to Mann, but it is interesting if you are interested in these types of things....

Caspar and the Jesus paper

I always think its good science when non-statisticians come up with new statistical methods to validate what they want to say when traditional statistics say they are full of crap...

Comments

• Climate gate, hockey stick, and claiming I'm a commie.

Sad to see you go off the rails like this.

Joe McCarthy would be proud.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 105,072 Founders Club
    Not exactly a refutation
  • CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,499
    edited January 2014
    It's so funny to hear liberals get all defensive when you call them communists yet don't really have anything much else to say besides "nuh uh!".
  • Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 23,659 Founders Club
    edited January 2014

First the funny:
    Climate change expert sentenced to 32 months for fraud, says lying was a 'rush'
    This idiot was the highest paid guy at the EPA and a "leading expert on climate change"...only thing was he didn't work and told everybody he secretly worked for the CIA and that's why he didn't show up...so he is a good climate scientist?

What did he do with his time?
    "I spent time exercising. I spent a lot of time working on my house."

And true to CollegeDoog's dream...he was a commie at heart...he spent time "trying to find ways to fine tune the capitalist system"...as if that makes everything ok...

Next is the sad...more so because I'm a science guy and its sad to see what should be pure science corrupted for a political agenda and good science run over because it doesn't fit the desired narrative. Here is a decent layman's summary of the entire hockey-stick controversy...it was written a few years ago so if you have read any of the Climategate emails it helps put them in context as to what was going on in the background and why. It is a long read and still leaves out a chunk of it that is just as damning to Mann, but it is interesting if you are interested in these types of things....

Caspar and the Jesus paper

I always think its good science when non-statisticians come up with new statistical methods to validate what they want to say when traditional statistics say they are full of crap...

Climategate was a fraud, and yes, I've linked it before.
    No it wasn't. Just another big lie when they got caught.
  • HoustonHuskyHoustonHusky Member Posts: 5,967
    The Climategate emails don't exist now? They are forgeries now?

Wow...great link...

The ends justify the means to the true believers