Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

The 25th amendment has been invoked, Pence is now President

13»

Comments

• Options
    NorthwestFreshNorthwestFresh Member Posts: 7,972
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker

Update:

The threat of the 25th was enough to get Trump to finally put out a statement that he will support a peaceful transition.

As to pulling the final trigger, Pence is now getting cold feet as he has become more concerned that some of the right wing terrorists will put crosshairs on him or his family for the foreseeable future if he goes through with the plan put together by the cabinet and the DoD. He just wants to protect his family now.

More updates to come as they are available through my sources, which I'm not at liberty to reveal.

But you can read between the lines with what has made it to the media so far.

That’s quite the imagination you have. Sounds like a kook conspiracy,
  • Options
    HairyBallsDawgHairyBallsDawg Member Posts: 1,018
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Sledog said:

Update:

The threat of the 25th was enough to get Trump to finally put out a statement that he will support a peaceful transition.

As to pulling the final trigger, Pence is now getting cold feet as he has become more concerned that some of the right wing terrorists will put crosshairs on him or his family for the foreseeable future if he goes through with the plan put together by the cabinet and the DoD. He just wants to protect his family now.

More updates to come as they are available through my sources, which I'm not at liberty to reveal.

He never mentioned a transition to Biden. HTH
    It doesn't matter if he used Biden's name. Congress certified Biden as the President Elect at 3:30am today, and shortly after that Trump released his statement. That was the primary reason the cabinet and military were threatening Trump with the 25th... to get him to concede, which he did.

As it stands right now, as far as the public is concerned, Trump is Prez for 13 more days, but as far as the military is concerned, he is no longer commander in chief... that is now Pence. See their press release linked in my original post.

• Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 102,286
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Sledog said:

Update:

He never mentioned a transition to Biden. HTH
    It doesn't matter if he used Biden's name. Congress certified Biden as the President Elect at 3:30am today, and shortly after that Trump released his statement. That was the primary reason the cabinet and military were threatening Trump with the 25th... to get him to concede, which he did.

As it stands right now, as far as the public is concerned, Trump is Prez for 13 more days, but as far as the military is concerned, he is no longer commander in chief... that is now Pence. See their press release linked in my original post.

• Options
    MontlakeBridgeTrollMontlakeBridgeTroll Member Posts: 920
    I don't know what's going but my brother in law is an officer with the 75th Ranger Regiment and they've just cancelled everyone's leave and gone on high alert.
  • Options
    edited January 2021

I don't know what's going but my brother in law is an officer with the 75th Ranger Regiment and they've just cancelled everyone's leave and gone on high alert.

Grim

Your BIL emasculates you.
  • Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,753
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited January 2021

Grim

Your BIL emasculates you.
    I’ve heard the Army hoops team has a covid issue and they’re looking for the next tuff 6’5” Ranger.

Stay tuned.

Reply fail fully enacted.
  • Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,780
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Update:

If we only had an actual free press that practiced journalism instead of leading with Kanye and Kim, maybe some of these numbskulls wouldn't be so paranoid.

But Naaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah. No way. Hyper-Emotional Fake News sells too many products. Way, way more revenue than telling the simple truth.
  • Options

And you don't know what's going on? Really?

Ever actually talked to that brother-in-law? Or just using him as a prop for some vicarious military chops?
  • Options
    For whatever it's worth, I do think that Lin Wood is fucking nuts. Opposite side of the coin from Avenetti, also a fucking nut. Kyle Rittenhour (Sounds German, like a Nazi, anyway...) needs to fire that fuck.
  • Options
    SledogSledog Member Posts: 31,458
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes

Trumpy is about to arrest some folks. Lot's of them?
  • Options
    edited January 2021
  • Options
    HairyBallsDawgHairyBallsDawg Member Posts: 1,018
    Sigh... must be a slow day on Parler?

Things have changed NW try to keep up.

High stakes politics move quickly.

One day Republican Senators think they will keep the Senate, then suddenly they lose Georgie, Trump engages in sedition, you have a number of Senators lining up to vote yes on impeachment, and Senate leadership has found a way to call the Senate back early.

Either way, it will be interesting.
  • Options

Sigh... must be a slow day on Parler?

Things have changed NW try to keep up.

High stakes politics move quickly.

One day Republican Senators think they will keep the Senate, then suddenly they lose Georgie, Trump engages in sedition, you have a number of Senators lining up to vote yes on impeachment, and Senate leadership has found a way to call the Senate back early.

Either way, it will be interesting.

Nutjob
  • Options
    LoneStarDawgLoneStarDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 13,151
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

Trump has been cozy as fuck in Texas

#TexasForever