Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

It is January 6...

HoustonHuskyHoustonHusky Member Posts: 5,954
First Anniversary First Comment Photogenic 5 Awesomes
edited January 2021 in Tug Tavern
Big, big march in Washington. Followed probably by a release of more fraud info on the election. And nothing will come of it because we live in a Banana Republic...and Pence and pretty much any Republican in power Federal and State level doesn't have the balls to push back on anything.

Long-term the next 10 years are going to be interesting. Democrats evolved in the last 20 years from the Blue-Collar protect the American worker party to a conglomerate of political activists (race/gender/environmental/etc) and Globalists Elitist (China-apologists and mid-East war advocates). A chunk of the big-business globalists switched from Republicans to Democrats, and a bunch of the blue-collar types switched from Democrats to Trump (guessing the aftermath of Georgia will show a bunch of these folks didn't show up to vote). Republicans don't have them, and as long as the McConnell/Rubio types are running the party they never will . Eventually the Republican Party establishment will have to realize this shift and adjust, but they seem to prefer being well-paid-off losers so I don't think it will come quick or easy for them...especially since most of the Republicans in charge fall more on the Globalist side. Those folks will pay lip service to the base but never support or advocate for them.

Add to this we now have blatantly rigged elections...there was always some fraud before but nothing the magnitude of what happened in 2020. But looking back at the last 20 years I now think it has been more widespread than I ever thought before. Reason I say this is that the political parties naturally push to a 50/50 split...as they get power they push a little more in their direction (Left or Right) alienating some folks in the middle who move the other way. The Dems in the last 10 years have blown past that...instead of moderating their speech/policies they got more nutty and to compensate they adjusted the vote more and more. Not sure how it gets corrected either...as with all crimes once you start doing it you always rationalize an incremental increase. No thief suddenly decides to quite stealing...they instead talk about just a few more scores and a slightly bigger job. Add the added complexity of foreign involvement (if you don't think China funded a chunk if it you are HondoFS...) and it will be interesting/depressing on how it all shakes out.

Trump is going to ride off and merge/buy Newsmax, and turn it into the new Fox News pushing that transition of the Republican Party. No clue if it will work...have my doubts...but will be interesting to watch.

As for me, after all this I'm giving up on politics for a while...what is the point of getting worked up about options in a Banana Republic that has none? Maybe the system will get fixed but I doubt it...we will print money to throw at pointless causes...expand our two-tiered justice system...and evolve toward the corporate dystopia most SciFi material is based on. In a way evolving back to what it was in the late 1800s/early 1900s. Oh yeah, and I'll try not to disrespect our new Chinese overlords.

Comments

• Options
    GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,147
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Death, taxes, and the losing party bitching every four years about how THIS time the country is finally ruined.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,607
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
  • Options
    doogiedoogie Member Posts: 15,072
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Grassley rumored to be running the proceeding today. Pence not showing up. This allows Pence to remain Trumps “loyal friend”

Just ordered my new Patriot Flag for the house. Do you Like it? It’s Amazons Choice

• Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Pence Trump or any of these guys aren't going to be 2024 players

It will be another outsider to be destroyed by the uni party
  • Options
    GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,147
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

My early prediction is Crenshaw
  • Options

Ron DeSantis will be the only one that can pull Trump voters...nobody currently in DC can. I expect the next 4 years will be the "media" trying to convince everybody how bad Florida is, and the party establishment to try and take him out in the Primaries.

• Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,575
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

Fuck no. Looks too much like a pirate.

They will trot out Noem or Haley.
  • Options
    MelloDawgMelloDawg Member Posts: 6,144

Ron DeSantis will be the only one that can pull Trump voters...nobody currently in DC can. I expect the next 4 years will be the "media" trying to convince everybody how bad Florida is, and the party establishment to try and take him out in the Primaries.

Probably true, but Florida already has a reputation to the point where the media doesn't need to say much. Hawley is an up-and-comer, Haley seems popular as a running mate, Cruz will throw his hat in there.
  • Options

I'm sticking with my flag for now...

Hey, John I think you should get with the Program here, Capice?
  • Options
    RoadTripRoadTrip Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,290
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

Fuck no. Looks too much like a pirate.

They will trot out Noem or Haley.
    Haley is a sellout and Noem isn't strong (not the right word; maybe intimidating) enough.
  • Options
    MelloDawg said:

Probably true, but Florida already has a reputation to the point where the media doesn't need to say much. Hawley is an up-and-comer, Haley seems popular as a running mate, Cruz will throw his hat in there.
    Everyone hates Haley...she's the more accomplished Kamala of the Right. Hawley and Cruz would love to be, but they don't have the charisma (Cruz) or chops (Hawley's most recent stunt on the election won't be forgotten) to be build the coalition needed. Doesn't mean they won't win the Primary, but they have zero chance in a rigged national election.
  • Options

Which is why I can’t wait for Opening Night 2024 when 24 Lucky contestants take the stage in a Battle Royale to see who becomes the One Lucky Contestant to debate the one who’se been Chosen to face off in an Epic Election Season of GOP Revenge vs. President Harris Tuesday, January 5th 2024
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

I like Crenshaw, he's definitely not ready yet though.
  • Options
    jecorneljecornel Member Posts: 9,611
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    This has been the case for a few decades now but we are entering new territory with the fringe left and big tech having massive control over media and virtually every platform. The brain washing has been extremely powerful. People are buying into complete insanity from a movement perspective. BLM being one example. Just feeds on people’s emotion and then beaten by it hourly through content on every major social platform. LGBTQ has massive issues a fraught with mental illness. If you question a 13 year old taking hormones you are immediately labeled as transphobic.

The youth bracket lives on their phone and white guilt is being thrust upon them in public schools and social media. Their perspectives are being completely warped with zero critical thinking. Celebrities supporting it through diversity and inclusion. A dissenting voice is simply labeled a racist or a giant asshole.

The dems are looking to further plunge American citizens into dependency on the government. Free college, debt cancellation, expanded healthcare, free money, higher taxes.

I don’t know how someone could be a lib

Death, taxes, and the losing party bitching every four years about how THIS time the country is finally ruined.

• Options
    TheKobeStopperTheKobeStopper Member Posts: 5,959
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment First Anniversary
    jecornel said:

This has been the case for a few decades now but we are entering new territory with the fringe left and big tech having massive control over media and virtually every platform. The brain washing has been extremely powerful. People are buying into complete insanity from a movement perspective. BLM being one example. Just feeds on people’s emotion and then beaten by it hourly through content on every major social platform. LGBTQ has massive issues a fraught with mental illness. If you question a 13 year old taking hormones you are immediately labeled as transphobic.

The youth bracket lives on their phone and white guilt is being thrust upon them in public schools and social media. Their perspectives are being completely warped with zero critical thinking. Celebrities supporting it through diversity and inclusion. A dissenting voice is simply labeled a racist or a giant asshole.

The dems are looking to further plunge American citizens into dependency on the government. Free college, debt cancellation, expanded healthcare, free money, higher taxes.

I don’t know how someone could be a lib

You forgot about the dancing nurses.
  • Options
    Bob_CBob_C Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 9,037
    5 Up Votes Photogenic First Anniversary 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

I like Crenshaw, he's definitely not ready yet though.
    His podcast is good. Has a random expert on and does a few dive into a specific topic. He’s got a ways to go, but his default position is for simplicity and pragmatism which is where the party needs to go. Naturally those traits are anchored in less government.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    There are a couple youngsters in congress who carried the flame to get to the bottom of the coup. They might have a shot