Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

NWG went 32/5/3 with no turnovers

GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
Founders Club
Damn, that's wet as fuck -- I apologize for ever comparing him to Gaddy. In 4 years Gaddy never had a game 1/2 as good as that.

Also Blackwell is solid. He was overhyped by the DM goons, of course, but he's a pretty solid rock under the hoop. Good moves and strong, limited against bigs with huge length.

We still need to make the NCAAs this year (fat chance I know) or I'll be 100% on the Fire Romar bandwagon.

12-6 conference record with 1 P12 tourney win gets us in, yes?

Comments

• Options
    dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    depends.
    The ASU, CU, and UO wins are 3 top 50, probably need 2 more, UCLA at home is a good opportunity, plus we get cal at home and stan at home I believe.
    the RPI is at 67, that needs to get down to 50. It is doable, but I dount it happens.

NWG is not gaddy, he plays well is transition, and has great touch in the paint.

I have to disagree on Blackwell, against teams like Oregon who lack size he can play well, he sucks against teams who have any kind of size inside.
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Gladstone said:

Damn, that's wet as fuck -- I apologize for ever comparing him to Gaddy. In 4 years Gaddy never had a game 1/2 as good as that.

Also Blackwell is solid. He was overhyped by the DM goons, of course, but he's a pretty solid rock under the hoop. Good moves and strong, limited against bigs with huge length.

We still need to make the NCAAs this year (fat chance I know) or I'll be 100% on the Fire Romar bandwagon.

12-6 conference record with 1 P12 tourney win gets us in, yes?

12-6 with 1 conference tournament win gets UW into the NIT.

In that scenario, the road/neutral numbers are still ugly and UW likely still has more bad losses than good wins.

The season is still over just like it was before it ever started.
  • Options
    CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Gladstone said:

I have no idea what warranted the Gaddy comparison to begin with. From day 1 he was clearly better than Gaddy was by his final game. He is going to be a star in the Pac-12, he just needs to find a more consistent jumper. He doesn't even need a great jumper, just a solid one. One of the smartest players ever in the Romar era.
  • Options
    MisterEmMisterEm Member Posts: 6,685
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Gladstone said:

I have no idea what warranted the Gaddy comparison to begin with. From day 1 he was clearly better than Gaddy was by his final game. He is going to be a star in the Pac-12, he just needs to find a more consistent jumper. He doesn't even need a great jumper, just a solid one. One of the smartest players ever in the Romar era.
    +1 Gaddy looked like he was 15 playing against grown ass men his first season.

NWG looks like he belongs but the team is terribly inconsistent and doesn't deserve to sniff the tourney.

• Options
    MisterEm said:

Gladstone said:

+1 Gaddy looked like he was 15 playing against grown ass men his first season.

NWG looks like he belongs but the team is terribly inconsistent and doesn't deserve to sniff the tourney.

Yea this team still sucks but NWG has been fun to watch for the most part. Andrews has improved quite a bit since last year, still can be reckless. Mike Anderson is all hustle and makes plays. Perris is effective on offense, nothing more (and sucks ass on defense). Darin Johnson looks like he will be a pretty good scorer in a year or two. Simmons can only rebound. CJ has been better than I thought he would be so far this year (although he still needs to find that killer instinct). Kemp sucks, Giles Dierxsxsxcckscsx sucks.

This team is way to inconsistent to even sniff the tourney, but the future looks decent if these committments stick from the recruits and Upshaw can come in and contribute. Having Jernard will be huge next year, the biggest weakness of this team is it has 0 size. It is like watching a Wesco team trying to play against a private school.
  • Options
    SteveInSheltonSteveInShelton Member Posts: 1,611
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    As long as Romar is here, the team will always shit the bed with their non-conference schedule no matter how good it is. The future is with a new coach.
  • Options

As long as Romar is here, the team will always shit the bed with their non-conference schedule no matter how good it is. The future is with a new coach.

Romar always shitting the bed OOC and doing decent/well in Pac-12 play speaks volumes about the conference.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    NWG will be one of the best players in the Romar era, provided Scott Woodward doesn't inject growth hormone in his balls and fires Romar. I doubt that happens, but if we miss the tourney next year for the 4th year in a row, I could see it possible happening.

Blackwell sucks. He has good touch around the basket and that's about it. He's slow, can't defend, average rebounder. I'm not impressed with him at all.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

Riley always shitting the bed OOC and doing decent/well in Pac-12 play speaks volumes about the conference.