Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Comments

• haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 21,603 Swaye's Wigwam
    edited January 2021
    As bad as the pac 12 fucked up this season, they have a product that die hard football fans want. Teams can't stay on top for long once they get there in this conference, unlike the other 4. There's natural parity, unlike the NFL. SEC, ACC, B1G, and even Big 12 there is almost no parity and no one is knocking on the door. Iowa state, NC, and Miami suck. Indiana, Northwestern? Wgaf. Saban is chortling with me right now over LSU and A and M. Florida might be done already.

The problem is casual fans don't tune into that as much. No one is great. Just sports culture now in that regard.

There probably is something to being able to get a good tv deal when it comes up, but the Pac 12 net being 6 different mini networks is beyond FS and needs to die, and I think that Fox and ESPN did not like being told 'Naw were so smart out west we can do this tv network thing without you', which is really working against the pac 12. You don't smugly piss people off while internally having no clue what a successful 'media company' even is.

Only 2 former alums on fox even talk about it and give a shit about the pac 12. Brady somewhat supports the conference. Klatt promotes it albeit in the most annoying way where he's giving backhanded compliments constantly.

Urban just calls it like it is, and it's no surprise he's headed to the nfl instead of USC.

Back to the OP. They had to play. They knew they couldn't sit out the year.

They were punished by college football at large accordingly. There is too much bad press to not fire Scott as soon as feasibly possible.

I just hope we can have a normal season with 2-3 0/1 loss teams in the mix in November, with fans.

We need that more than a Playoff game payoff.
  • Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,861
    Cant fire a commissioner in a pandemic year
  • 89ute89ute Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,477 Swaye's Wigwam
    One word - California. My response belongs in the Tug so I'll leave it at that.