Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Here’s something Ted Cruz would like y’all to know

doogiedoogie Member Posts: 15,072
First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
America is a Republic whose leaders are chosen in democratic elections. Those elections, in turn, must comply with the Constitution and with federal and state law.

"When the voters fairly decide an election, pursuant to the rule of law, the losing candidate should acknowledge and respect the legitimacy of that election. And, if the voters choose to elect a new office-holder, our Nation should have a peaceful transfer of power.

"The election of 2020, like the election of 2016, was hard fought and, in many swing states, narrowly decided. The 2020 election, however, featured unprecedented allegations of voter fraud, violations and lax enforcement of election law, and other voting irregularities.

"Voter fraud has posed a persistent challenge in our elections, although its breadth and scope are disputed. By any measure, the allegations of fraud and irregularities in the 2020 election exceed any in our lifetimes.

"And those allegations are not believed just by one individual candidate. Instead, they are widespread. Reuters/Ipsos polling, tragically, shows that 39% of Americans believe ‘the election was rigged.' That belief is held by Republicans (67%), Democrats (17%), and Independents (31%).

"Some Members of Congress disagree with that assessment, as do many members of the media.

"But, whether or not our elected officials or journalists believe it, that deep distrust of our democratic processes will not magically disappear. It should concern us all. And it poses an ongoing threat to the legitimacy of any subsequent administrations.

"Ideally, the courts would have heard evidence and resolved these claims of serious election fraud. Twice, the Supreme Court had the opportunity to do so; twice, the Court declined.

"On January 6, it is incumbent on Congress to vote on whether to certify the 2020 election results. That vote is the lone constitutional power remaining to consider and force resolution of the multiple allegations of serious voter fraud.

"At that quadrennial joint session, there is long precedent of Democratic Members of Congress raising objections to presidential election results, as they did in 1969, 2001, 2005, and 2017. And, in both 1969 and 2005, a Democratic Senator joined with a Democratic House Member in forcing votes in both houses on whether to accept the presidential electors being challenged.

"The most direct precedent on this question arose in 1877, following serious allegations of fraud and illegal conduct in the Hayes-Tilden presidential race. Specifically, the elections in three states-Florida, Louisiana, and South Carolina-were alleged to have been conducted illegally.

"In 1877, Congress did not ignore those allegations, nor did the media simply dismiss those raising them as radicals trying to undermine democracy. Instead, Congress appointed an Electoral Commission-consisting of five Senators, five House Members, and five Supreme Court Justices-to consider and resolve the disputed returns.

"We should follow that precedent. To wit, Congress should immediately appoint an Electoral Commission, with full investigatory and fact-finding authority, to conduct an emergency 10-day audit of the election returns in the disputed states. Once completed, individual states would evaluate the Commission's findings and could convene a special legislative session to certify a change in their vote, if needed.

"Accordingly, we intend to vote on January 6 to reject the electors from disputed states as not ‘regularly given' and ‘lawfully certified' (the statutory requisite), unless and until that emergency 10-day audit is completed.

"We are not naïve. We fully expect most if not all Democrats, and perhaps more than a few Republicans, to vote otherwise. But support of election integrity should not be a partisan issue. A fair and credible audit-conducted expeditiously and completed well before January 20-would dramatically improve Americans' faith in our electoral process and would significantly enhance the legitimacy of whoever becomes our next President. We owe that to the People.

"These are matters worthy of the Congress, and entrusted to us to defend. We do not take this action lightly. We are acting not to thwart the democratic process, but rather to protect it. And every one of us should act together to ensure that the election was lawfully conducted under the Constitution and to do everything we can to restore faith in our Democracy."

https://www.cruz.senate.gov/?p=press_release&id=5541

Comments

• Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,820
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    It is what it is for 2020

Transparency and addressing concerns of and potential sources of fraud need to be addressed in the 2022 and 2024 elections
  • Options
    it is what it is?

LIPO
  • Options
    AOGAOG Member Posts: 1,534
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    THIS HAS LEGS!
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 42,308
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
  • Options
    LoneStarDawgLoneStarDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 13,157
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
  • Options
    edited January 2021
    Itiz whatitiz

https://youtu.be/IKiyAy9vjrk

What we have here is we actually have fraud that we can prove in this election, there was fraud in Georgia’s election, we can prove it with data,” Mealey, who served as a Navy electronic warfare technician for nearly a decade as well as a data analyst and programmer for the CIA and National Counterterrorism Center, told the panel.

“The voting will of the people of Georgia is not reflected in what was certified by the secretary of state,” Mealey, who currently works for one of the “Big Four” accounting firms as a programmer, added.

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2021/01/ignored-media-data-scientists-testify-17650-votes-switched-trump-biden-georgia-amazing-video/
  • Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,681
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    What did leftists actually win? I don't understand. They arent getting anything.

I guess if you really hate trump to that extent then it's a small victory to get him out. But he never affected your daily life so not really.
  • Options
    dfleadflea Member Posts: 7,221
    edited January 2021

What did leftists actually win? I don't understand. They arent getting anything.

I guess if you really hate trump to that extent then it's a small victory to get him out. But he never affected your daily life so not really.

My life wasn't largely affected by having Trump in office and it won't be greatly affected by having Biden in office. Contrary to the wailings of the pussy hatters 4 years ago, and all you fellas today.

That's the beauty of being a middle class white man.

The first worthless politician that legalizes weed on a federal level will get me to vote for his or her party for the duration. That would be change that affects me.
  • Options
    The only thing that changes when weed is legal on the fed level will be the addition of the New fed tax
  • Options
    doogie said:

The only thing that changes when weed is legal on the fed level will be the addition of the New fed tax

Wrong. And right.

Of course the feds will tax it - what other incentive is there for them to decriminalize or legalize it? That's the incentive for everyone to legalize it - it's a cash cow.

• Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,681
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    dflea said:

My life wasn't largely affected by having Trump in office and it won't be greatly affected by having Biden in office. Contrary to the wailings of the pussy hatters 4 years ago, and all you fellas today.

The first worthless politician that legalizes weed on a federal level will get me to vote for his or her party for the duration. That would be change that affects me.
    Sounds like we should bone
  • Options
    WestlinnDuckWestlinnDuck Member Posts: 14,348
    Standard Supporter
    "The first worthless politician that legalizes weed on a federal level will get me to vote for his or her party for the duration. That would be change that affects me." Flea can't find weed in the US because of Trump. Says he can go find an elk and kill it, but finding some weed is like playing 4D chess, apparently.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,820
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    doogie said:

it is what it is?

LIPO

I’m skeptical that anything material will come out in the next 2 weeks to change the current direction

The risk/reward of using political capital always needs to be evaluated ...

I don’t have the right answer right now and have full confidence that Biden’s not even a mediocre option as President, but Trump’s full on damaged goods at this point.

It’s time to repurpose energy into finishing off the Georgia races, 2022, and 2024.

And honestly, not sure how Trump plays in either right now but it’s probably in his best interest to not come off looking like the Democrats want him to look.
  • Options
    NorthwestFreshNorthwestFresh Member Posts: 7,972
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker

dflea said:

Well @dflea seems to have an active cocksucking imagination so I’m sure he’s game.
  • Options
    WestlinnDuckWestlinnDuck Member Posts: 14,348
    Standard Supporter
    Tequilla said:

doogie said:

it is what it is?

LIPO

I’m skeptical that anything material will come out in the next 2 weeks to change the current direction

I don’t have the right answer right now and have full confidence that Biden’s not even a mediocre option as President, but Trump’s full on damaged goods at this point.

It’s time to repurpose energy into finishing off the Georgia races, 2022, and 2024.

And honestly, not sure how Trump plays in either right now but it’s probably in his best interest to not come off looking like the Democrats want him to look.
    Not sure what "repurpose energy" means. If we have blue cities feeling that they got away with the big cheat in 2020, what is to stop them from just upping the ante? If Romney feels safe and entitled to blame Trump for being a bad sport but remaining silent about the blatant fraud in Fulton Co. and the in the bag so called Georgia Republican SOS and Georgia AG then what? We have about 70 percent trying to row the boat on our side and 30 percent thinking that being honest and calling out lies and fraud is "bad form".
  • Options

"The first worthless politician that legalizes weed on a federal level will get me to vote for his or her party for the duration. That would be change that affects me." Flea can't find weed in the US because of Trump. Says he can go find an elk and kill it, but finding some weed is like playing 4D chess, apparently.

Yeah, that's what I said.

You sure are a cunt.
  • Options

dflea said:

Well @dflea seems to have an active cocksucking imagination so I’m sure he’s game.
    How's your kid? Still depressed his dad is a uselsss cocksucker and can't teach him how to be a man?
  • Options
    NorthwestFreshNorthwestFresh Member Posts: 7,972
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    dflea said:

dflea said:

How's your kid? Still depressed his dad is a uselsss cocksucker and can't teach him how to be a man?
    I have daughters and what is it with you Freaks mentioning my kids today. First @insinceredawg has a mole station fantasy involving Trump, and now your dumbshit self is talking abut a son I don’t have.

How is it being childless and lonely? Must not be going well considering the fatties and tweekers who live in the south sound you have to date.
  • Options
    MelloDawgMelloDawg Member Posts: 6,251
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    edited January 2021
    Tequilla said:

doogie said:

it is what it is?

LIPO

Too late for that. He was complaining after the 2016 election and he won that one.

The current GOP has plenty to work with if they can hang on to the Senate (if they don’t, they are likely properly fucked). They cleaned up at the congressional and state level for representation. History also doesn’t favor the party of any president in midterm elections.

Biden will go to town with EOs and memos, but that’s about it.