Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Oregon’s 2020 season

2»

Comments

• RatherBeBrewingRatherBeBrewing Member Posts: 1,557
    haie said:

I do appreciate that Joe Moorhead aka "the best offseason hire in the country" led his offense to two 17 point performances. Say what you like about JonDon but he didn't even achieve that once this season.

Joe Moorhead didn’t fumble the ball four times. Hiring him has been the best assistant decision of Cristo’s tenure.

Oregon averaged 6.8 yards per play against Iowa State, their defense gave up over 6.2 just once this season. Oregon finished the season averaging 6.6 yards per play, tied with Oklahoma and ahead of Clemson. 24 spots above Washington for the curious.

Being 121st in turnover margin after forcing zero turnovers in 5/7 games is what you should be celebrating. Last year Oregon was 5th at +1.2 this year its -1.3. Give Moorhead is always good advice for the womenfolk or so inclined menfolk, but give Moorhead the 2.5 extra possessions per game that Awwoyo enjoyed.
    Which is another way of asking what was Moorhead's output per possession, and what should it be?

So far Shough is mostly to blame, and that's fair. No way that kid starts next year.
    Points produced by the offense is how we usually judge OCs. Unfortunately there’s no perfect stat to encapsulate whether an OC is good or not. Clay Helton and Slovis giving you short fields skews stats. Points per offensive play is also easily skewed. I prefer yards per play excluding G-5s and garbage time. Total yards is especially useless when you play teams hellbent on keeping your good offense off the field.

Moorhead was far from perfect, but after two games every single team tried to keep his offense off the field by running the play clock down when they normally wouldn’t. Even Chip Kelly, who had his team snapping at :01 more often than not.

Shough gets the lion’s share of the blame, but even with his shitty reading of the option he somehow stumbled into great efficiency numbers in spite of himself. RBs and receivers fumbled 6x in five games before today. I got to see one of them tackle himself in open space, and as he was falling down he knees the ball out of his hands and straight to the nearest defender a few yards away. I’ve never seen that happen, ever. I reffed pee wee football when I was in high school and I’ve seen kids run the wrong way or slap the ball away from their own teammates but never saw one tackle himself and force his own fumble.

I doubt Shough starts next year. I’ve only ever seen one QB go from shit to great in his fourth year, and that was 06 and 07 Dennis Dixon. Oregon using a competent QB is the difference between them sucking donkey ass next year or not, because this offensive system is the best Oregon has had since 2015 or 2014. Since I love lamenting over things that can’t happen I wish we had Moorhead in 2019 with Herbert.

• dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    Kaepsknee said:

I'm not going to look it up but there can't possibly be a worse NY6 bowl team than that Oregon team in the BCS era

You lost 3 of them in a row. Sit the fuck down. You haven’t won one in 21 years.

20 years almost to the day actually.

When was Wazzu's last one?
  • Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,861
    haie said:

They still punked uw harder than ever in college football history

How do you "punk" someone that willingly let's you take their place?
    By taking their place, winning, then bragging about it.

They essentially shoved you guys in your lockers and called you nerds while husky nation was rooting for them to represent the north!
  • TommySQCTommySQC Member Posts: 5,813
    Kaepsknee said:

I'm not going to look it up but there can't possibly be a worse NY6 bowl team than that Oregon team in the BCS era

You lost 3 of them in a row. Sit the fuck down. You haven’t won one in 21 years.

Quit deflecting. Point still stands.