Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Oregon’s 2020 season

backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,852
edited January 2021 in Hardcore Husky Board
Oregon’s cupcake mickey mouse run to a Fiesta Bowl loss
-played stanford w/o their starting QB/WRs
-Down against trash Wazzu in the 4th
-Almost lost to UCLA’s JV team
-Lost to the Beavlet
-Lost to poverty Cal
-UW Covid issues
-Slovis meltdown
-Beef’d by ISU/Offensive meltdown
-Youngest roster in the cuntry!1!1

Comments

• whlinderwhlinder Member Posts: 4,623 Standard Supporter

I'm not going to look it up but there can't possibly be a worse NY6 bowl team than that Oregon team in the BCS era

Off the top of my head I can only come up with like a Pittsburgh or UConn team which won the Big East and got to play in one.

Oh and Hawaii. They won a few games and were allowed to play in one and were absolutely terrible.
  • Neighbor2972Neighbor2972 Member Posts: 4,309

I'm not going to look it up but there can't possibly be a worse NY6 bowl team than that Oregon team in the BCS era

UConn was probably the worst
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,782 Founders Club
    99 Stanford was BCS era
  • haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 21,603 Swaye's Wigwam

Oregon’s cupcake mickey mouse run to a Fiesta Bowl loss
    -played stanford w/o their starting QB/WRs
    -Down against trash Wazzu in the 4th
    -Almost lost to UCLA’s JV team
    -Lost to the Beavlet
    -Lost to poverty Cal
    -UW Covid issues
    -Slovis meltdown
    -Beef’d by ISU/Offensive meltdown
    -Youngest roster in the cuntry!1!1

@DJDuck

@DJDuck

... @Mosster47
  • CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,024 Founders Club

ND played in a fiesta at 6-5 but that might’ve been pre-BCS.
  • RatherBeBrewingRatherBeBrewing Member Posts: 1,557
    Pretty shitty year. But there’s another steel vagina in the trophy case, a boatload of blue chip recruits on the way, and recruiting will be even easier going forward considering what happened to the other Pac-12 teams - I’m whelmed.
  • Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,861
    They still punked uw harder than ever in college football history

How do you "punk" someone that willingly let's you take their place?
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

I do appreciate that Joe Moorhead aka "the best offseason hire in the country" led his offense to two 17 point performances. Say what you like about JonDon but he didn't even achieve that once this season.

NGL I wanted Morehead too.
  • ntxduckntxduck Member Posts: 5,601
    dnc said:

I do appreciate that Joe Moorhead aka "the best offseason hire in the country" led his offense to two 17 point performances. Say what you like about JonDon but he didn't even achieve that once this season.

NGL I wanted Morehead too.
    Yes yes, we all want morehead, but stop being horny on main for a second so we can talk football coaches
  • oregonblitzkriegoregonblitzkrieg Member Posts: 15,288
    dnc said:

UO had nothing to do with that shit.

That was all Bill Gates.

FYFMFE
  • RatherBeBrewingRatherBeBrewing Member Posts: 1,557

Joe Moorhead didn’t fumble the ball four times. Hiring him has been the best assistant decision of Cristo’s tenure.

Oregon averaged 6.8 yards per play against Iowa State, their defense gave up over 6.2 just once this season. Oregon finished the season averaging 6.6 yards per play, tied with Oklahoma and ahead of Clemson. 24 spots above Washington for the curious.

Being 121st in turnover margin after forcing zero turnovers in 5/7 games is what you should be celebrating. Last year Oregon was 5th at +1.2 this year its -1.3. Give Moorhead is always good advice for the womenfolk or so inclined menfolk, but give Moorhead the 2.5 extra possessions per game that Awwoyo enjoyed.

Joe Moorhead didn’t fumble the ball four times. Hiring him has been the best assistant decision of Cristo’s tenure.

Oregon averaged 6.8 yards per play against Iowa State, their defense gave up over 6.2 just once this season. Oregon finished the season averaging 6.6 yards per play, tied with Oklahoma and ahead of Clemson. 24 spots above Washington for the curious.

Being 121st in turnover margin after forcing zero turnovers in 5/7 games is what you should be celebrating. Last year Oregon was 5th at +1.2 this year its -1.3. Give Moorhead is always good advice for the womenfolk or so inclined menfolk, but give Moorhead the 2.5 extra possessions per game that Awwoyo enjoyed.
    Which is another way of asking what was Moorhead's output per possession, and what should it be?

So far Shough is mostly to blame, and that's fair. No way that kid starts next year.
  • KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,849
    edited January 2021

You lost 3 of them in a row. Sit the fuck down. You haven’t won one in 21 years.