Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

It is Tim

YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,892
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
Swaye's Wigwam
To take Notre Dame off of college football Mt Rushmore. The echoes are not waking up.

Comments

• Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,959
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

To take Notre Dame off of college football Mt Rushmore. The echoes are not waking up.

It has been a long tim since they were truly elite
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

It has been a long tim since they were truly elite
    27 years to be precise.
  • Options
    biak1biak1 Member Posts: 3,986
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    They still have 8 nattys according to ESPN, but yeah. Propped up bigly by the media.
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,741
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic

Absofuckinglutely. They have waltzed into big bowls with lower credentials more often than any other program. Not saying this year. I don't have a compelling alternate for #4; though I think there are several other teams outside of the Big 3 that are just as good as they are this year.

It's Bama, Clemson, Buck and, when they feel like it, LSU.

Everyone else is varying degrees of OK.
  • Options

biak1 said:

They still have 8 nattys according to ESPN, but yeah. Propped up bigly by the media.

The overall legacy is there, but when you haven’t been elite since 1993 enough is enough. 2016 UW was better than either of ND’s playoff teams. And we fucking suck.
    It's not that they lose on this stage. They lose bigly and embarrassingly. They prove what Brian Kelley, and Brian Kelley, said they needed to disprove before the game: that they don't belong on that field. And they don't.

This isn't even the most tippy toppy-est of Bamers team, and they were never in it. Not at all for even a second. I don't want to hear about if this or if that ... they weren't ever in it and added a cosmetic TD at the end to make it look slightly less embarrassing.

They were never going to win this game and would lose 10 out of 10.

How they ever beat Clemson even once I'll never know.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

biak1 said:

The overall legacy is there, but when you haven’t been elite since 1993 enough is enough. 2016 UW was better than either of ND’s playoff teams. And we fucking suck.
    It's not that they lose on this stage. They lose bigly and embarrassingly. They prove what Brian Kelley, and Brian Kelley, said they needed to disprove before the game: that they don't belong on that field. And they don't.

This isn't even the most tippy toppy-est of Bamers team, and they were never in it. Not at all for even a second. I don't want to hear about if this or if that ... they weren't ever in it and added a cosmetic TD at the end to make it look slightly less embarrassing.

I think it is the best Bama team but I agree with the rest of this.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

biak1 said:

COVID ese. That’s why they beat Clemson.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

biak1 said:

It’s just too bad Miamuh can’t get there shit together and win another Natty @creepycoug . 6 NTs and 3 runner ups in 4 decades would merit consideration. But you’re backing me into a corner with Oklahoma. USC still safe for now.
  • Options

biak1 said:

It’s just too bad Miamuh can’t get there shit together and win another Natty @creepycoug . 6 NTs and 3 runner ups in 4 decades would merit consideration. But you’re backing me into a corner with Oklahoma. USC still safe for now.
    No fix on the horizon either IMO.
  • Options
    GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,147
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

Absofuckinglutely. They have waltzed into big bowls with lower credentials more often than any other program. Not saying this year. I don't have a compelling alternate for #4; though I think there are several other teams outside of the Big 3 that are just as good as they are this year.

Not even when they feel like it. LSU is back to their usual underperforming after one year of a generational quarterback and an absurd stack of talent across the roster. They're not getting that back any time soon with O at the helm.

Georgia and OK are clearly in tier 2 below the big 3. After them it's another huge gulf before you get to the rest of the nobodies of college football.
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,824
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    If they actually enforced rules like they used to, Bammer and the Ohio State instantly lose 30 scholarships and lose postseason for two seasons. As does whOregon.

I know, crazy, revolutionary idea here. I remember Bammer getting slapped pretty hard in the late 90s. Let's bring that back. Start with the SEC....
  • Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,750
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment

#myFaggies are a sleeping giant.

Burn it with fire.