Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Husky Jacks open thread [2021]

Comments

• Options
    KrunkJuiceKrunkJuice Member Posts: 2,046
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    FireCohen said:

Is it just me or is Julius Irvin the only DB that WRs on our team catch the ball against lmao

From the little I’ve seen, he’s always right there too. I’ve always wanted another Chris Massey.
    Keith Taylor
    Did Chris Massey get drafted? Taylor is a horrible comp.
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,621
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

FireCohen said:

Is it just me or is Julius Irvin the only DB that WRs on our team catch the ball against lmao

From the little I’ve seen, he’s always right there too. I’ve always wanted another Chris Massey.
    Keith Taylor
    Retard level shit. Massey wasn't good in any way. He didn't give up a bunch of completions in tight coverage. He never had tight coverage.

Taylor has one deficiency. To some its a big one, and I get it, but the coverage part of his game, at least lined up outside in man, is as good as anyone in this draft. Some teams are going to value that enough to go as early as they feel they have to, within reason, to get him. Third round is unlikely but 4th isn't.
  • Options
    Beno4LifeBeno4Life Member Posts: 533
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Irvin was my favorite recruit of that class. Thought he should have been a 5 star based on his HS tape. Shocked he hasn’t developed into an All-American, but maybe he doesn’t have the frame? I don’t know, thought he’d be a bigger Molden.
  • Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,566
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    Beno4Life said:

Irvin was my favorite recruit of that class. Thought he should have been a 5 star based on his HS tape. Shocked he hasn’t developed into an All-American, but maybe he doesn’t have the frame? I don’t know, thought he’d be a bigger Molden.

Irvin sucks in coverage
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Beno4Life said:

He's had a lot of injury time and hasn't found his form I guess. Maybe he's lost it. Maybe he's better than people think right now.
  • Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,983
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    chuck said:

FireCohen said:

Keith Taylor
    Retard level shit. Massey wasn't good in any way. He didn't give up a bunch of completions in tight coverage. He never had tight coverage.

Taylor has one deficiency. To some its a big one, and I get it, but the coverage part of his game, at least lined up outside in man, is as good as anyone in this draft. Some teams are going to value that enough to go as early as they feel they have to, within reason, to get him. Third round is unlikely but 4th isn't.
    If course it was an over the top comp. but that was funny. If you can’t see the humor in dropped int’s that become TD’s for the other team and mistimed jumps from his first snaps vs Rutgers that continued throughout his career then I can’t help you.
  • Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,909
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    Huard having a rough Friday practice.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

chuck said:

FireCohen said:

Keith Taylor

If course it was an over the top comp. but that was funny. If you can’t see the humor in dropped int’s that become TD’s for the other team and mistimed jumps from his first snaps vs Rutgers that continued throughout his career then I can’t help you.
    Hey I'm in on any reasonable excuse to hate on the players.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,381
    Swaye's Wigwam

• Options
    BCoveysLifeInsPolicyBCoveysLifeInsPolicy Member Posts: 122

Are you implying he's the poster boy for trypophobia?
  • Options
    HairyBallsDawgHairyBallsDawg Member Posts: 1,008
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

dnc said:

D Mo building chemistry with the transfer from the Big 12, hits him in stride

It’s like Dylan just throws it as far and as hard as he can anything past 25yards lmao always overthrowing
    Not always

In fairness he said 25 yards. That’s about 25 from the LOS there. And it’s in the middle of the field.
    Are passes measured from the LOS instead of where the passer is standing? The throw was just over 30 yards from where Morris was standing when he releases.

From practice reports he has also hit a few long ones this spring but I don't have video otherwise I'd make a new GIF showing it.

I just think all this criticism along the theme of "Morris can't hit anybody beyond 20-25 yards" is retarded.

We won the Pac12 North with a brand new HC, brand new OC, brand new starting QB, and most of the OL were new starters.

The sky isn't falling if Morris wins the starting job again. To me he plays like a winner.
    If your best counterexample (out of 300+ live snaps) to the claim Morris can’t hit anything past 25 yards...is a 30 yard post to the tight end across the middle of the field...then the point stands.
    It isn't the best counterexample though... it is just the one for which I have video to make a GIF.

See previously mentioned practice reports for other counter examples.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

dnc said:

It’s like Dylan just throws it as far and as hard as he can anything past 25yards lmao always overthrowing
    Not always

In fairness he said 25 yards. That’s about 25 from the LOS there. And it’s in the middle of the field.
    Are passes measured from the LOS instead of where the passer is standing? The throw was just over 30 yards from where Morris was standing when he releases.

From practice reports he has also hit a few long ones this spring but I don't have video otherwise I'd make a new GIF showing it.

I just think all this criticism along the theme of "Morris can't hit anybody beyond 20-25 yards" is retarded.

We won the Pac12 North with a brand new HC, brand new OC, brand new starting QB, and most of the OL were new starters.

The sky isn't falling if Morris wins the starting job again. To me he plays like a winner.
    If your best counterexample (out of 300+ live snaps) to the claim Morris can’t hit anything past 25 yards...is a 30 yard post to the tight end across the middle of the field...then the point stands.
    It isn't the best counterexample though... it is just the one for which I have video to make a GIF.

There is probably video out there of McMillan and Ty Jones botching well thrown bombs last season.
  • Options
    FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,708
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

dnc said:

Not always

Talking about what Morris has done in live game play not scrimmage. Sample size isn’t huge but he missed a bunch of deep shots last year and I don’t remember him hitting any.

Hopefully that is an area of improvement for him for next year.
  • Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,566
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

dnc said:

Not always

Talking about what Morris has done in live game play not scrimmage. Sample size isn’t huge but he missed a bunch of deep shots last year and I don’t remember him hitting any.

There were multiple well thrown deep balls that were dropped
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    dnc said:

dnc said:

Not always

He missed more than they dropped.

Deep ball fails were a team effort.
    Definitely true. Bombs are low percentage in the best of times assuming Chris Massey isn't in the game. If he just gets a little luck and a couple of the catchable balls get hauled in, this endless argument wouldn't even exist.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    chuck said:

dnc said:

dnc said:

Not always

He missed more than they dropped.

Deep ball fails were a team effort.
    Definitely true. Bombs are low percentage in the best of times assuming Chris Massey isn't in the game. If he just gets a little luck and a couple of the catchable balls get hauled in, this endless argument wouldn't even exist.
    I disagree, even if the catchable ones were caught Morris still missed a bunch, badly. Locker had some deep balls caught but we complained about his deep ball forever because he overthrew so many so badly.