Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Husky Jacks open thread [2021]

Comments

• Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,994
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    chuck said:
    Did he learn how to tackle yet? Also nobody mistimes their jumps or drops int’s better than Taylor.

That being said he was good besides that. Not being sarcastic. Just a weird player. But not very good at the things mentioned above. How do you play that many reps with no picks?
  • Options
    NeverLosetoWSUNeverLosetoWSU Member Posts: 2
    First Comment Photogenic
    Very weird, I never remember being impressed by Taylor. Like even dudes like Littleton flashed and then backed it up but not recalling that with Taylor. As long as it makes the program look better...
  • Options
    RealRhinoRealRhino Member Posts: 615
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Like him, but even in those clips you see why he lacks ball skills. Never really makes a great play on the ball unless it's to stick an arm out to deflect. Those plays where he's in position to make a play on it he doesn't get his feet under him and do it. Kind of drifts and then flails at the ball instead of getting his balance and attacking it. In terms of draft picks, I still think he goes after Molden, Levi, and Tryon.
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,638
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited February 2021
    It's almost like some of you think a corner has to make the highlight reel to be doing his job. If you know he's starting and playing most snaps yet you rarely hear his name then he's doing a good job.

Taylor is going to get paid to prevent completions, not make interceptions.

Very weird, I never remember being impressed by Taylor. Like even dudes like Littleton flashed and then backed it up but not recalling that with Taylor. As long as it makes the program look better...

• Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    chuck said:

It's almost like some of you think a corner has to make the highlight reel to be doing his job. If you know he's starting and playing most snaps yet you rarely hear his name then he's doing a good job.

Taylor is going to get paid to prevent completions, not make interceptions.

Dude going to love nfl complain about dude is in perfect coverage but still gives up a play
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Interceptions, which really are ball skills, are very important for a DB. It’s a lot of reps for a guy to have with no INT’s. And Taylor did give up plays when he was right there because which is likely because his ball skills aren’t very good.

He was a solid CB. Maybe he develops into a decent NFL CB. I don’t think that will happen, but it might.
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,638
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Sorry, English is my first and only language.

Interceptions, which really are ball skills, are very important for a DB. It’s a lot of reps for a guy to have with no INT’s. And Taylor did give up plays when he was right there because which is likely because his ball skills aren’t very good.

He was a solid CB. Maybe he develops into a decent NFL CB. I don’t think that will happen, but it might.

Picks are secondary to coverage at best. Probably down the list from that. Plenty of shitty CBS make interceptions and hack fans jerk off over it and think that play erases getting thrown on all day. Taylor rarely got thrown on. Most of the times he was he had good to great coverage and that went on for four seasons.

He's very good at his primary duty which is to cover guys and force the QB to look elsewhere or throw up a 50:50 ball. The scouts see it and draft day will reflect it.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    Taylor is Jordan Miller good. I like him and hope he does well.

He's not Kevin King or Sidney Jones or Byron Murphy or Elijah Molden or Trent McDuffie good (or Marcus Peters or Desmond Trufant).

Which is no knock, we havre been chinsanely spoiled with elite CB play.

He'll play in the NFL for a long time and probably stumble into a couple of picks.

He's not getting drafted ahead of Levi, Elijah or Tryon though.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    dnc said:
    Great sedition, as always