Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Spiffy's Restaurant Going to Court vs. Jay Inslee

Comments

• Options
    huskyhooliganhuskyhooligan Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,098
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I would think the state would have to prove that people were in fact catching covid from dining at Spiffy's. But Inslee gonna Inslee.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,687
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Spmewhere in all of these fascist states there is a legislature not doing its job. When the courts ruled against Whitmer she ignored them and then cried about a death threat or three. Boo fucking hoo
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,933

Jay Inslee belongs in prison. hanging upside down.

• Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,933

I would think the state would have to prove that people were in fact catching covid from dining at Spiffy's. But Inslee gonna Inslee.

Bob Ferguson gets off scott-free in all this. Inslee isn't smart enough to pull this off.

Fuck Bob Ferguson - another child killer.

• Options
    WestlinnDuckWestlinnDuck Member Posts: 14,009
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Standard Supporter
    Oregon's statute specifically authorizes the governor to exercise emergency executive orders in the event of a proclaimed emergency. But the statute only authorizes the emergency authority for the governor for 30 days. Then it has to be specifically extended by the legislature. Of course, the super majority of dems in the Oregon legislature don't want to be blamed for the shutdown because they are such brave and courageous public servants. So, no extension. Citizens then sue over the now illegal shut down orders. Oregon Supreme Court of course proclaims that the Oregon governor has indefinite super powers during a proclaimed emergency because - strong feelings. So, no indoor dining or open gyms because Kate Brown, like Inslee and Newsome, just have to say SCIENCE and voila a one person dictator with absolutely no resistance from the MSM, just docile support.
  • Options
    WestlinnDuckWestlinnDuck Member Posts: 14,009
    Standard Supporter
    https://pjmedia.com/news-and-politics/jeff-reynolds/2020/12/31/exclusive-oregon-mayor-leads-the-charge-to-open-businesses-on-jan-1-despite-lockdowns-n1293468

In an exclusive interview with PJ Media, Pulliam [mayor of Sandy, Oregon] said he’s heard from countless business owners who tell him they can’t last another couple of weeks under Governor Kate Brown’s lockdown orders before closing for good. “The message I got from them,” Pulliam said, “was that they’re between a rock and a hard place.”

He got a text from a business owner asking for a meeting a couple of weekends ago. “She said can you meet me at my restaurant to at three o’clock? I showed up,” he said, “and it was just about every member of our Main Street in Sandy. From restaurants and bars to baristas to fitness centers. They communicated they’re ready to open. I don’t tell people this too often, but they were ready to open that Sunday. They were ready to go.”

Oregon has implemented some of America’s most stringent lockdown orders for the CCP Wuhan coronavirus, despite having among the lowest rates of COVID-19 infections and deaths.

Pulliam said he had to be blunt with the business owners in his city. “I feel a pretty big sense of responsibility,” he said. “when you become the mayor of your hometown like I did. I spelled it out for them, what we control here in Sandy, our police department or local business licenses, but more importantly, what we don’t control, that the governor has power over which is the OLCC, the lottery commission, OSHA.”

“It’s been unbelievable,” he said, “to get these messages where people asked me if I’d be willing to come visit their community, that they have a gathering of business owners. I drive over, I show up, and I have a hard time finding a spot to park! These jam-packed rooms of people. It’s truly been humbling, but it’s not about me and it’s not about Governor Brown. What it’s about for these people in these small communities is they’re at the end of their rope. They’re ready to take their state back, and open their doors, and take their livelihoods back—what they’ve worked for their entire lives. That’s been just the best part, is watching people organized in their local communities, having really serious conversations.”

The reaction has been overwhelming for Pulliam. “I’ve never seen this in the state before,” he said, “where people have just had enough. They’re ready to return to the Oregon that we all know and love, that we’re starting to lose and have taken away from us more and more every day.”

The reaction has been so overwhelming, it’s even caught the attention of Governor Kate Brown. In fact, it led to a phone call between Pulliam and Brown. “What I told the governor,” Pulliam said, “is it’s pretty unbelievable to be able to walk around packed in the malls, packed in the Walmarts, and support Corporate America, but we can’t sit down and support a locally owned small business. I asked her, I’m just not seeing the evidence. I’m not seeing the evidence that that justifies such an action. I got to tell you, she acted excited. She said, I absolutely have the evidence.”

“It made me nervous,” Pulliam said with a laugh. “I thought oh, holy smokes, here it comes after months of waiting for it. She said, you know, I’ll have our health officials send you the evidence immediately after this.”

That evidence never materialized. “Here we sit days after she said that she would provide the evidence,” he said, “and still there’s no evidence. And when you think how she has closed down the small business owners throughout the state of Oregon without providing the evidence. They demand to know, they certainly have a right to know, why have they been shut down and why they don’t have the ability to open up and try to put food food on the plate for their families. It’s unbelievable.”
  • Options
    doogiedoogie Member Posts: 15,072
    If these pesky small business would just close for good we can end these silly lockdowns
  • Options
    huskyhooliganhuskyhooligan Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,098
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam

Bob Ferguson gets off scott-free in all this. Inslee isn't smart enough to pull this off.

Fuck Bob Ferguson - another child killer.

Blanchet grads bro. Never trust them.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Seriously these governors need to go to Club Fed and work on their back hands for a couple of years.

And that's the nice ending to them
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam