Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Comments

• Options
    hardhathardhat Member Posts: 8,343
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    I always end up deep in the rabbit hole reading the local crime beat when I click on links like this.
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,743
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic

I used to like to read about myself in Olympiana - a segment in the Olympian about petty crime committed by restless youth

Hooligans smash window at store over night was a personal favorite

Imagine being an angry drunk at 16 years old

#SouthSoundLife

I've given some thought lately to checking out of seattle and building a place on the water on one of the inlets. 85% of my friendships in Seattle, other than those forged at UW, are transactional and at their core linked to my work position. as time goes on, we find that more and more of our people are in the greater Olympia area (or Palm Desert, which holds little appeal for me).

#stillblackhillsleaguetuff

#aberdeenolympiasheltontriumvirate4ever

@dflea

• Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,381
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Before the move to California I actually got my wife to live for a year in Olympia after we sold our house and when I was running the office there

Unfortunately the issues expressed elsewhere on this forum make it all but impossible that she ever sets foot there again. She grew up in the ghetto. Turning beautiful cities into ghettos doesn't really appeal to her
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,743
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic

Before the move to California I actually got my wife to live for a year in Olympia after we sold our house and when I was running the office there

Unfortunately the issues expressed elsewhere on this forum make it all but impossible that she ever sets foot there again. She grew up in the ghetto. Turning beautiful cities into ghettos doesn't really appeal to her

I hear you. I still assume there is some appeal to Oly because of its proximity to water and other natural attractions. The downtown core is like Beirut now. I drove through it a couple months back. It's worse than downtown Seattle other than the 15 freeway underpasses and Pioneer Square, which are hard to beat in terms of urban decay.
  • Options
    HHuskyHHusky Member Posts: 19,175
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Imagine being an angry drunk at 16 years old

And now you're no longer 16.
  • Options
    dfleadflea Member Posts: 7,221
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    I'm not going to lobby for anyone to move to Olympia. So yeah, it's fucked up. Bad place. Bums everywhere. It's like creep said - worse than Seattle.

I hear Dallas is nice.