Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Best Free Concert You've Attended?

YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,961
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
Swaye's Wigwam
2009. Steve Earl solo with an acoustic guitar at the old Easy Street Records in Lower QA (RIP). One of the best country artists of the past 40 years rather easily.

Comments

• Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    It probably isn’t technically free but Chilifest in Snook, Texas a couple of years ... Pat Green
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    I can’t remember if I had to pay a cover or not ... but Zac Brown Band before they were ZBB at 8.0’s in Sundance Square in downtown Ft Worth
  • Options
    DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,475
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    This is a great song. Pretty much the vibe of the scene I was describing.
  • Options
    GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    edited December 2020
    Linkin Park in Hong Kong. When they did Hybrid Theory it was a borderline religious experience.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited December 2020
    Fishpo31 said:

I don't know if this technically qualifies, but I'm going with it...97, in the Bay Area on a recruiting trip, a buddy /coach down there asks me when I am leaving, (that night). I tell him, and he says, "change your flight to tomorrow morning", and leaves the room. I am meeting with his players that I am interested in, in his office. Every hour, he comes back and asks if I have changed my flight. I finally tell him, "I'm not changing it until I know the reason". He drags it out, busting my balls, but he eventually tells me, and I call and change it.

His kids were doing event security for fundraising, and the chief called to thank him, and, because his kids did such a good job, to invite he and his staff for the last night. One of his assistants couldn't go, so I replaced him, with the stipulation that I could be fucked if they asked for ID, because my name wasn't on the previously submitted roster. We get to the venue, through security, and go in. No ID check, but I was sweating it right to the end.

We carried catering into the dressing rooms, got to hear the sound checks, all that was left was the passes. The security boss comes up and slaps an O'Doul's wristband on me (I still have it). My buddy asks "What does this do?". She said "you can go anywhere in the building."

We were on the side of the stage when the opener came out...Pearl Jam, opening for the Stones.

Best part of it...I called my boss to ask if I could come in an hour late the next day. He said sure, and asked why. There was silence on the other end, because he had worked his ass off to get tickets in our city, and got shut out...tl/dr/csb

CSB. Third Eye Blind (gay) opened for the Stones when I saw them at the Kingdome in 1997.
  • Options
    Mad_SonMad_Son Member Posts: 10,094
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Presidents of the USA and Harvey Danger
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Mad_Son said:

Presidents of the USA and Harvey Danger

My kids love Casper Babypants.
  • Options
    Purple_PillsPurple_Pills Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,819
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    KC and the Sunshine Band. A company I worked for hired them to play at the annual Christmas party one year.
  • Options
    El_KEl_K Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,100
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Name Dropper
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Blind Melon played a free show at RCKCNDY just before they released their debut album.
    KISW Pain in the Grass concerts at the Mural Amphitheater were great. Sweet Water was probably the best I saw. Every Friday night.
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,107
    Founders Club
    edited December 2020
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,443
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Woodstock turned into a free concert
  • Options
    dfleadflea Member Posts: 7,221
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    El_K said:

Blind Melon played a free show at RCKCNDY just before they released their debut album.
    KISW Pain in the Grass concerts at the Mural Amphitheater were great. Sweet Water was probably the best I saw. Every Friday night.

I thought they'd be huge. I was thinking at the time that they'd give PJ a run for their money.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YudWxJqHvFc
  • Options
    Founders Club
    Also... Trolls Cottage 2009

And it wasn't free, but I did see Alice in Chains at the Redmond VFW for $5.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    Doogles said:

This is a great song. Pretty much the vibe of the scene I was describing.
    Just added this to my iPod. Thx