Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Attention Jimmy Lake and Jen Cohen

DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,500 Founders Club
edited December 2020 in Hardcore Husky Board

Comments

• YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 35,019 Founders Club
    Time to take SC off Mt Rushmore. They can’t swing the big dick like this.
  • TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,825

I really hope I'm wrong but part of me thinks Jimmy Lake and staff saw the covid thing as a way to get an early paid vacation

You’re wrong
  • YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 35,019 Founders Club

I really hope I'm wrong but part of me thinks Jimmy Lake and staff saw the covid thing as a way to get an early paid vacation

Yeah I’m sure Jimmy would totally pass up an easy chance at house money in Year 1.
  • TheRoarOfTheCrowdTheRoarOfTheCrowd Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,688 Founders Club
    stanford could see their dilemna in advance so they moved their team for i think 10 days to be able to play. i don't know our details so it isn't fair to say it but it feels like like they didn't do everything they could have to play.

Maybe that was the right thing but it seems clear that other teams made other decisions as they faced a similar dilemma.
  • LebamDawgLebamDawg Member Posts: 8,667 Standard Supporter
    edited December 2020
    I saw 2 minutes of the game v Texas, they didn't look to serious two me

yes I had to edit this
  • Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,860
    LebamDawg said:

I saw 2 minutes of the game v Texas, they didn't look to serious two me

yes I had to edit this
    Well that's because their 49 players suck.
  • DodgyBlokeDodgyBloke Member Posts: 957
    if my math is correct you need 11 for offense and 11 for defense worst case scenario so what the fuck you worried about more than 53 man roster get the fuck in the game. You'll lose but get the fuck in the game
  • UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 15,436 Swaye's Wigwam
    Jen and Jimmy don't give a fuck. Hth.
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,500 Founders Club
    This is just embarrassing for Washington. Fucking embarrassing.
  • HuskyJWHuskyJW Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,344 Swaye's Wigwam
  • 1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,539 Swaye's Wigwam
    I think the Colorado game and their roster numbers phrase the debate in an excellent way:

What's better for the UW football program as an end to the season?
    1.) Ending the season by getting embarrassingly smoked two or three times in a row (starting with Stanford).
    2.) Getting the 'rona, hanging the North banner, passing off the conference title to hated rival. w/respect.

I don't think there is a third option here. If the numbers weren't just a total lie, UW would have looked like Colorado. Could have looked even worse. UW's defense, for instance, consists of about four or five NFL starters and then a massive cliff to the rest. Could you imagine UW lining up against Oregon or USC without, for instance, Ulofoshio? Or playing 60 minutes with an OLB pairing of true freshmen Smalls and McDonald?

So--I'm legit asking--what is better here for the program? Pussing out and hanging a pathetic, meaningless banner but gifting conference champ bragging rights to Oregon or getting absolutely buttfucked by USC but in the process denying Oregon a chance to play? For as pissed off as everyone is, I don't see either as a particularly appealing choice.
  • haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 21,552 Swaye's Wigwam

I think the Colorado game and their roster numbers phrase the debate in an excellent way:

1.) Ending the season by getting embarrassingly smoked two or three times in a row (starting with Stanford).
    2.) Getting the 'rona, hanging the North banner, passing off the conference title to hated rival. w/respect.

I don't think there is a third option here. If the numbers weren't just a total lie, UW would have looked like Colorado. Could have looked even worse. UW's defense, for instance, consists of about four or five NFL starters and then a massive cliff to the rest. Could you imagine UW lining up against Oregon or USC without, for instance, Ulofoshio? Or playing 60 minutes with an OLB pairing of true freshmen Smalls and McDonald?

So--I'm legit asking--what is better here for the program? Pussing out and hanging a pathetic, meaningless banner but gifting conference champ bragging rights to Oregon or getting absolutely buttfucked by USC but in the process denying Oregon a chance to play? For as pissed off as everyone is, I don't see either as a particularly appealing choice.

Much better to stay in people's minds, stay in the minds of people from whom you'll be begging for ticket/donation money next year, announce how depleted you are, and play every game you can.

Especially the pac 12 Championship game.

Fuck good sportsmanship.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,641 Founders Club
    Players want to play
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,641 Founders Club
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,500 Founders Club

That assumes as fact that we would have lost in embarrassing fashion, and you don't know that. Many X factors. And how do you know that USC wouldn't have been hit with something similar and entered the game short-handed? So the way you framed the question makes it meaningless to answer.