Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

The perseverance of Steve Sarkisian. How this coach and former BYU quarterback fought his way back

Comments

• rodmansragerodmansrage Member Posts: 6,197
    A few short years ago, Sarkisian was deemed unfit to lead a football program

theres no fucking way id let him run a program, im sure he's a great OC (like lane, daboll, etc) but that's his peak.
  • thechatchthechatch Member Posts: 6,055
    Sark would have to take Auburn to the NC game to do as well as Gus did at Auburn. I don’t see it.

Gus got fired for being a weirdo with a crazy AF wife that boosters couldn’t stand almost as much as he got fired for losing.

It’s a moot point, though. Sark May like being a high profile OC at Bama with access to T-town sorority row more than he’d like round two of a high pressure big chair scenario.
  • Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 23,589 Founders Club
    He ought to apply at Arizona.

If he controls the alcoholism, stays away from OC co-eds, and goes 8-4 a couple times, it's jerb security
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    thechatch said:

Sark would have to take Auburn to the NC game to do as well as Gus did at Auburn. I don’t see it.

Gus got fired for being a weirdo with a crazy AF wife that boosters couldn’t stand almost as much as he got fired for losing.

It’s a moot point, though. Sark May like being a high profile OC at Bama with access to T-town sorority row more than he’d like round two of a high pressure big chair scenario.

I doubt it, but he’s already getting $2.5 million and will get another raise if he stays at Alabama. It’s going to take a lot of money to get him out. He’s not leaving for anything by a job like Auburn or another high profile gig.
  • Kingdome_UrinalsKingdome_Urinals Member Posts: 2,723
    If Sark had ever built anything by himself I think he'd be a legit candidate for a high-profile job.

But imagine this guy's life if he never knew Pete Carroll. He had a good but not stellar reputation from coaching PC-curated talent and being OC at USC, became an average coach at UW, and then, just because he was average and once worked for PC got the SC job.

So what if he's sober? Maybe drinking made him better than he actually was. It's funny that people think because he's not drinking he would de facto be better at coaching football.

He would get creamed at Auburn IMO, trying to set up his schemes without PC or Saban closing kids for him.
  • dtddtd Member Posts: 4,539 Standard Supporter
    I kinda feel like Stalin should spend some time in the gulag once in a while. I dunno, could be the pinot grigio talking.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123

If Sark had ever built anything by himself I think he'd be a legit candidate for a high-profile job.

But imagine this guy's life if he never knew Pete Carroll. He had a good but not stellar reputation from coaching PC-curated talent and being OC at USC, became an average coach at UW, and then, just because he was average and once worked for PC got the SC job.

So what if he's sober? Maybe drinking made him better than he actually was. It's funny that people think because he's not drinking he would de facto be better at coaching football.

He would get creamed at Auburn IMO, trying to set up his schemes without PC or Saban closing kids for him.

You think getting drunk makes someone work harder, recruit, scheme, and perform duties at a higher level? It doesn’t.

He probably will have the same problems the next time he’s a coach, but he’s going to pull in too QB’s and WR’s after his recent success.
  • creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 23,009

This is precisely what I always think about whenever anyone mentions his name. He was at SC when Norm Chow was still calling the plays. Just like Holt when Pete was really running the defense.

He's pass happy and I don't see him ever building a physical balanced attack which is what still wins the big trophies in cfb. Even after being at Bamers. He's still got BYU QB DNA. When he calls the shots it will be Let it Rip!

I wouldn't hire him for anything.