Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

TSIO

Comments

• dtddtd Member Posts: 4,539 Standard Supporter
    Emoterman said:

Tequilla said:

Lots of ignorance on this thread ... we literally don’t have the ability to field a team

It is what it is

My heart bursts with the irony of Tequila calling out ignorance (and of course being fucking wrong).
  • TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,825

Tequilla said:

Lots of ignorance on this thread ... we literally don’t have the ability to field a team

It is what it is

How do you know we don't have the ability to field a team 11 days from now? (Alamo Bowl 12/29.)

Even applying the ridiculous 14 day quarantine which has no basis in science generally let alone when you are testing everyone daily and quarantining at first positive test or sign of symptoms- how are we giving up now for a bowl 11 days away?

But the real issue is Jimmy and Jen should have been pushing back in the media against King County and the conference months ago. Never happened. Not a peep was heard. Again- should have pushed back regarding rescheduling the championship game or calling it something other than a championship game. Not a peep was heard.

We just gladly submit to the boot as it stomps on our program.
    How can I say what I say? Because I have connections on the matter that you don’t have. And yeah ... I’m going there on this one.

You could argue that the timelines and whatnot could or should be adjusted but that’s not happening on the West Coast.

So even IF we would have been able to get enough bodies cleared there wouldn’t have been time to get back to normal with how long everything has been shit down.

Considering that the timelines for the bowls would have been tight at best the best course of action was to pack it up. Worst thing would be to cancel the bowl game or show up with such a skeleton squad that the game would be a joke.

The decision wasn’t because the team didn’t want to play, or because of upper campus or anything like that. It’s because we are in a pandemic and shit happens.

Do you really think that anybody on Montlake wanted the outcome of tonight to happen? Giving Oregon free juice to use the next 9 months is a worst case scenario.
  • FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,744
    Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

It is what it is

How do you know we don't have the ability to field a team 11 days from now? (Alamo Bowl 12/29.)

Even applying the ridiculous 14 day quarantine which has no basis in science generally let alone when you are testing everyone daily and quarantining at first positive test or sign of symptoms- how are we giving up now for a bowl 11 days away?

But the real issue is Jimmy and Jen should have been pushing back in the media against King County and the conference months ago. Never happened. Not a peep was heard. Again- should have pushed back regarding rescheduling the championship game or calling it something other than a championship game. Not a peep was heard.

How can I say what I say? Because I have connections on the matter that you don’t have. And yeah ... I’m going there on this one.

You could argue that the timelines and whatnot could or should be adjusted but that’s not happening on the West Coast.

So even IF we would have been able to get enough bodies cleared there wouldn’t have been time to get back to normal with how long everything has been shit down.

Considering that the timelines for the bowls would have been tight at best the best course of action was to pack it up. Worst thing would be to cancel the bowl game or show up with such a skeleton squad that the game would be a joke.

The decision wasn’t because the team didn’t want to play, or because of upper campus or anything like that. It’s because we are in a pandemic and shit happens.

Do you really think that anybody on Montlake wanted the outcome of tonight to happen? Giving Oregon free juice to use the next 9 months is a worst case scenario.
    Fuck off with your connections you were proven wrong almost immediately after posting by actual information from a real reporter.

Now you’re backtracking and claiming to have been right all along.

And yet you’re still wrong because not trying to play at all is worse than trying to play and not being able to be at your best.

Nobody has said anybody wanted this result that is absurd. But they passively let it occur.
  • EmotermanEmoterman Member Posts: 3,333
    Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

It is what it is

How many positive tests have there been, Mr Connections?
    Emoterman said:

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

It is what it is

I would never ask those questions because it’s a HIPAA violation to disclose that information

You can see the uptick in positive tests this week in UW related data

You can do the math on the contact tracing

Best case scenario with math probably gives a matter of days to get ready ... just not realistic

It sucks ... there’s no way around it

It’s probably a fair assertion that if you have lowered standards on the contact tracing you have a better chance. But that’s not shit UW controls ... so that is what it is.

No matter what people here think it’s irresponsible to effectively shut the program down for the better part of a month and show up to play a game with an undetermined roster, few at best practices to prepare, etc.

Anybody that thinks we should be doing that is ignorant

• dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

It is what it is

Do you really think that anybody on Montlake wanted the outcome of tonight to happen?
    Giving Oregon free juice to use the next 9 months is a worst case scenario.
    Well as long as they didn't *want* it to happen...

I don't for a minute believe they did everything possible to prevent it from happening. And that's the problem.

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

It is what it is

Fuck off with your connections you were proven wrong almost immediately after posting by actual information from a real reporter.

And yet you’re still wrong because not trying to play at all is worse than trying to play and not being able to be at your best.

Nobody has said anybody wanted this result that is absurd. But they passively let it occur.
    From what I’ve heard nobody passively let anything happen

It’s really simple math at this point

What motivation does UW have for not playing if they could field any kind of reasonable roster?

Use some fucking logic
    dnc said:

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

It is what it is

Do you really think that anybody on Montlake wanted the outcome of tonight to happen?

I don't for a minute believe they did everything possible to prevent it from happening. And that's the problem.
    And what more would you have wanted them to do?

Unless you think they are lying about having ZERO OL available (and they aren’t) ... what would you have liked for them to have done?

It’s highly ignorant to think that there hadn’t been significant work done to be able to play as it was. I doubt anybody that is bitching knows anything about the work behind the scenes.
    Tequilla said:

Emoterman said:

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

It is what it is

I would never ask those questions because it’s a HIPAA violation to disclose that information

Best case scenario with math probably gives a matter of days to get ready ... just not realistic

It’s probably a fair assertion that if you have lowered standards on the contact tracing you have a better chance. But that’s not shit UW controls ... so that is what it is.

No matter what people here think it’s irresponsible to effectively shut the program down for the better part of a month and show up to play a game with an undetermined roster, few at best practices to prepare, etc.

No, the number of players with a diagnosis could not be a HIPAA violation.
    Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

It is what it is

What motivation does UW have for not playing if they could field any kind of reasonable roster?

Use some fucking logic
    It’s always easier to play it safe and not risk something difficult or unknown.

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

It is what it is

Use some fucking logic
    It’s always easier to play it safe and not risk something difficult or unknown.
    You think Tequila is a bag of hot farts? I declare a truce.

Tequilla said:

dnc said:

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

It is what it is

Unless you think they are lying about having ZERO OL available (and they aren’t) ... what would you have liked for them to have done?

It’s highly ignorant to think that there hadn’t been significant work done to be able to play as it was. I doubt anybody that is bitching knows anything about the work behind the scenes.
    Convince the conference to push the game back to Sunday so you could get your guys in there. Convince the county to make an exception on contact tracing. Go scorched earth publicly against both if they aren't willing to help until they are willing to reconsider.

Play DL at OL.

Play walk ons.

Show some damn fire and passion and pride at some level.

Seriously anything would have been better than casually stepping aside, offering Oregon your spot and declaring them the conference champions if they win.
  • GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,491 Standard Supporter
    Scott fucking Frost made a stink about not playing on Sept. 15. Ourº guysm didn't say a thing.
    dnc said:

Tequilla said:

dnc said:

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

It is what it is

Convince the conference to push the game back to Sunday so you could get your guys in there. Convince the county to make an exception on contact tracing. Go scorched earth publicly against both if they aren't willing to help until they are willing to reconsider.

Play DL at OL.

Play walk ons.

Seriously anything would have been better than casually stepping aside, offering Oregon your spot and declaring them the conference champions if they win.
    Play QBs on special teams?

Too soon?
    dnc said:

Tequilla said:

dnc said:

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

It is what it is

Play DL at OL.

Play walk ons.

I'd have thought the state's highest paid employee could draw some water, in a plan to help shore up the value of the state's most expensive speculative investment (Husky Stadium), but, apparently I'd be ignorant to think that.

Tequilla said:

Emoterman said:

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

It is what it is

Would never ask names or numbers ... it’s not really important anyway
    Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Emoterman said:

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

It is what it is

Would never ask names or numbers ... it’s not really important anyway

• GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,491 Standard Supporter
    The conference didn't want to play, and neither did Washington. /season.

The conference didn't want to play, and neither did Washington. /season.

Simple fact.

Nuff said.

End of discussion.