Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Running Tally of Jimmy Lake Overpromising and Underdelivering

Comments

• QuietcowskeeQuietcowskee Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,294 Swaye's Wigwam
    To me the what if isn’t if Pete stayed for this year but if Lake had taken over after the #myrapp rose bowel.

What would the record have been last year with a Jimmy coached team? 11-2?
  • LB_33LB_33 Member Posts: 323

To me the what if isn’t if Pete stayed for this year but if Lake had taken over after the #myrapp rose bowel.

What would the record have been last year with a Jimmy coached team? 11-2?

what if he went full doba doba and went 2-11
  • HouhuskyHouhusky Member Posts: 5,537

Blaming Jimmy for anything virus related is FS. He can’t control every aspect of the player’s lives and even if he could, people are still getting covid and the contact tracing bullshit is ridiculous.

Wait? There are people blaming Jimmy for the team getting the virus???

I’ve seen people criticize him/the program for pretending they were actually doing anything better than other programs

I’ve criticized him for not atleast putting forward the image of wanting to play in both the CCG and a bowl game.

As I famously said after the Stanford game, once the vid was in the system it was going to run wild just like Stanford did against our defense.

They (he) should have been better prepared for the inevitable, they should have been ready to lobby the pac12 and bowl games to delay for a week while it ran through the system, they should have been consistently saying they will do everything they can to play as many games as possible....

Instead they did things like turn down Army, rolled over without a fight on the CCG, and the just closed it down when a bowl game could be weeks away.
  • bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 15,131
    Jimmy doesn't deserve blame for the virus. He does get some blame for running the team that was clearly the least organized in terms of overcoming a covid outbreak. Either the kids didn't really care enough about playing to take it seriously or the coaches weren't creative enough in finding ways around the regulations. The Stanford game was apparently nearly cancelled so thats when it started,, meaning the covid thing essentially took the team out of action for a month because they couldn't get it under control.
  • GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,491 Standard Supporter

Jimmy doesn't deserve blame for the virus. He does get some blame for running the team that was clearly the least organized in terms of overcoming a covid outbreak. Either the kids didn't really care enough about playing to take it seriously or the coaches weren't creative enough in finding ways around the regulations. The Stanford game was apparently nearly cancelled so thats when it started,, meaning the covid thing essentially took the team out of action for a month because they couldn't get it under control.

Huh? I'm good for shitting on Jimmy, don't get me wrong.
  • haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 21,612 Swaye's Wigwam

haie said:

Blaming Jimmy for anything virus related is FS. He can’t control every aspect of the player’s lives and even if he could, people are still getting covid and the contact tracing bullshit is ridiculous.

This. Fire Larry. Fire Jen.

The Jimmy is Sark stuff after 4 games and a North Championship is paste eating FS.

And I am probably more fed up with our defensive scheme than most here.
    I won’t call it sizzle but doogs love recruiting. Losing Egbuka and JTT sucks and shouldn’t be happening, but winning cures all. Just get it done. We should win the conference next year.

I hate recruiting because right now, we are supposed to have the top WR’s on the West Coast in Spiker and Osbourne, Julius Irving is a star at safety, Asa Turner is Kam Chancellor, Myles Murao is starting at center (he won’t next year either). A bunch of dooging over over blue chips when a good portion of those guys are overrated low 4 star guys.

We got higher rated players for our level up and we didn’t level up. Now the reason is because we retained assistant coaches and recruiting needed to be any better.

The goalposts and blame are always moving and really the reason we didn’t level up is because the coaching wasn’t as good as it needed to be and many of the higher rated recruits sucked.
    And our first couple of Pete classes were massively underrated. These weren't tryhards guys, many of them are getting significant PT in the NfL. Because they love football and love smacking people.

The highest rated lb in our conference is our walk on lb. The highest (or was) rated edge rusher was a low rated guy who imo is much better than Thibs.

I get what the tbsers are saying. Stack talent so your misses don't hurt you. You need a level of athleticism to compete with Bama. No doubt.

But there's always another dimension to football other than fat fucks evaluating high school kids.

Our coaches are good, maybe great at a lot of things. They need to get over themselves in some areas though.
  • CanadawgCanadawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,421 Swaye's Wigwam
    Houhusky said:

If Jimmy lake had any balls (or brains) he would have publicly been out in front of the UW pussying out of the bowl game and been on record saying they are excited and working on getting healthy again for the best bowl game possible in a few weeks.

81% chance Jimmy bent over for Jen and begged for the pegging in her office

He did on Wednesday on the Lake Show. He wanted to play
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,821 Founders Club
    Ryan Day led the B1G charge. He and Scott Frost took a lot of abuse

Paid off for Day
  • backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,854
    haie said:

The Jimmy is Sark stuff after 4 games and a North Championship is paste eating FS.

Best take ever.
  • backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,854
    edited December 2020
    haie said:

haie said:

I won’t call it sizzle but doogs love recruiting. Losing Egbuka and JTT sucks and shouldn’t be happening, but winning cures all. Just get it done. We should win the conference next year.

I hate recruiting because right now, we are supposed to have the top WR’s on the West Coast in Spiker and Osbourne, Julius Irving is a star at safety, Asa Turner is Kam Chancellor, Myles Murao is starting at center (he won’t next year either). A bunch of dooging over over blue chips when a good portion of those guys are overrated low 4 star guys.

We got higher rated players for our level up and we didn’t level up. Now the reason is because we retained assistant coaches and recruiting needed to be any better.

The goalposts and blame are always moving and really the reason we didn’t level up is because the coaching wasn’t as good as it needed to be and many of the higher rated recruits sucked.
    And our first couple of Pete classes were massively underrated. These weren't tryhards guys, many of them are getting significant PT in the NfL. Because they love football and love smacking people.

The highest rated lb in our conference is our walk on lb. The highest (or was) rated edge rusher was a low rated guy who imo is much better than Thibs.

I get what the tbsers are saying. Stack talent so your misses don't hurt you. You need a level of athleticism to compete with Bama. No doubt.

But there's always another dimension to football other than fat fucks evaluating high school kids.

Our coaches are good, maybe great at a lot of things. They need to get over themselves in some areas though.
    Fuck stars. Just get big and athletic kids. Most of those kids have stars though.
  • PoopPoop Member Posts: 7

haie said:

haie said:

Fuck stars. Just get big and athletic kids. Most of those kids have stars though.
    Do fags like Huffman and Biggins actually make the rankings for the "services" or do they hire people who actually know what they are doing?
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    Poop said:

haie said:

haie said:

Do fags like Huffman and Biggins actually make the rankings for the "services" or do they hire people who actually know what they are doing?
    They do the rankings for the West Coast recruits.
  • Kingdome_UrinalsKingdome_Urinals Member Posts: 2,723

Only one person is getting paid 3 million a year to manage and plan around these situations.

As long as USC, Oregon, Big 12, Big 10, ACC, and SEC divisional leaders are still playing, then Jimmy fucked up. Because his program is the only one finding a way not to play.

Simple standard.

• godawgstgodawgst Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,451 Founders Club

haie said:

We should win the conference next year.

Like the optomism, but that is a big leap for me based on what I saw and who's coming back.

Who's our TE (assuming Cade leaves),
    Who's our RB's that is the bell cow in a run the damn ball offense.
    Can our OL move the pile and can our DL get off people against the run
    Who's our ILB besides Eddie
    Who's our safeties that are good enough in run or pass support.

I would take Oregon, Stanford (lol that's not even a question) over us in the North, and
    anyone in the South not named Arizona is on par with us. Oregon State shouldn't be, but they will play us like they are.

For the 3rd time in 5 years our Conference away schedule couldn't be any easier if we were allowed to make it up ourselves (At Oregon State, Stanford, Arizona and Colorado) but this time we have the added kicker of also missing SC and Utah so if we can't win the North next year then we will never win it.
  • Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,862
    I always thought sumlin was black sark. But he's in a league of his own. Kind of a willingham sark mix.

Jimmy is black sark.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    edited December 2020
    godawgst said:

haie said:

We should win the conference next year.

Like the optomism, but that is a big leap for me based on what I saw and who's coming back.

Who's our TE (assuming Cade leaves),
    Who's our RB's that is the bell cow in a run the damn ball offense.
    Can our OL move the pile and can our DL get off people against the run
    Who's our ILB besides Eddie
    Who's our safeties that are good enough in run or pass support.

I would take Oregon, Stanford (lol that's not even a question) over us in the North, and
    anyone in the South not named Arizona is on par with us. Oregon State shouldn't be, but they will play us like they are.

For the 3rd time in 5 years our Conference away schedule couldn't be any easier if we were allowed to make it up ourselves (At Oregon State, Stanford, Arizona and Colorado) but this time we have the added kicker of also missing SC and Utah so if we can't win the North next year then we will never win it.
    We aren’t that bad, but I understand thinking we won’t win the conference. I would predict we don’t as well, but thats what Jimmy has to do. He sucks if he doesn’t.

Our whole team besides Molden is coming back.