Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Sam Huard is a Husky!

2»

Comments

• WilburHooksHandsWilburHooksHands Member Posts: 6,799
    dnc said:

dnc said:

If Morris had played poorly, we would be going thru another QB savior scenario. There would be a ton of pressure on Huard. Now, it’s good pressure and he has to be really good to beat out Morris. I don’t think he will.

I agree with everything but your last sentence.

Sam will be the starter by November at the latest unless Morris makes huge strides on deep ball accuracy. Sam is just too perfect of a fit for the offense Donovan wants to run. Nothing unstacks boxes like a QB who can throw the deep ball and that's Huard's greatest strength. Getting deep is probably the greatest strength of this WR corp as well.

But I completely agree it takes a lot of pressure and expectation off Huard to come be the man from day one which is very good. I expect Morris will be the opening day starter.
    As young Huard studies at the knee of the master, John Donovan.
    We can knock donovan for a lot and rightfully so, but hes done a far far better job of getting our QB to step up and throw
    It's true.

Hard to say how much is JD and how much is Morris with a sample that small, butt the sample is certainly promising.
    even just not coaching it out of morris is a win, but i remember seeing something about Donovan making the qb’s drill that every day
  • Kingdome_UrinalsKingdome_Urinals Member Posts: 2,723

I always thought Sam would start from day 1. But in light of the way things have gone, I wouldn’t be surprised anymore if he redshirts:

- Morris has done nothing but shown he’s a capable starter
    - Sam hasn’t played his Senior year and at this point I’m not sure if he will get to. So he’d be a long time removed from live snaps
    - I’ve heard multiple times that Damon wants him to redshirt, whether that is true or not I’m not sure, I’m not Sonics or BTP in regards to sources

With all that in mind, if Sam ends up starting it means he’s overcome all those hurdles and the talent is so good Jimmy can’t not start him. In that scenario, UW is set up for a great season because he’s that fucking good.

Wait, if he doesn't play his Sr. year he won't have four years of high school under his belt.
  • 1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,544 Swaye's Wigwam
    I have low expectations either way.

Been saying this already, but the dustbin of history is overflowing with high school quarterbacks who can lay a ball out there into a basketball hoop 55 yards downfield but shit their pants and choke when faced with a D1 pass rush and D1 defensive schemes, get beat out by the 3-star kid nobody wanted, and transfer to Fresno. Huard's arm at least gives him a high ceiling to hope for, but the floor is just as low as any other quarterback walking into the program.

As for Morris, everyone here loves a "gamer," so we're all JO to Morris' 4th quarter heroics. My opinion is we don't have shit at QB until Morris can start being a "gamer" in the first quarter. And hit the broadside of a barn downfield.

Let's just say there's a good possibility that Garbers is being dismissed by this board a little too soon, as we still haven't seen what he can do at this level either. It's a crapshoot at that position.
  • backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,852
    We are going to suck. It’s just how it’s always been. Starting to feel those 3 years were a blip on the radar. This school does not care about football.
  • GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,163

Listening to Sam's interview on KJR and Softy just asked if he there's no HS season this spring if he would consider delaying his enrollment so he could come back to Kennedy for the 2021-22 school year and play his senior season.

We're just the kind of loser program that would suffer from something so insanely absurd like this.
  • biak1biak1 Member Posts: 4,093
    Man fuck you Softy