Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Comments

• DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,594 Founders Club

If Morris had played poorly, we would be going thru another QB savior scenario. There would be a ton of pressure on Huard. Now, it’s good pressure and he has to be really good to beat out Morris. I don’t think he will.

Great point Roadie-san
  • TrojanSwordTrojanSword Member Posts: 545
    Kid looks legit. Only way he doesn't beat out Morris is if the kid red shirts otherwise Huard is starting no if ands or buts.
  • bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 15,130
    edited December 2020

If Morris had played poorly, we would be going thru another QB savior scenario. There would be a ton of pressure on Huard. Now, it’s good pressure and he has to be really good to beat out Morris. I don’t think he will.

I cant wait til next year when we're screaming for Jimmy to play the goddamn backup qb, regardless of who wins the starting job

If Huard wins the starting spot and struggles at all it will be "Haener lef a TD drive against North Dakota" x100000000
  • TheRoarOfTheCrowdTheRoarOfTheCrowd Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,697 Founders Club
    edited December 2020

I cant wait til next year when we're screaming for Jimmy to play the goddamn backup qb, regardless of who wins the starting job

If Huard wins the starting spot and struggles at all it will be "Haener lef a TD drive against North Dakota" x100000000
    And the inevitable discussion proclaiming that Sam is weighing his options and is about to hit the portal to go to tOSU.
  • BonedogBonedog Member Posts: 650
    He sucks until he doesn’t suck
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

dnc said:

I agree with everything but your last sentence.

Sam will be the starter by November at the latest unless Morris makes huge strides on deep ball accuracy. Sam is just too perfect of a fit for the offense Donovan wants to run. Nothing unstacks boxes like a QB who can throw the deep ball and that's Huard's greatest strength. Getting deep is probably the greatest strength of this WR corp as well.

But I completely agree it takes a lot of pressure and expectation off Huard to come be the man from day one which is very good. I expect Morris will be the opening day starter.
    As young Huard studies at the knee of the master, John Donovan.
    That's definitely a problem but Morris has the same coaching concerns
  • Kingdome_UrinalsKingdome_Urinals Member Posts: 2,723
    It's a good point. In a run-based scheme deep ball accuracy is very important. We have stallions at WR, and Sam throws the deep pass with unbelievable accuracy, giving WR's time to adjust and dropping in rainbows.

But I don't think you take out a gamer like Morris very easily. QB is a position where not fucking up is a supremely important requirement. All true frosh fuck up.

If he could run really well maybe he would be hard to keep off the field, but he's a pocket guy.

To the point about Sam starting by November, never underestimate a coach's desire to NOT play the backup guy just to avoid QB controversy, split locker rooms, etc.
  • thechatchthechatch Member Posts: 6,055
    Huard hasn’t taken a snap. I doubt he starts next year, and certainly not the day 1 starter.

It would show that Jimmy has some nuts and wants to play the long game, though.
  • creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 23,009

Great point Roadie-san
    Racist IMO
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

dnc said:

Sam will be the starter by November at the latest unless Morris makes huge strides on deep ball accuracy. Sam is just too perfect of a fit for the offense Donovan wants to run. Nothing unstacks boxes like a QB who can throw the deep ball and that's Huard's greatest strength. Getting deep is probably the greatest strength of this WR corp as well.

But I completely agree it takes a lot of pressure and expectation off Huard to come be the man from day one which is very good. I expect Morris will be the opening day starter.
    As young Huard studies at the knee of the master, John Donovan.
    We can knock donovan for a lot and rightfully so, but hes done a far far better job of getting our QB to step up and throw
    It's true.

Hard to say how much is JD and how much is Morris with a sample that small, butt the sample is certainly promising.
  • GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,163

dnc said:

ive watched this 100 times, i have absolutely zero concerns about his touch

https://youtu.be/Pc27zHi_4zM
    He throws that same beautiful moon ball that Russ has been showcasing. Even a WR corps full of Baccellias could catch those with regularity.