Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Comments

• GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,491 Standard Supporter

I'm sure there will be plenty of drama over this so I will just calmly say this is the likely the end if becomes law. I can't see a university taking this on when they don't have to. And they don't have to. If I were a regent I would say hell no. Not because its a horrible idea. I mean it sounds great in theory.

So did the playoffs to a lot of folks. We are about to improve the game out of existence.

If I want to watch pro football the NFL is the product.

I like getting rid of transfer restrictions by the way and think that could be done today

Race is right again.
  • TheRoarOfTheCrowdTheRoarOfTheCrowd Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,697 Founders Club
    edited December 2020
    Personally I don't see how this is any different than the geometrically greater cash flow that is generated by the research grants and contracts that actually do float the boat of many of the top universities in America.

1.5 Billion is received by UW at the present time each year in recent times and the university pays a relatively paltry sum to most of the participants and pockets the difference and no one is arguing that the university is required to revenue share the "profit proceeds" with the interested parties.

More political poppy cock thinking [if you can call it thinking at all] ~ a knee jerk third graders mentality to problem solving. The next thing that we will here is how we need to revenue share between schools to level the playing field, etc.
  • 1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,544 Swaye's Wigwam
    So will players at schools like the Cuog have to pay to play in order to cover their 50% of the budget shortfall?
  • Kingdome_UrinalsKingdome_Urinals Member Posts: 2,723
    Terrible bullshit idea at a time when most AD's are flat busted from corona. I'm a Bernie-style left-winger but I hope some Republicans can nuke this retarded legislation ASAP.
  • JoeyJoey Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 6,588 Founders Club
    Booker knows this is dangerous but he doesn’t care as long as he can buy votes till he dies