Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

PSA to the UW athletic department

Comments

• Options
    SonnyShackelfordSonnyShackelford Member Posts: 917
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
  • Options
    1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,327
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

jecornel said:

Let's hope Fremont Troll doesn't give the players a pep talk about continuing the season.

Fremont let's both support closing down shop?

I still want a bowl game, but the kids aren’t even sick and the covid bullshit is ridiculous. I would think one player or staff member from the MLB, NFL, and college sports would have a serious hospitalization or death if this disease was really that deadly. Not every single player is in great health and that is especially true for the staffs.

I get it, the protocols are what they are and the liability issue if something terrible happens, but it’s bullshit and everyone but covid bros that slurp up what they are told are buying it.

I believe the one player I saw that was barely reported on was Ryquel Armstead, 23, of the Jaguars who was hospitalized multiple times with serious conditions from COVID-19 and was ultimately ruled out of the season entirely back in October.

But that’s the only one I remember seeing.
    A number of high school coaches died. One coach at a small college. A couple high school football players.

Since the deaths are just peaking there will probably be more among staffs. Players should be fine due to age and health although myocarditis could cause long term health issues for some.
    You're an idiot, always have been. Not every thought that your two neurons manage to piece together deserves its own post.
    Disagree. Now if you want to talk about how @jecornel is responding to quoted posts by typing above the quote box, I’m open to that.
    I wasn't gonna say it, but I'm glad some hero stepped up.
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,749
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic

I still want a bowl game, but the kids aren’t even sick and the covid bullshit is ridiculous. I would think one player or staff member from the MLB, NFL, and college sports would have a serious hospitalization or death if this disease was really that deadly. Not every single player is in great health and that is especially true for the staffs.

I get it, the protocols are what they are and the liability issue if something terrible happens, but it’s bullshit and everyone but covid bros that slurp up what they are told are buying it.

I believe the one player I saw that was barely reported on was Ryquel Armstead, 23, of the Jaguars who was hospitalized multiple times with serious conditions from COVID-19 and was ultimately ruled out of the season entirely back in October.

A number of high school coaches died. One coach at a small college. A couple high school football players.

Since the deaths are just peaking there will probably be more among staffs. Players should be fine due to age and health although myocarditis could cause long term health issues for some.
    Al Blades Jr. has myocarditis. No idea if it was the COVID or something else.
  • Options
    jecornel said:

Thank you for the kind words Fremont.

jecornel said:

Let's hope Fremont Troll doesn't give the players a pep talk about continuing the season.

Fremont let's both support closing down shop?

You're an idiot, always have been. Not every thought that your two neurons manage to piece together deserves its own post.
    Both Freemont's post and Jimmy's response made me laff.
  • Options
    jecorneljecornel Member Posts: 9,619
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    Multiple clinics have said this to family members for re integration. Also doctors have told other family members the test is so unreliable to not bother with one.
    I don’t know what to tell you. This first hand feedback. There health conditions in the family so precautions are being taken.

jecornel said:

Let’s assume UW accepts a bowl game bid. But then the game is called into question because the opposing team has a breakout and is cancelled. Or a key player goes down with a season ending injury that spills into next year. Or the game is played outside in freezing or snowy conditions effectively wiping out a game in the dead of winter.

OR a UW player tests positive before the bowl game this cancelling it.

I suggest, close it down, get healthy and prepare for winter conditioning and spring practice.

Call me stupid but at this point what are benefits of continuing this farce.

Jimmy confirmed there has been no symptoms displayed by the impacted. In the real world you can’t get a test unless you display symptoms.

Right on cue here comes little jimmy with the terrible take that UW can use to discredit all reasonable opinions and convince themselves they did the right thing after all.

That is incorrect Little Jimmy Cornell.
  • Options
    1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,327
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    What are we arguing about?

My whole family was tested prior to traveling to see my in-laws. No symptoms. Just told three different doctors (mine, my beard's, and my kids') that we'd be spending time with seniors, and all three prescribed the test without a second thought. This was back in August.

I was tested again recently after I told my doctor my sinuses were a little plugged. Crossed my fingers, hoping for a positive. Two weeks off paid is two weeks off paid!...
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    edited December 2020
    Can you DM me, your doctor?

What are we arguing about?

My whole family was tested prior to traveling to see my in-laws. No symptoms. Just told three different doctors (mine, my beard's, and my kids') that we'd be spending time with seniors, and all three prescribed the test without a second thought. This was back in August.

I was tested again recently after I told my doctor my sinuses were a little plugged. Crossed my fingers, hoping for a positive. Two weeks off paid is two weeks off paid!...

• Options
    GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,147
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    jecornel said:

Multiple clinics have said this to family members for re integration. Also doctors have told other family members the test is so unreliable to not bother with one.
    I don’t know what to tell you. This first hand feedback. There health conditions in the family so precautions are being taken.

jecornel said:

Let’s assume UW accepts a bowl game bid. But then the game is called into question because the opposing team has a breakout and is cancelled. Or a key player goes down with a season ending injury that spills into next year. Or the game is played outside in freezing or snowy conditions effectively wiping out a game in the dead of winter.

I suggest, close it down, get healthy and prepare for winter conditioning and spring practice.

Jimmy confirmed there has been no symptoms displayed by the impacted. In the real world you can’t get a test unless you display symptoms.

Right on cue here comes little jimmy with the terrible take that UW can use to discredit all reasonable opinions and convince themselves they did the right thing after all.

Are you on a five month delay? This was true in the summer. Even then it was more of a "guideline". Now you can schedule a test with any rapid center or clinic, no prerequisites needed.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    edited December 2020
    Nope, this was about a week before Thanksgiving. And Albertson's has a test but wouldn't administer it to a person under 16. I doubt anyone wants these details. Hit me up offline if you want.
  • Options
    UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,320
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

jecornel said:

jecornel said:

Are you on a five month delay? This was true in the summer. Even then it was more of a "guideline". Now you can schedule a test with any rapid center or clinic, no prerequisites needed.
    This is also not 100% correct and depends on the clinic, insurance, etc.

I know bc we just went through all this bullshit yesterday for my wife. (Tested negative btw)

Most places won't give you a rapid unless you 1)have a referral for one or 2)are a first responder or something else medical

To get a referral for one you need to display symptoms, be "essential", or have been in contact with someone who tested positive.

Anyway, the point being ymmv depending on a number of factors such as region, provider, insurance, etc.
  • Options
    jecornel said:

jecornel said:

That's ok, because I do know what to tell you Jimmy: my kid flew home on the 9th, got tested on the 11th and got her results back on the 13th. Negative result.

I don't know that she told them anything.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    That's efficient. Glad to hear it and that it was a negative result. That's the way it should be.

jecornel said:

jecornel said:

That's ok, because I do know what to tell you Jimmy: my kid flew home on the 9th, got tested on the 11th and got her results back on the 13th. Negative result.

I don't know that she told them anything.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,781
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    They flew Nick Saban's test back to Bama. Flight tracker and everything

It just means more