Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

PSA to the UW athletic department

Comments

• Options
    Kingdome_UrinalsKingdome_Urinals Member Posts: 2,608
    First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes

jecornel said:

Do you really believe no one with Covid played in that game?

We had guys out against Stanford.

Don't care. Probably no confirmed positives or something. Stanford seems legit, played without problem the following week.
    Free pub for you @Kingdome_Urinals
    Yass queen.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    Jimmy needs his meds found
  • Options
    DoogCouricsDoogCourics Member Posts: 5,739
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

I still want a bowl game, but the kids aren’t even sick and the covid bullshit is ridiculous. I would think one player or staff member from the MLB, NFL, and college sports would have a serious hospitalization or death if this disease was really that deadly. Not every single player is in great health and that is especially true for the staffs.

I get it, the protocols are what they are and the liability issue if something terrible happens, but it’s bullshit and everyone but covid bros that slurp up what they are told are buying it.

I believe the one player I saw that was barely reported on was Ryquel Armstead, 23, of the Jaguars who was hospitalized multiple times with serious conditions from COVID-19 and was ultimately ruled out of the season entirely back in October.

But that’s the only one I remember seeing.
  • Options
    jecorneljecornel Member Posts: 9,611
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    For saying to just end the season now? And putting safety first. Okay, got it.
    Tequilla said:

• Options
    Standard Supporter
    There are inherent risks to playing football on top of playing during a pandemic.

I still want a bowl game, but the kids aren’t even sick and the covid bullshit is ridiculous. I would think one player or staff member from the MLB, NFL, and college sports would have a serious hospitalization or death if this disease was really that deadly. Not every single player is in great health and that is especially true for the staffs.

I get it, the protocols are what they are and the liability issue if something terrible happens, but it’s bullshit and everyone but covid bros that slurp up what they are told are buying it.

I believe the one player I saw that was barely reported on was Ryquel Armstead, 23, of the Jaguars who was hospitalized multiple times with serious conditions from COVID-19 and was ultimately ruled out of the season entirely back in October.

• Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    jecornel said:

For saying to just end the season now? And putting safety first. Okay, got it.

Tequilla said:

I was about 81% joking about your meds

Ultimately the decision to continue or not is tied to the team as a whole ... I suspect the players want to end their season on the field

Nobody reasonable should disagree with you on the mismanagement of this season by the P12
  • Options
    NoWarningJustDawgNoWarningJustDawg Member Posts: 1,000
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Standard Supporter

This sucks balls but why would you turn down the bowl game?

Let's invite 3 teams to each bowl game, so someone is available to step in for covid cancellations.

Y'all want a banner?

I want a "2020 ALAMO BOWL ALTERNATES" ring
    Looking at what is available, it appears:

Alamo vs Oklahoma/Iowa State loser
    Armed Forces vs shit-tier SEC, perhaps Miss State.
    Independence vs Army - hilariously Army accepted the bid well before our shitty league even started playing.

I guess that second one would be like ending the season with a Leach Apple Cup, which are always entertaining. Dec 31st; nice way to close out 2020.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    Let's hope Fremont Troll doesn't give the players a pep talk about continuing the season.

Fremont let's both support closing down shop?

A number of high school coaches died. One coach at a small college. A couple high school football players.

Since the deaths are just peaking there will probably be more among staffs. Players should be fine due to age and health although myocarditis could cause long term health issues for some.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    Totally agree Gatorz!

Jimmy and Jen's biggest blunders were not making a bigger stink about the Pac-12's tracing protocols earlier. I don't believe for a second that anything more than a small handful of players actually have covid. If that's the case then we're retards for completely different reasons.

But these obscene contact tracing rules were fucking ridiculous from the get-go. It was only a matter of time before we got burned by it, and it happened at the worst time.

This is the Pac-12's fuck-up, and Jimmy and Jen should have been blasting every outlet since August talking about what a dipshit conference we have. Instead they rolled over and our season is ending with the biggest thud imaginable.

• Options
    FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,717
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    jecornel said:

Let's hope Fremont Troll doesn't give the players a pep talk about continuing the season.

A number of high school coaches died. One coach at a small college. A couple high school football players.

Since the deaths are just peaking there will probably be more among staffs. Players should be fine due to age and health although myocarditis could cause long term health issues for some.
    You're an idiot, always have been. Not every thought that your two neurons manage to piece together deserves its own post.
  • Options
    UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,290
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Fuck this beta second rate program. Play the fucking puppy bowl for all it matters. Shit is dead and burned.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,607
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Playing Oklahoma interests me
  • Options
    ReignManReignMan Member Posts: 217
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Up Votes

Jimmy and Jen's biggest blunders were not making a bigger stink about the Pac-12's tracing protocols earlier. I don't believe for a second that anything more than a small handful of players actually have covid. If that's the case then we're retards for completely different reasons.

But these obscene contact tracing rules were fucking ridiculous from the get-go. It was only a matter of time before we got burned by it, and it happened at the worst time.

This is the Pac-12's fuck-up, and Jimmy and Jen should have been blasting every outlet since August talking about what a dipshit conference we have. Instead they rolled over and our season is ending with the biggest thud imaginable.

Can you imagine an SEC team backing out of a conference championship game. Jimmy Fucking Lake should be throwing chairs into Lake Washington and calling bullshit on this contact tracing. What a fucking pussy conference, no balls coach, shit Athletic director and an absolute moron for a commissioner.

• Options
    Standard Supporter
    Thank you for the kind words Fremont.

jecornel said:

You're an idiot, always have been. Not every thought that your two neurons manage to piece together deserves its own post.