Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Excuses are for losers

RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,261
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
Swaye's Wigwam
So here I go

We? couldn't have had a worse year for the in state bumper crop. Yes everyone faced the same issues and some thrived in recruiting and some didn't. Jimmy, Jenny, and the program and administration are ultimately responsible for the program both in reality and in perception. We are getting killed on perception thanks to the company we keep, the Pac 12. But then again the Pac 12 is responsible for its perception and UW is part of the Pac 12.

Right or wrong the Pac has come out of this year looking like the 6th best Power 5 conference both in attitude and results. No need to re fight the decisions that were made or weren't. It is entirely possible that the Pac did it right and it just didn't work out.

The killer in recruiting is that the B1G was almost the same as the Pac except that Ohio State demanded a shot at the title and got the league to play. Then big dicked the league to change the rules. Then took the 4 spot. That will appeal to some recruits.

Keep in mind that Sam Huard and the other guys we have are comfortable with the approach out here. There is no one size fits all.

There is plenty of time to fire Jimmy and the UW not being serious about football is now a 30 year old thing. If recruiting was all that under Pete then we have the players.

We did want him anyway and I really want JT because the line and stuff but things may not go our way. Should be used to that by now anyway

Comments

• Options
    mrdoogmrdoog Member Posts: 203
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Jimmy is the black Mark Helfrich. He won’t be gone till it’s too late.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,261
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    86 and 94 we? dominated the Bucks
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,464
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    mrdoog said:

Jimmy is the black Mark Helfrich. He won’t be gone till it’s too late.

Actually it looks like Sumlin was the black Helfrich.
  • Options
    DawgFaderDawgFader Member Posts: 1,414
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    haie said:

Regarding Emeka:

We pass about 10 times a game. Our receivers coach basically tells you you're going to block all game long or not play. Surprised we even got the guys we did last year.

They set themselves up for failure hard there. I would be kind of okay with that if we had a badass back like Jefferson, but we apparently don't. Also we seem to be better at passing anyways, so fuck us even more.

JT you fucking get on your hands and knees and woof in front of his house every fucking night and tell him both your football team and basketball team will feature and promote him and deliver starbucks cups to him every day.

All Jimmy had to do was pull guys like he was doing previously and pull that Stanford game out.

I think our coaches are arrogant and elitist and not wanting to compromise.

All our coaches are from the WAC. Last time I checked you want coaches from select schools in the SEC and B1G 10, OU or Clemson...that’s it.
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,464
    Swaye's Wigwam
    DawgFader said:

haie said:

Regarding Emeka:

We pass about 10 times a game. Our receivers coach basically tells you you're going to block all game long or not play. Surprised we even got the guys we did last year.

They set themselves up for failure hard there. I would be kind of okay with that if we had a badass back like Jefferson, but we apparently don't. Also we seem to be better at passing anyways, so fuck us even more.

JT you fucking get on your hands and knees and woof in front of his house every fucking night and tell him both your football team and basketball team will feature and promote him and deliver starbucks cups to him every day.

All Jimmy had to do was pull guys like he was doing previously and pull that Stanford game out.

All our coaches are from the WAC. Last time I checked you want coaches from select schools in the SEC and B1G 10, OU or Clemson...that’s it.
    They made it onto the national stage at Boise and here. It's reasonable to expect them to recruit and coach with the fat drunks roaming the SEC sidelines.

They seem too proud to sell like those coaches though (or the SEC sqwad down I-5).
  • Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,583
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    LB_33 said:

I never wanted Egbuka or JTT. Give me the chip on the shoulder feel-good story please. That will keep me on the couch New Years Day instead of fighting traffic in a Pasadena parking lot.

This reminds me something my high school football coach once told me. Never marry a hot chick. They'll either stay super hot and leave you, or get fat and think they're still hot. Marry a chubby woman who can cook and isn't afraid of getting down and dirty.

Needless to say, this coach eventually got fired for telling an inappropriate joke to the women's volleyball coach, so YMMV.
    This is the wisdom I come here for
  • Options
    DawgFaderDawgFader Member Posts: 1,414
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    haie said:

DawgFader said:

haie said:

Regarding Emeka:

They made it onto the national stage at Boise and here. It's reasonable to expect them to recruit and coach with the fat drunks roaming the SEC sidelines.

They seem too proud to sell like those coaches though (or the SEC sqwad down I-5).
    Except Petersens gone and Gregory’s and friends are not.

• Options
    1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,302
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I think the only one who's accurate in that thread is the OP, CouvDawgFan. Jared Barnard's shit is just excuses. ToddKahl... he's not entirely wrong but overstates his position. CLL is wrong about only Huard being good.

Right or wrong, good class or bad, shit recruiting effort or not, I can't see how it helps the staff in recruiting to be the fan base that publicly shits all over a team's incoming class. There's gotta be a way to hold the staff accountable without publicly calling the incoming recruits twash.
  • Options
    CanadawgCanadawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,056
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam

I think the only one who's accurate in that thread is the OP, CouvDawgFan. Jared Barnard's shit is just excuses. ToddKahl... he's not entirely wrong but overstates his position. CLL is wrong about only Huard being good.

Right or wrong, good class or bad, shit recruiting effort or not, I can't see how it helps the staff in recruiting to be the fan base that publicly shits all over a team's incoming class. There's gotta be a way to hold the staff accountable without publicly calling the incoming recruits twash.

We love our recruits we just want the other ones as well. If we got some high end recruits and didn't have room for others thats just how it goes
  • Options
    SourcesSources Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,803
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

I think @JaredBernardDawg6 disagrees.

Real fans like Todd Fekahl have a take as well. He’s a Dawg and you would have probably wanted DJ fired 2.

All you cry babies shut your mouth and let Jimmy do his job. You know nothing about these kids, their talents, families, etc. You only know them by a star rating. Coaches have more to do with a kids success then a few years playing HS football. All you guys would have fired DJ to

I TRUST the coaches
  • Options
    RatherBeBrewingRatherBeBrewing Member Posts: 1,557

@couvdawgfan has to be a poster here.

Oregon fans should have tweeted or yelled at more often at Helfrich’s staff, starting around 2013. They could scout really well. Offered very few scholarships, but some of the lower ranked guys they offered wound up being really good. They just didn’t close on them. Or recruit other guys hard enough. We weren’t happy with classes ranked 21st and then hit 27th. Most of us thought it would still be okay, because we trusted the coaches to scout and develop.