Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

The State of the State

RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,479 Founders Club
Since everyone knows that as South Dakota goes so goes the nation. Or this gal needs to be knee capped before she runs for President

12/11/2020

After yet another incredible year, South Dakota is entering 2021 in one of the strongest financial positions in the country. This is largely due to our strong economy, our approach to COVID, and our respect for freedom and personal responsibility.

Other states are facing much tougher financial situations. They’re planning to raise taxes. They’re borrowing billions of dollars to cover budget shortfalls. They’re looking to Congress to send them more money.

South Dakota is taking a different path. Our economy is strong. After peaking at 11% in April, South Dakota’s unemployment rate is back down to 3.6% in October, the third lowest in the country. But we must remain prudent and conservative moving forward. We cannot spend every dollar that we have. When we do invest in our state, we must invest wisely and strategically.

And for Bob

I’ll close with the wise words of President Calvin Coolidge: “I want the people of America to be able to work less for the government and more for themselves. I want them to have the rewards of their own industry. This is the chief meaning of freedom.”