Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

My new least favorite type of fan

2»

Comments

• RavennaDawgRavennaDawg Member Posts: 846
    Good guess.

25 was Warner's number at PSU, but it belonged to Don Dufek, I believe.

• allpurpleallgoldallpurpleallgold Member Posts: 8,771
    I thought Curt Warner played for the Rams?
  • WhiskeyDawgWhiskeyDawg Member Posts: 406

Who is Curt Warner? Like Kurt Warner, the Rams and Cardinals QB?

The dude with the Chevy dealership in The 'Couv.

• PurpleJPurpleJ Member Posts: 37,027 Founders Club
    My favorite 12s are the ones that don't even know that the term 12th man came from Texas A&M.
  • unfrozencavemanunfrozencaveman Member Posts: 2,303

How about people, who aren't on the bandwagon but who were actually fans 20 years ago calling out the bandwagon fans who just decoded to be seakhawk fans recently. Are they ok?

By they warm if you are recently on the bandwagon, DIAFF. I'm not letting you on.

^ This

• SteveInSheltonSteveInShelton Member Posts: 1,611

There's nothing really wrong with being a bandwagon fan. I am one with the Mariners. I follow the box scores, but I won't watch a game until they are near the top of the standings, and there are no other sporting options. I don't blame people for not wanting to watch the Seahawks during the end of Homgren's run, Mora's year, or the beginning of the Carroll era. They sucked, and were really boring to watch, similar to UW football for most of the past 13 years. I have wondered many times why I continue to watch both teams.

The problem are your aunt's, cousins, and co-workers who don't even know what a first down is that talk about how much they love the Seahawks. They make a facebook post about how Sherman is the best corner in the league when they probably couldn't even name another corner in the league. Bandwagon fans that have knowledge of the game are perfectly fine with me.

In this case, I would consider you a real fan of the Mariners. I think it's a good thing to not give money or ratings to an ownership group that obviously doesn't care about winning.
  • DardanusDardanus Member Posts: 2,623
    PurpleJ said:

My favorite 12s are the ones that don't even know that the term 12th man came from Texas A&M.

I think Iowa used it 10 years before A&M did, but the Aggies were the first to Trademark it.