Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Daily Dose of Schadenfreude: Misery Loves Company Edition

DoogCouricsDoogCourics Member Posts: 5,739
edited December 2020 in Hardcore Husky Board
At first, I was planning on either skipping the schadenfreude poast this week because well, we? sucked last weekend and if you wanted to wallow then you could just read the game thread or plethora of threads made thereafter.

But then I realized, I am a simple man and when I am feeling at my lowest, a solid dose of someone else's misery can make me feel better about my own pile of shit. Sometimes it just feels nice to know someone is just as low as you, or honestly, feeling even worse. And lucky for me, the CFB Gods decided to hear my desperate cries and provided me with three beautiful opportunities to feel better about myself and my team!

So with all that said, let's take a break from shitting on our own team and take a look at some of our foes shitting on theirs! We all need a respite from feeling sad for ourselves or being just plain pissed off. So the benevolent man that I am, here is my gift to you all.

First, Sco Ducks!!!!:

- MC is not an elite coach and I don’t believe our current QB is the QB of the future. Remember this is his 3rd year in the program. He does play with heart but I don’t believe he has the other intangibles to be a winner.

- I'm encouraged by the play of the defense. Shough just needs to get some more experience and the o line will get better the more they play. This is one of the youngest teams in college football. Next fall will be fun!

- Silver lining, we can hide behind all the the other big name teams that had a down year. We won’t get picked on too much by media. I do hope experience is gained and the pac 12 comes ready to prove something in 2021 season.

- The Oline is really not very good. CHL has the vision of Mr. Magoo. Shough, while talented doesn’t read the PRO very well. Defense looked better but Garbers is garbage. That is not a good Cal team but they were tonight. With that said we will beat the Dawgs next week. On the bright side Oregon’s two basketball teams look really good.

- Our D makes every QB we’ve played look good.

- Let me fix this for you, crush. In summary.......we suck.

- If Utah and USC win tonight, Ducks win PAC 12 North with a win over the Huskies. Maybe the Ducks aren’t playing their best but they still have the chance to win the PAC 12 North. As a Ducks fan that is what I am cheering for. Go Ducks !!!

- Not so fast guys. The Huskies might fake enough Covid cases tomorrow to win the North by virtue of 1 loss and still be "healthy" for the championship game.

- Please Texas- take MC and his culture. Tired of watching a bunch with no “care”.?

- I think what is so dissapointing in this loss for me is the fact that the team had all the motivation in the world to come out here and play with a fire under themselves. They lost in a bad way to OSU the week before but still controlled their own destiney. Then Washington lost and the door became wide open to win it out right and going away. And then they fell on their faces at Cal.

- They were given every opportunity to win this game and the best they could do was regurgitate it.
Once again this team came out cold. They killed themselves with fumbles, penalties and boneheaded decisions. The offensive line looked lost, Tyler Shough is regressing and just what is up at RB? I haven't been this disappointed since the Alamo Bowl debacle.

- There have been too many times under Cristobal that the team has come out flat, under prepared and laid an egg against inferior opponents. OSU and Cal this year, ASU last year, Arizona and WSU the year before. That’s all on the coaching.

- I see a team out coached out played in all phases to teams with 2 amd 3 stars They got their heads in the clouds Go get urban Meyer Shoot for the stars cuz cristibol can’t coach. You either can or can’t and he can’t.

- These coaches can recruit. But damn players are lost on the field.

- Great recruiters, mediocre coaches. Justin Herbert is the perfect example. Look at his success with good coaching.

- This is the youngest team in the FBS. Tons of talent, but should we be surprised that they are having some trouble this year, especially with such reduced time to practice over the past year, including the loss of most of spring ball?

- Congrats to mario. Worst coaching job in history. Shough has no business being in. This is truly a historically bad coaching job.

- Like I said last week. This team is overrated HOT GARBAGE.

- A historically embarrassing coaching job this year.

- I have zero faith in Cristobal’s coaching ability. World class recruiter, but he’s outsmarted every week on the field. I don’t think he’s a smart man.

- I expect the Huskies to flat out kill us.

- There a bunch of entitled little fans on here. These fair weather fans are the first ones to show all their new gear but hide it in the closet when they lose. Pretty sad and makes the oregon base look pathetic. How you react on here probably has more influence on recruits and their parents than you realize, but your bashing of players and coaches is more important. Im not happy with a loss but come on. Mistakes were made by players and coaches, if you don't think they know it, maybe you should tell them, also provide them your credentials and show how you could do better than them, but I'm sure you don't have what it takes to do that. There is a difference between venting and over the line bashing. If you are above supporting a team that loses, find out who will win the natty and cheer for them but jump off the bandwagon if they lose. Some of the "oregon fans" are beyond pathetic.

Comments

• RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,776 Founders Club
    I have zero faith in Cristobal’s coaching ability. World class recruiter, but he’s outsmarted every week on the field. I don’t think he’s a smart man.

• WilburHooksHandsWilburHooksHands Member Posts: 6,799
    STOP THE COUNT is a classic now
  • biak1biak1 Member Posts: 4,093
    It all feels so much flatter when you realize the huskies are a shitter team, too.
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,594 Founders Club

I have zero faith in Cristobal’s coaching ability. World class recruiter, but he’s outsmarted every week on the field. I don’t think he’s a smart man.

Cristobal is an ineloquent man in great pain
  • GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,163

- ...USC got to use us for a good scrimmage to bolster their chances for an undefeated season and a potential playoff spot. If they get there, and if they win it all, the prestige of our league is greatly enhanced. That will lead to more top-level recruits choosing PAC 12 schools--including us. Better talent on our roster will lead to more high-profile wins and will bring us better bowls. See? We may soon look back fondly on this beat down as a real step toward sustained WSU competitive greatness!

I'd say there's no way this isn't satire, but it's cuog we're talking about, so I'm inclined to believe it's real. And this is the greatest moral victory claim I've ever seen.