Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

How can Mr. Run The Damn Ball have a team come out so flat two weeks in a row?

2»

Comments

• Kingdome_UrinalsKingdome_Urinals Member Posts: 2,723
    Fucking Cal ran for 269 yards at over 6 per carry against Stanford last week. Oregon the same thing.

How the fuck does UW get stuffed by Stanford?

Just another abortion of a football game by UW's run offense and defense,

We? are the reverse image of what Jimmy wants the team to be.
  • Kingdome_UrinalsKingdome_Urinals Member Posts: 2,723

Coaches have to have a ton of belief in themselves and their system. IMO sometimes it is easier for us to see that changes need to be made than for the coaches to see/admit it..

If you insist on a bend don't break wait for mistakes defense against a power running and efficient passing team that rarely makes mistakes, you have to take them out of their game. An explosive UW offense (sorry Baze) would put pressure on the Tree to pass and score/risk more. NOT running into the teeth of the defense in stubborn fashion when all five OL are new or in new positions.

Add in the high amount of losses on the DL to draft/injury, and suddenly the problems at LB become glaring. Basically this is a very talented, flawed team with a few major holes that will keep them from being elite. Unfortunately stubborn coaches appears to be one of them. Eh, but I'm probably wrong; what do I know.

TL;dr - UW vs Tree is The Definition Of Insanity, basically...

If Pete was still the coach, we'd be sitting here right now blaming the lack of fight on Pete's constipated personality. But Lake's forte is supposed to be swagger and fire.
    I guess what I didn't make clear is IMO they're not flat. They're flawed. And frankly I think that is more damning than believing they are coming out flat.

So, no, I do not think "just play harder guys!" is the answer, and I rarely thought that about Petersen either. But we can agree to disagree, no biggie.
    I think it's both. In CFB teams play really inconsistently week to week all the time especially after emotional wins. Last year we beat USC then went to Stanford and got abborted.

UW also has talent deficiencies. You can run at ZTF and Smalls. You can also run right at Ulofoshio. Lacking great DT play UW can't stop shit against Stanford.

Stanford, even after practicing in a fucking park had the psychological and schematic edge.

• doogvilledoogville Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,197 Swaye's Wigwam

Coaches have to have a ton of belief in themselves and their system. IMO sometimes it is easier for us to see that changes need to be made than for the coaches to see/admit it..

If you insist on a bend don't break wait for mistakes defense against a power running and efficient passing team that rarely makes mistakes, you have to take them out of their game. An explosive UW offense (sorry Baze) would put pressure on the Tree to pass and score/risk more. NOT running into the teeth of the defense in stubborn fashion when all five OL are new or in new positions.

Add in the high amount of losses on the DL to draft/injury, and suddenly the problems at LB become glaring. Basically this is a very talented, flawed team with a few major holes that will keep them from being elite. Unfortunately stubborn coaches appears to be one of them. Eh, but I'm probably wrong; what do I know.

TL;dr - UW vs Tree is The Definition Of Insanity, basically...

Keep them from being elite, lol? This team is trying to move from embarrassing to average.

We have yet to play a team with a winning record. I can't even imagine the blood bath if we took on an actually elite team.