Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

The 12 decommits of Christmas

bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,900
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
Standard Supporter
edited December 2020 in Duck Refuge
On the 2nd decommit of Christmas, Coach Mario gave to me...

Comments

• Options
    RatherBeBrewingRatherBeBrewing Member Posts: 1,557
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    My last thought that I’m in titled to

Is this a suicide note? Or is the whole thing attempted murder of the English language?

On the bright side, no recruits arrested yet.

• Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,900
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    Third Decommit of Christmas incoming. One of their DE commits is flipping to UCLA. Educk residents are pretty convinced that it must be to make room for JTT
  • Options
    greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,278
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    Burkhalter looks to be the guy. It looks like it’s “mutual”. Did we really not want him anyway? When it’s mutual, that usually means the school took away the scholarship. I’m curious why, if that’s the case.
  • Options
    IPukeOregonGrellowIPukeOregonGrellow Member Posts: 2,183
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    edited December 2020

Burkhalter looks to be the guy. It looks like it’s “mutual”. Did we really not want him anyway? When it’s mutual, that usually means the school took away the scholarship. I’m curious why, if that’s the case.

I don't think it's rocket science. Crystalball has a hard count of 25 new couches he can hand out this year with no flexibility to post-date years. That includes people transferring in. We? were at 23. He almost lost Dev Williams to the Boovs last year because he didn't have a couch to give. Bringing in Brown and Happle this year year hamstrings him,.

He'll probably misses on JTT, but you still need room if you want to add Siaki Ika and whatever other grad transfers you need.
  • Options

I don't think it's rocket science. Crystalball has a hard count of 25 new couches he can hand out this year with no flexibility to post-date years. That includes people transferring in. We? were at 23. He almost lost Dev Williams to the Boovs last year because he didn't have a couch to give. Bringing in Brown and Happle this year year hamstrings him,.

He'll probably misses on JTT, but you still need room if you want to add Siaki Ika and whatever other grad transfers you need.
    Yeah, the 25 couches per year started getting enforced more strictly last year. If you sign a guy and add him to your roster and he fails to qualify or changes his mind you’re fucked out of that spot. Not just NLIs but fin-aid papers like Chris Steele had.

You used to be able to get creative with how you count them, but they closed that loophole. No one outside the program is even sure how many they have left of the 25.

Anyway, Buckhalter might be a WDWHA. I called it like a month ago. Jaylin Davies would be a big loss. Matavao wouldn’t be as bad, more of a PR loss - I like Terrence Ferguson more but I’m no Hudl expert. I just like our trend of getting TEs who don’t look like what their names make you think they would look like.
  • Options
    flatusflatus Member Posts: 877
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment First Anniversary
    Standard Supporter
  • Options
    ntxduckntxduck Member Posts: 5,515
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
  • Options
    ntxduck said:

Cool thread

In their defense, this is the first year the de-commits haven’t hit badly. There’s still time for someone to ask out of their NLI when/if there is an assistant coach change. But the more Cristobal gets this shit running the better his player acquisition looks.