Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Did playing Isaiah Stewart and Jaden McDaniels ruin player/team development?

Maybe this would be different if Naz Carter wasn't suspended... but I find myself asking if our lost season of 5-stars actually did far more harm than good?

Did playing Jaden McDaniels at the 2/3 stunt the development of Jamal Bey and RaeQuan Battle? What if they had started all last season instead... they'd surely be a lot further along right?

Did playing Isaiah Stewart and playing him 30+ minutes a game throw off the development of our backcourt by a whole year? Maybe BPJ doesn't transfer if he got to play last year? Maybe Nate Roberts is a much different/more confident player if he was the primary starter last season? Maybe we wouldn't be relying on Riley Sorn?

I'm looking at a Husky basketball team that feels like it has no identity.

Would this be different had we not started 2x one-and-doner's and the team would have had a year to gel instead?

2019 may have sucked (more) if we didn't have McDaniels and Stewart... but 2020 seems to be have negatively impacted by a bunch of guys being asked to all of a sudden contribute who took secondary and bench roles in favor of guys who didn't lead us to much success.

It seems none of these guys know how to step up and be leaders because they were asked to be role players before.

Idk... just my thoughts.

Comments

• PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,653
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    edited December 2020
    Hopkins sucks and McDaniels was a cancer.

Couple that with two assistants who came up via the head coach who was fired....fucking genius program management.

• dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    All that playing time has surely accelerated Hameir Wright's developed.

It's not the one and dones, its the shitty coaching.

hth
  • GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,147
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Yeah that's one theory. Or everyone associated with the program just sucks.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I think one and done's almost always harm program's that have shitty coaches. Hop is one of them. Everyone that says Hop simply sucks is correct.