Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Reefer madness

hardhathardhat Member Posts: 8,343
BREAKING: US House votes 228-164 to pass historic bill that would decriminalize cannabis and clear the way to erase nonviolent federal marijuana convictions; bill moves to US Senate.

I am in favor of this.

Comments

• PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 43,531 Standard Supporter
    hardhat said:

BREAKING: US House votes 228-164 to pass historic bill that would decriminalize cannabis and clear the way to erase nonviolent federal marijuana convictions; bill moves to US Senate.

I am in favor of this.

McConnell already said no-go from the Senate side.

• RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,479 Founders Club

hardhat said:

I am in favor of this.

McConnell already said no-go from the Senate side.

Wait until January
  • LebamDawgLebamDawg Member Posts: 8,664 Standard Supporter
    all the fun of going out and scoring some weed is now gone. remember when it was cheaper when the mafia ran it instead of the government.

I used to always have 4 -5 plants growing out in the yard or on the deck in planters. let a couple go to seed for the next year or two.

ah the good old days
  • WestlinnDuckWestlinnDuck Member Posts: 15,011 Standard Supporter
    In Oregon you can legally have four plants.
  • SledogSledog Member Posts: 33,097 Standard Supporter
    I'm not for this.
    Functionally, I don't see a lot of difference from booze and weed. For a lot of people the weed is better than being raging drunk. On the other hand lots of evidence that heavy weed usage makes some people paranoid and they then do paranoid things, like kill people. Weed isn't harmless for a many people.
  • hardhathardhat Member Posts: 8,343
    Sledog said:

I'm not for this.

I ask this respectfully, why not? There seem to be a lot of positive outcomes, but I will not assume, presume,or pass judgment.
  • LebamDawgLebamDawg Member Posts: 8,664 Standard Supporter
    The only reason government wants marywanna legal and all the off shoot products, not to mention approved growers is to tax the shit out of it.

and once government is involved, greasing someone's palm.

Decriminalize is all the government should do, and let everyone who wants to grow their own. Better for the user, but the user is not a concern of the government
    hardhat said:

Sledog said:

I'm not for this.

I ask this respectfully, why not? There seem to be a lot of positive outcomes, but I will not assume, presume,or pass judgment.
    The crime all around "legal" marijuana is staggering. If it's nationwide we really don't know what to expect. Millions more lazy hungry people aren't a good recipe though.
  • RubberfistRubberfist Member Posts: 1,373
    Sledog said:

hardhat said:

Sledog said:

I'm not for this.

The crime all around "legal" marijuana is staggering. If it's nationwide we really don't know what to expect. Millions more lazy hungry people aren't a good recipe though.
    Would be interested in seeing the data for the staggering crime around legal weed.
  • PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 43,531 Standard Supporter

Sledog said:

hardhat said:

Sledog said:

I'm not for this.

Would be interested in seeing the data for the staggering crime around legal weed.
    Most of it is financial based.

Establishing banking relationships in the cannabis industry is funky. Washington has it pretty well figured out but that is only in-state and through credit unions. The bigger national and regional banks won't touch cannabis operations in fear of the Feds.

What then ends up happening is most of the entities operate on a cash-basis - which leads to all sorts of shit. Employees being paid in cash, not reporting payroll taxes/wages, vendors getting paid in cash off the books. All sorts of shenanigans.

edited December 2020

Sledog said:

hardhat said:

Sledog said:

I'm not for this.

Establishing banking relationships in the cannabis industry is funky. Washington has it pretty well figured out but that is only in-state and through credit unions. The bigger national and regional banks won't touch cannabis operations in fear of the Feds.

What then ends up happening is most of the entities operate on a cash-basis - which leads to all sorts of shit. Employees being paid in cash, not reporting payroll taxes/wages, vendors getting paid in cash off the books. All sorts of shenanigans.

Lots of robberies, home invasions and really violent shenanigans too.
  • dfleadflea Member Posts: 7,228
    Mcconnell will fuck it all up because that's what that piece of shit does.

Sledog said:

hardhat said:

Sledog said:

I'm not for this.

81% of the shenanigans created by the prohibition itself.

• RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,479 Founders Club
    All cash business = money laundering opportunity

Sledog said:

Sledog said:

hardhat said:

Sledog said:

I'm not for this.

The cash causes that. If the banking was more accessible, it wouldn't be that big of an issue. Debit/credit cards make that problem go away in a second.

Instead operators have massive amounts of cash stashed around.

Yep. Dippers do that anyway. No one wants to pay taxes especially drug dealers. What can you grow at your house and sell by the gram for good money besides weed? Control will be difficult. Just because you make it legal doesn't mean the problems are gone.

Whatever is my stance. But boatloads of stoned lazy snowflakes made more useless and unable to pass any drug test anywhere doesn't make a great society.
    Sledog said:

Sledog said:

Sledog said:

hardhat said:

Sledog said:

I'm not for this.

The cash causes that. If the banking was more accessible, it wouldn't be that big of an issue. Debit/credit cards make that problem go away in a second.

Instead operators have massive amounts of cash stashed around.

Yep. Dippers do that anyway. No one wants to pay taxes especially drug dealers. What can you grow at your house and sell by the gram for good money besides weed? Control will be difficult. Just because you make it legal doesn't mean the problems are gone.

Whatever is my stance. But boatloads of stoned lazy snowflakes made more useless and unable to pass any drug test anywhere doesn't make a great society.
    The problem isn't legalized weed. It is a culture that accepts stoned lazy snowflakes as a part of a functioning part of society. I have no problem with people who use weed or alcohol as productive functioning citizens. If you need to steal to support your problem, then I have a problem.
  • HustlinOwlHustlinOwl Member Posts: 953
    Sledog said:

hardhat said:

Sledog said:

I'm not for this.

I agree with this somewhat. The crime part is ridiculous, but the lazy part I think is certainly real. Legalizing would likely reduce crime in general(not counting DWIs where someone smashes their car into something at 5mph). The lazy part I think is real. It is not a drug that drives ambition in general unless you want to be a pro Xbox/Play Station athlete.

The weed has never been my drug of choice, but I've been to the lawless and sinful states of Washington and Oregon a couple times.