Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

did the team quit on pete in the 2019 stanford game?

BaldwinIVBaldwinIV Member Posts: 797
First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
edited December 2020 in Hardcore Husky Board
what else can explain a willingham-esque performance from a team that had ran train on the conference 3 years in a row? seriously what the fuck happened that game? try and rewatch it, you'll swear they are point shaving

stanford was playing walk-ons and chemistry grad students at OL and worked us...

what was really going on? pete probably never had a team actually rebel or quit against him before

Comments

• Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,720
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    Thinking back to that team, my belief is that they had a lot of key pieces / seniors who were probably more focused on getting to the NFL than playing as a cohesive team (particularly on offense). I may be talking out my ass, but Eason, Fuller, Ahmed, Bryant, Adams, Opera and I'm sure I'm missing a few others all had stuff to prove as individuals and the clock was ticking for each of them.
  • Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,816
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    Pete always dropped games to scrubs for no reason, outside of 2016. 2019 just had multiple
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,811
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
  • Options
    Founders Club

BaldwinIV said:

what else can explain a willingham-esque performance from a team that had ran train on the conference 3 years in a row? seriously what the fuck happened that game? try and rewatch it, you'll swear they are point shaving

stanford was playing walk-ons and chemistry grad students at OL and worked us...

what was really going on? pete probably never had a team actually rebel or quit against him before

I was at the game. Sideline looked completely dead as if they were forced to be there. Worst game day experience since Owen for me
    Playing at Tree usually drains the life force from the DAWGS
  • Options
    Founders Club

Pete always dropped games to scrubs for no reason, outside of 2016. 2019 just had multiple

During the 2016- 18 run, Pete, only lost one game to "scrubs" - i.e., Cal in 2018. 2017 Stanford and ASU were both talented teams (at least according to the TBS feegs). 2019 was the year he lost the team and started dropping lots of games to scrubs.
    2017 Stanford and ASU both sucked and TBS is fucking meaningless
  • Options
    KidsInCagesDawgKidsInCagesDawg Member Posts: 333
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

BaldwinIV said:

I was at the game. Sideline looked completely dead as if they were forced to be there. Worst game day experience since Owen for me
    You obviously didn’t attend the 2010 Stanford game.
  • Options
    Edwin_BambinoEdwin_Bambino Member Posts: 2,943
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

BaldwinIV said:

Stanford easily has the worst game day experience / atmosphere of any major division one or professional sporting event I have ever been to. They make Cal look like a big time program. Christ the Bellevue De La Salle high school game I went to was more electric and had more fans than any game at Stanford Stadium I have ever been at.

The Old Pro is a good pregame sports bar but that’s about it.