Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Watching the replay of the game on tv right now

Is there any way we can replace Asa with Dom Hampton he bigger stronger and faster and probably won't shy away from contact.

Also can we replace Sirmon with Tafisi he looked good one special teams and should be rewarded to continuing the beat down of Covey on his big hit in the first quarter on the punt return.

Anyways in short can we get rid of the slow pussies and play some guys who could tighten up the defense a little bit more but all in all in Coach Pete I trust I guess whatever....

Anyone think WSU will beat USC this week if they play?

Comments

• RoadTripRoadTrip Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,162
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    No I don't think WSU will beat USC
  • DodgyBlokeDodgyBloke Member Posts: 957
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    FireCohen said:

Kyler should be taking someone’s minutes

If they are keeping Asa in for his length Kyler could easily replace that with speed and his 75in vert. Im wondering what they see in Asa if it that he just understands the Defense better or what.
  • AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,958
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes

FireCohen said:

If they are keeping Asa in for his length Kyler could easily replace that with speed and his 75in vert. Im wondering what they see in Asa if it that he just understands the Defense better or what.
    Agreed. There is no way our best 11 are playing. Gordon needs to play and likely he or molden needs to play safety. I have no idea if Hampton is worth anything but the safety play is underwhelming.

Between all the talent they allegedly recruited there has to be at least someone better sirmon to play next to ulofoshio.
    edited November 2020

FireCohen said:

Agreed. There is no way our best 11 are playing. Gordon needs to play and likely he or molden needs to play safety. I have no idea if Hampton is worth anything but the safety play is underwhelming.

Between all the talent they allegedly recruited there has to be at least someone better sirmon to play next to ulofoshio.

I want to vomit watching this what the fuck effort was this by Asa he should be heat seeking this bitch so he doesn’t want to run anymore.. He has the best angle of any of the defenders but some how Uli give better effort
  • Kingdome_UrinalsKingdome_Urinals Member Posts: 2,604
    First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes

Is there any way we can replace Asa with Dom Hampton he bigger stronger and faster and probably won't shy away from contact.

Also can we replace Sirmon with Tafisi he looked good one special teams and should be rewarded to continuing the beat down of Covey on his big hit in the first quarter on the punt return.

Anyways in short can we get rid of the slow pussies and play some guys who could tighten up the defense a little bit more but all in all in Coach Pete I trust I guess whatever....

Anyone think WSU will beat USC this week if they play?

Did you turn it off at halftime?
  • Let’s not forget Whittingham punting on fourth and short from inside UW’s 50 twice.

If Lake did that we’d be absolutely skewering him, especially the way Utah was consistently getting 3-4 yards/carry on the ground.

That 4th-and-short stop by Tuli and Taki and company made him go ultra-conservative thereafter. Seemed pretty weird to me, too. Not complaining, though...we? certainly came out better in the bargain.
  • dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,704
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam

Never seen a safety try to juke the ball carrier.

Saving himself for the draft. Watch him decline to play in the bowl game.
    Hip injury?
  • DawgDaze71DawgDaze71 Member Posts: 701
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Safety play has been downright disappointing this year.

I've seen Asa not wanting to mix it up in run support as well.
    Alex Cook got some good "feel good" stories written but hasn't done anything on the field.

At this point I'm hoping Jacobe Covington is ready next season. I don't mind Asa in the back end but we need a Strong Safety that drops the hammer.

Asa seems great in coverage and Ive seen him telling dudes where to line up

He is embarassing in run support. Rapp came in as a Frosh and was hitting Bo Scarborough fucking hard in the Peach Bowl. Asa would be in the emergency room if he attempted to tackle that man.

Im not saying you're wrong but I have also seen Asa get burnt multiple times by the OSU TE.. A TE that probably weights 30 more pounds than him.. Majority of OSU passing success came from targeting Asa unfortunately.
  • spudenspuden Member Posts: 353
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

FireCohen said:

I want to vomit watching this what the fuck effort was this by Asa he should be heat seeking this bitch so he doesn’t want to run anymore.. He has the best angle of any of the defenders but some how Uli give better effort
    Lol. Ulofoshio had to run around Asa to get to Bentley. His run support has been tentative at the point of contact. It does seem strange Gordon or someone else hasn’t been tried out there. But, at the end of the day Coach K has earned the benefit of the doubt, so the coaches must see something that they like. Also, the starting back end has been nails in pass coverage, so maybe it’s a trade-off they are willing to make.
    Maybe one of our RBs fucked him up during practice and he’s playing tentative in the run game
  • HouhuskyHouhusky Member Posts: 5,537
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

He is embarassing in run support. Rapp came in as a Frosh and was hitting Bo Scarborough fucking hard in the Peach Bowl. Asa would be in the emergency room if he attempted to tackle that man.

Im not saying you're wrong but I have also seen Asa get burnt multiple times by the OSU TE.. A TE that probably weights 30 more pounds than him.. Majority of OSU passing success came from targeting Asa unfortunately.
    There were atleast two times when Asa was in man coverage and he slipped while covering a crossing/slant route from the TE/slot. I think the TE dropped one of them that would have been an easy 20+ yard gain.

Asa is better at coverage than he is in run support, but that’s not saying much.
  • DoogCouricsDoogCourics Member Posts: 5,739
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

You’re spot on. I reported (I like to call my copypasta of UW journalists reporting) that Asa was teaching guys in Fall Camp and helping with alignments. He also stayed after the Arizona game to run Irvin and Kam Fab through drills.

Seems to me like he’s a high IQ player who knows what to do and can lead. He’s also freaky athletic. The coaches want that out there currently.

What needs to happen now is the next step in development: realize you’re bigger than everyone else that will get the ball and start lighting dudes up.

Will he get there? I don’t know, but I like the kid. EWIWBI.
  • vadawgvadawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 466
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Molden wasn’t any better on that play but...I do agree Asa is a puss.