Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

The botched field goal debacle

dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
Probably saved the game.

If we were only down by 1 on that final drive you know we would have pussy footed around to set up a field goal that Henry would have missed.

Having to score a TD was the only way.

Thank Allah for that fake FG bullshit.

Comments

• Kingdome_UrinalsKingdome_Urinals Member Posts: 2,723
    Interesting take, provocative.

Since each game is 33% of Jimmy's total body of work I was like, okay this guy is really a fucking idiot.

It was looking like we needed a program reset and DylMo was Ronnie Fouch.

But maybe the "aggressive in all three phases" is viable mindset?
  • HuskyJWHuskyJW Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,358 Swaye's Wigwam
    Jimmy Lake playing chess and everybody else playing checkers
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    HuskyJW said:

GOAT
  • UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 15,472 Swaye's Wigwam
    edited November 2020
    HuskyJW said:

3D 4D Chess!
  • I didn't see it as a terrible decision in the moment. If Utah had jumped, you get a first down. The difference between a 35 and a 40 yarder is negligible, not like 45 and 50. Henry should be automatic on anything inside 45, imho.
  • FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,744

I didn't see it as a terrible decision in the moment. If Utah had jumped, you get a first down. The difference between a 35 and a 40 yarder is negligible, not like 45 and 50. Henry should be automatic on anything inside 45, imho.

What are the odds of getting them to jump?

If that is really your plan then you call timeout right before the delay of game. Whatever “negligible” difference there is between a 35 and 40 yard fg is certainly greater than the value of one first half timeout.
  • coach_pete_JPGcoach_pete_JPG Member Posts: 1,218

I didn't see it as a terrible decision in the moment. If Utah had jumped, you get a first down. The difference between a 35 and a 40 yarder is negligible, not like 45 and 50. Henry should be automatic on anything inside 45, imho.

Never has and never will
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

If that is really your plan then you call timeout right before the delay of game. Whatever “negligible” difference there is between a 35 and 40 yard fg is certainly greater than the value of one first half timeout.
    The biggest issue is they didn’t try it until less than 5 seconds on the play clock to try, which was doomed from the start.
  • TommySQCTommySQC Member Posts: 5,813
    dnc said:

The biggest issue is they didn’t try it until less than 5 seconds on the play clock to try, which was doomed from the start.
    This. Allow enough time to get a TO before the 5 yard penalty.
  • AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 7,050 Standard Supporter
    For this kicker every 5 yards matter. Stupid play stupid decision. Somehow it seems bob Gregory was behind it. Everything he touches sucks. Jimmy is the head coach and gets the blame.
  • Doogles said:

I'm old enough to remember Pete calling the Dawgs off to set Henry up for a game winner against Oregon.

Every Yard matters in the college kicking game.
    You're not wrong. After last year, I was hoping Henry would continue to do well (and even improve). Meh.
  • SkipBoydSkipBoyd Member Posts: 403
    Losers always lose. (OTOH, winners sometimes lose, see: Apple Cup 1983)