Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Lake vs Pete

CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 28,708
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
Founders Club
Going back to 2017 look at the games we? lost under Pete when we were favorites: Stanford x2 ASU, Cal x2, Colorado.

In each of those games, UW got smacked around early but hung around. We? usually had a chance at the end of the D forces 1 more stop but it never happened. ASU is the most glaring example.

Last night was different. We got our shit pushed in the entire 1st half but came out and scored twice, stumbled on offense, scored again, stumbled on offense, stumbled on defense before forcing a turnover at our? end of the field, stumbled, fell flat on our? face but then the D forced a stop and gave the offense a chance.

Pete was probably 0-6 in those kinda games - I might be forgetting something. Meanwhile, Jimmy is 1-0.

Comments

• SourcesSources Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,793
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited November 2020

Going back to 2017 look at the games we? lost under Pete when we were favorites: Stanford x2 ASU, Cal x2, Colorado.

In each of those games, UW got smacked around early but hung around. We? usually had a chance at the end of the D forces 1 more stop but it never happened. ASU is the most glaring example.

Last night was different. We got our shit pushed in the entire 1st half but came out and scored twice, stumbled on offense, scored again, stumbled on offense, stumbled on defense before forcing a turnover at our? end of the field, stumbled, fell flat on our? face but then the D forced a stop and gave the offense a chance.

Pete was probably 0-6 in those kinda games - I might be forgetting something. Meanwhile, Jimmy is 1-0.

That and it sort of felt like all of the bowl games. We always got smacked early by teams (I can think of Oklahoma State, Alabama, Penn State, Ohio State, off the top of my head) and in all cases but Alabama nearly came back, yet limp dicked at the end. First time I can remember actually overcoming those big early deficits (not that Utah is any of those teams, don't twist).