Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

UW better start looking for another conference opponent next week

Stanford going to cancel the game. County under shutdown and requires 14 day quarantine if Stanford leaves. Due to shitty PAC 12 COVID rules, UW will, once again, fall more than 1.25 games from other North teams and will be ineligible....

Comments

• GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,491 Standard Supporter
    #DarkWinter

Meanwhile, Coastal Carolina is about to be 9-0 and has been playing since Sept. 12.
  • LawDawg1LawDawg1 Member Posts: 3,792
    edited November 2020

This is a good idea... for a conference and team serious about football.

So basically we are fucked because it isn’t and they aren’t. Instead, they’ll double down on PC and “let” ASU get first dibs on a cancellation so they can participate in 2020.
  • TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,825
    Stanford will likely shut down the season is my guess ...

USC likely won't be able to play next weekend (COVID tracing) ... even if they can it's really in the conference's best interest to find a way to make the USC vs Colorado game happen for obvious reasons ...

My guess is Apple Cup is next week
  • PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 25,605 Swaye's Wigwam
  • PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 43,690 Standard Supporter
  • chuckchuck Member, Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,950 Swaye's Wigwam

All of the breakouts around the country with all the cancellations, it really leads me to believe that Lake and his staff have done a great job of locking the team down. No players lost to Covid, no losses of practice or ability to play each week. Lake had the message of a singular focus on a conference championship and not losing eligibility because Covid got in the locker room.

Regardless of anyone’s feeling about the virus or procedures, that is a phenomenal job by Lake of getting buy in from his team and staying focused based on the rules,regulations, and environment surrounding this season.

I've thought the same thing. There's no way UW stays clean like it has without really focusing on it and every player showing a lot of discipline on their own time. It's pretty impressive really and I've noted it in my evaluation file for the staff.