Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

CJ Verdell

NorthwestFreshNorthwestFresh Member Posts: 7,972
5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
Something isn’t clicking for him right now. Lingering injury? Tentative?

Dye is playing hard and running angry. Maybe it’s time to work Sean Dollars in for a series once in a while if CJ struggles against Cal at the beginning of the game next week. He’s not the same back so far this fake season.

Comments

• Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,794
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    He doesn’t break tackles hth
  • Options
    NorthwestFreshNorthwestFresh Member Posts: 7,972
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker

One of the best things he’s known for is breaking tackles. Learn the game, then poast.
  • Options

One of the best things he’s known for is breaking tackles. Learn the game, then poast.
    Well he’s bad at it so...
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,741
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    edited November 2020
    Ahmed didn't exactly run behind bad lines and he went down when defenders breathed on his shoelaces ... and you know it Fudge. Surprised you're jumping into a RB eval thread. Verdell doesn't do that. Back to back 1,000 yard seasons would suggest he's at least pretty good.

I would say his most glaring weakness is that he's injury prone. He does what Ahmed wouldn't do: he runs hard into contact. Physical kid who appears to be built for it but isn't. He's been dinged and missed time every season so far. Happened against Beav. Just a matter of tim with that one.
  • Options
    He’s stiff as fuck creep. He has average at best wiggle and he’s small. It’s a lot easier to run behind Sewell and Lemeuix than it is Moore and a walk-on from Sheldon. Hope this helps!

Oh btw Ahmed is playing well as the starter for the dolphins.
  • Options

He’s stiff as fuck creep. He has average at best wiggle and he’s small. It’s a lot easier to run behind Sewell and Lemeuix than it is Moore and a walk-on from Sheldon. Hope this helps!

Oh btw Ahmed is playing well as the starter for the dolphins.

Doog take looking for a rationale for the answer you want. This just isn't a response. He ran w/o Sewell for half the season in 2018. Myles Gaskin ran behind a good O line, was small and lacked world class speed too. 1,000 yards x 2 = usually means pretty good. Drop the Ballz faux scout evaluations. None of that matters.

As for Ahmed, who is already missing his first game due to a soft shoulder (more to come w/o a doubt), I'd wait for more than this little data sample to write him in as an "I told you so" just yet. Miami has nobody to run the ball.

• Options
    He has been good creep. That OL in Miami is awful.
  • Options
    RatherBeBrewingRatherBeBrewing Member Posts: 1,557
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes

Ahmed didn't exactly run behind bad lines and he went down when defenders breathed on his shoelaces ... and you know it Fudge. Surprised you're jumping into a RB eval thread. Verdell doesn't do that. Back to back 1,000 yard seasons would suggest he's at least pretty good.

I would say his most glaring weakness is that he's injury prone. He does what Ahmed wouldn't do: he runs hard into contact. Physical kid who appears to be built for it but isn't. He's been dinged and missed time every season so far. Happened against Beav. Just a matter of tim with that one.

This is exactly it. Verdell runs hard and gets dinged up. They’ve run him up the middle like its going out of style. The he misses a half or is obviously not at his full speed. Tough sob, though. After UCLA truck bedded Oregon’s center and guards I think he got hurt again.

Verdell is as likely to give you 45 yards 3 YPC as he is to give you 180 on 11 YPC. I really thought he was turning a corner after the first two games, looked faster. The new offense is a good fit for him, in Chip Kelly’s he would have been a 1500 yard back easy. Not related, but they need to stop running Habibi Likio unless they need two yards or a TD. What are they hoping for, best case four yard gains?

I don’t know what BTP is talking about Verdell not breaking tackles. Accelerating through arm tackles and keeping his balance after getting hit are his best attributes. It’s the benefit of being built like a fire hydrant.

• Options

He has been good creep. That OL in Miami is awful.

Lolz. You always have an answer.

Again, read my post. Wait for a data sample. Otherwise I'm going to have to start preening around about DJ Dallas, which you'll not see me do.
  • Options
  • Options

This is exactly it. Verdell runs hard and gets dinged up. They’ve run him up the middle like its going out of style. The he misses a half or is obviously not at his full speed. Tough sob, though. After UCLA truck bedded Oregon’s center and guards I think he got hurt again.

Verdell is as likely to give you 45 yards 3 YPC as he is to give you 180 on 11 YPC. I really thought he was turning a corner after the first two games, looked faster. The new offense is a good fit for him, in Chip Kelly’s he would have been a 1500 yard back easy. Not related, but they need to stop running Habibi Likio unless they need two yards or a TD. What are they hoping for, best case four yard gains?

I don’t know what BTP is talking about Verdell not breaking tackles. Accelerating through arm tackles and keeping his balance after getting hit are his best attributes. It’s the benefit of being built like a fire hydrant.

Bad habit he learned from Ballz: identify the answer you want, and pretend break it down with scouting reports.

I mean, if Verdell isn't very fast and doesn't have wiggle (both of which I'd generally agree with, though he's not slow), then he's getting yards another somehow. I'm not sure anybody cares how. If he were wearing a W on his helmut, Fudgie and Co. would be blowing him.

He's probably not going to have any kind of a pro career. But that's beside the point.
  • Options

Bad habit he learned from Ballz: identify the answer you want, and pretend break it down with scouting reports.

I mean, if Verdell isn't very fast and doesn't have wiggle (both of which I'd generally agree with, though he's not slow), then he's getting yards another somehow. I'm not sure anybody cares how. If he were wearing a W on his helmut, Fudgie and Co. would be blowing him.

He's probably not going to have any kind of a pro career. But that's beside the point.
    Wrong. My disdain for Richard Newton is well known.
  • Options
    DJDuckDJDuck Member Posts: 5,970
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    edited November 2020
  • Options
    Like Bogart and Bergman in Casablanca........

CJ will always have Washington 😁

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nw_LwRqWkYQ
  • Options
    Lost to the beavlet btw
  • Options

Lost to the beavlet btw

That doesn’t support your inane post about CJ. All great running backs have lost plenty of games if you hadn’t noticed Einstein. 😂

• Options
    edited November 2020

Lost to the beavlet btw

Leave those responses to haie. He's better at it.

Your "contact" point just failed in the film room. There's half a dozen plays there the terrorist doesn't even consider engaging in, much less fighting through. You know it too.

Forget you ever knew Ballz. You're better than he was.
  • Options
    Lost to the Beavlet. Verdell got benched! Sad! He sucks!