Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Polls don't matter

RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,479 Founders Club
https://newsmax.com/politics/newsmax-recounts-voter-fraud-republicans/2020/11/26/id/998905/

More than two-thirds of the nation say it is fair for President Donald Trump to ask for a recount in key states, according to a new Newsmax/McLaughlin & Associates poll released Thursday.

Sixty-seven percent of likely voters backed Trump's recounts where the vote margins in his race with Joe Biden were 1% or closer, which applies to states like Georgia, Pennsylvania, Wisconsin, and Arizona.

Despite the close contests, 65% of Americans say the election will ultimately be decided honestly. But fully a third of all voters, 35%, said that there was significant fraud.

An overwhelming 90% approve of voter identification laws that make certain every vote cast in the election for president and Congress was cast by a legal citizen who was eligible to vote.
A similar majority of 88% say they approve of states requiring that all mail-in ballots have a matching signature with the person's voter registration.

"It appears that the election has not inspired hope," McLaughlin said

Comments

• LebamDawgLebamDawg Member Posts: 8,664 Standard Supporter
    if someone, somewhere could form a commission to look into a way to improve the voting process that would be good news. You know - get respected an ex-president and ex-Secretary of State on the commission... to make suggestions.

https://politicalbombshow.com/2020/11/21/2005-carter-baker-report-could-have-averted-problems-with-2020-voting/

that might restore trust in the elections
  • MelloDawgMelloDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 6,520 Swaye's Wigwam
    All for voter ID laws, but best of luck getting states to do so uniformly when they can’t get compliant with the Real ID Act that was passed in 2003. Mexico does it well, but there’s little chance red states go with a federal voter ID similar to theirs. It’s too “big government” for them.
  • Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 23,519 Founders Club
    MelloDawg said:

All for voter ID laws, but best of luck getting states to do so uniformly when they can’t get compliant with the Real ID Act that was passed in 2003. Mexico does it well, but there’s little chance red states go with a federal voter ID similar to theirs. It’s too “big government” for them.

Mexico is your example for election integrity?
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,479 Founders Club
    MelloDawg said:

Yep its the GOP that doesn't want voter ID

JFC
  • TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,876 Standard Supporter
    LebamDawg said:

if someone, somewhere could form a commission to look into a way to improve the voting process that would be good news. You know - get respected an ex-president and ex-Secretary of State on the commission... to make suggestions.

https://politicalbombshow.com/2020/11/21/2005-carter-baker-report-could-have-averted-problems-with-2020-voting/

There's no accountability with "commissions."

Great idea in theory. Suck dick in practice.
  • LebamDawgLebamDawg Member Posts: 8,664 Standard Supporter

LebamDawg said:

There's no accountability with "commissions."

Great idea in theory. Suck dick in practice.
    I only posted that because the commission's recommendations are exactly what all the pundits have argued about for the past 30 years of elections. If we? think the past 5 presidential elections have been shit wait for the next 5.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    I think anyone with common sense would agree that elections should be fair, but nothing is going to change. Biden is going to be president. Trump supporters hanging on to hope are like the doogs that thought Sark would lead us back to national prominence.
  • NorthwestFreshNorthwestFresh Member Posts: 7,972
    How about states who run elections mandating voters show their state ID? You want a federal mandate for a national ID card when it’s states who run elections and many blue states don’t require those IDs, so you blame GOP voters?

Stock to your downvotes, Leftist. Biden winning by isolated fraud in four Rat cities has you BidenBros scrambling, and your idiocy is being exposed at a rapid pace.

• TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,876 Standard Supporter
    edited November 2020
    Posted without comment.

Mine is to Inspire and Provoke.
  • PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 43,534 Standard Supporter
    edited November 2020

Posted without comment.

Mine is to Inspire and Provoke.

I laffed
    edited November 2020

MelloDawg said:

Mexico is your example for election integrity?
    No, but it’s Trump’s example of a country that uses voter ID, despite forgetting to mention it’s a federal version of it.
    edited November 2020

MelloDawg said:

JFC
    Not what I said. I said I think it’s unlikely a federal ID would be widely accepted by states’ righters in rural America. Secondly, no state is going to find a way to implement this in an expeditious manner.

Great idea? Sure. Practical anytime soon? No. But it’s great to say “I want voter ID and if you don’t want it immediately, you endorse fraud,” all the time knowing it’s logistically impossible to do it in a way each state endorses
  • NorthwestFreshNorthwestFresh Member Posts: 7,972
    MelloDawg said:

MelloDawg said:

JFC
    Not what I said. I said I think it’s unlikely a federal ID would be widely accepted by states’ righters in rural America. Secondly, no state is going to find a way to implement this in an expeditious manner.

Great idea? Sure. Practical anytime soon? No. But it’s great to say “I want voter ID and if you don’t want it immediately, you endorse fraud,” all the time knowing it’s logistically impossible to do it in a way each state endorses
    So many words and all I saw was BORING. Even your strawman was boring.

MelloDawg said:

MelloDawg said:

JFC

So many words and all I saw was BORING. Even your strawman was boring.

I did not say the word “boring.” You are imagining things.