Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Week 12 Games to Play vs the Odds

TheRoarOfTheCrowdTheRoarOfTheCrowd Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,563
5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
Founders Club
@RoadDawg55
So, let's collaborate a little here on football ~ maybe we can do some good this week.
We can have some success by being super selective and I will value your thoughts.

The early early line on Notre Dame vs North Carolina is listed at ND -3 which if
i can get some money down at that number on that looks super attractive to me.

The other thing is Michigan / Penn State again at Mich -3.5 looks interesting because
as you said, Penn St has quit... I did well with Iowa but that was an easy choice ~ Michigan
is not a team I like but Penn St is on a losing streak from hell.

Let me know if you see anything worth looking at.

Comments

• Options
    Founders Club
    edited November 2020
    Pittsburg -3 vs Baltimore at Pittsburg... I mean I know that Pittsburg will not go undefeated but still those are good odds. So I played Pittsburg and ND at the now active price of -4.5... don't feel like I can push my luck with Michigan, they are playing like looosers as well.
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,795
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    edited November 2020
    NFL Parlay: Seattle lay the points -5.5 , Chicago +8, Pittsburgh lay the points -3, and AZ lay the points -2.5
  • Options
    edited November 2020
    CFB parlay: Oregon State +13, Minnesota +21, Oklahoma -11.5, LSU + 13.5 and SJSU +11.5

If UW plays BYU I’m backing up the brinks truck.
  • Options
    Forgot to add Colorado +13.5
  • Options
    Founders Club
    edited November 2020

CFB parlay: Oregon State +13, Minnesota +21, Oklahoma -11.5, LSU + 13.5 and SJSU +11.5

Those are a bunch of large odds... think you are right about Colorado, not going to play it but I think its a good bet.
    Am REALLY curious what the odds WOULD be for UW / BYU... cant guess but am thinking the Dwags would be favored by 3 but on the other hand since BYU has a good win streak going and they are ranked maybe they would be favored.. I know that the odds makers would look at the game differently, but still their interest is in attracting the most money to the game and so the public perception will have a lot to do with the odds.
  • Options

Those are a bunch of large odds... think you are right about Colorado, not going to play it but I think its a good bet.
    Am REALLY curious what the odds WOULD be for UW / BYU... cant guess but am thinking the Dwags would be favored by 3 but on the other hand since BYU has a good win streak going and they are ranked maybe they would be favored.. I know that the odds makers would look at the game differently, but still their interest is in attracting the most money to the game and so the public perception will have a lot to do with the odds.
    I’m poor I do $20-$25 parlays for games that have longer odds, i think have decent chances of hitting. I’ve hit once this year for a 2.1k payout.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    edited November 2020
    that's great.. I like to play individual games...my thought about parlays is to keep them shorter [2-3 teams] if i do it at all [not frequently] and use what i think is proceeds from a lock game to pay for them. I've played a few 6 team parlays and hit one, but normally its 4 or 5 of six for a breakeven so there is that...

You are doing the exact opposite of what I am doing, but i do see the fun and potential profit behind your thought process.
  • Options
    Edwin_BambinoEdwin_Bambino Member Posts: 2,943
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

ND -3 is good. I’ll have to look at the lines and get back to you.

Yea that looks pretty tasty to me as well. I need to more research but my first inclination would be to hammer that and take ND.
  • Options

that's great.. my thought about parlays is to keep them shorter [2-3 teams] and use what i think is proceeds from a lock game to pay for them.
    I've played a few 6 team parlays and hit one, but normally its 4 or 5 of six for a breakeven so there is that...

Yeah i usually do 3-5 team parlays, I hit big on an NFL parlay earlier this year too. I just liked a lot of these lines, I do 6-7 team parlays once in awhile just depends on the board.