Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Your feel good story of the day

WestlinnDuckWestlinnDuck Member Posts: 15,012 Standard Supporter
Phuck those Hollywood virtue signaling fascists. Lockdowns and dem fear mongering are biting them in the ass.

http://ace.mu.nu/

"Wonder Woman 1984" Will be Released to HBO Max on the Same Day As Its (Obligatory) Release to Theaters;
Move May Mark The End of Movie Theaters

—Ace

It'll be released on Christmas, if you care.

This is big.

They're not going to make money on this releasing it "free" (well, free on a paid premium service) like this. They're not even going to get a bunch of new subscribers -- because a lot of them will just sign up for the free try-out period, and then quit.

This is a give-up. This is throwing in the towel on a $200 million movie.

This is admitting that theatrical exhibition is dead and it's not coming back to life.

I don't know if we'll ever see any real blockbusters ever again -- I don't think you can make enough money on these things renting them online for $20. Plus, the minute you rent them online, they're not easily piratable.

This might be big. This might be a major media domino tumbling over.

How great will it be if it turns out it was the Democrat Party's Pandemic Fascism that winds up destroying the media?

Comments

• hardhathardhat Member Posts: 8,343

Phuck those Hollywood virtue signaling fascists. Lockdowns and dem fear mongering are biting them in the ass.

http://ace.mu.nu/

"Wonder Woman 1984" Will be Released to HBO Max on the Same Day As Its (Obligatory) Release to Theaters;
    Move May Mark The End of Movie Theaters

—Ace

It'll be released on Christmas, if you care.

This is big.

They're not going to make money on this releasing it "free" (well, free on a paid premium service) like this. They're not even going to get a bunch of new subscribers -- because a lot of them will just sign up for the free try-out period, and then quit.

This is a give-up. This is throwing in the towel on a $200 million movie.

This is admitting that theatrical exhibition is dead and it's not coming back to life.

I don't know if we'll ever see any real blockbusters ever again -- I don't think you can make enough money on these things renting them online for $20. Plus, the minute you rent them online, they're not easily piratable.

This might be big. This might be a major media domino tumbling over.

How great will it be if it turns out it was the Democrat Party's Pandemic Fascism that winds up destroying the media?

NYT, CNN, and MSNBC sure needed Trump and the pandemic to become profitable. Not sure what will happen in the next 4 years if they become boring Biden syncophants. It will be interesting to see what happens to Fox News. The one thing the facists don't have control of yet is podcasts. There's good content there, for now...
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,479 Founders Club
    Some network prime time shows are showing back up

I'll just say that if you like your entertainment to be an escape from the daily scolding and hectoring of the left you might want to find some alternatives to watch
  • WestlinnDuckWestlinnDuck Member Posts: 15,012 Standard Supporter

Some network prime time shows are showing back up

I'll just say that if you like your entertainment to be an escape from the daily scolding and hectoring of the left you might want to find some alternatives to watch

Just finished Red Oaks on Amazon Prime. Really good.
  • GoduckiesGoduckies Member Posts: 6,211
    Been binge watching hell on wheels ... pretty good