Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

The California Governor's mansion is for sermon seekers

Comments

• dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

Sledog said:

dnc said:

Sledog said:

dnc said:

Sledog said:

I'm pro the government can fuck off and I'll go where I want, see who I want with as many people as I want!

I agree but this is kind of an interesting take for someone who gets paid by the government to tell other people what they can do.
    One swears to uphold the constitution. I did that and still do. HTH
    Sure.gif

You arrest citizens far more than governmental representatives and you know it.

I don't have a problem with what you do, but the "government can fuck off" talk is tuff guy bullshit coming from someone who has a real problem if a citizen wants to tell you or others representing the government like you by wearing the uniform you wear to fuck off.
    I had lots of people tell me to fuck off. I have thick skin. But if you had done something illegal it certainly reduced your chances of being let go if that was within my power to do so. Assholes don't prosper in those situations.

I arrested people for crimes. That's the work a cop does. I did not and never would follow any unconstitutional order. Misdemeanors and down are a police officers discretion and decision on what to do. Felonies are not. Few if any felonies fall into I won't go there territory. Lots of misdemeanor and lower stuff does. There were things I wouldn't enforce. I let lots of people go for things like weed, alcohol in public or traffic violations etc. It was my decision.

When I ran things I encouraged those under me to do the same. Cities can come up with some really stupid shitty laws.

I've told superiors to basically fuck off as well. One I did exactly that. I was close to retirement anyway but his idea was so stupid it actually could have gotten officers hurt and he was pretty insistent.

If you think the government can constitutionally tell you who can be in your home you are the problem.
    That's a good answer.
    agree
  • GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,147
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Sledog said:

dnc said:

Sledog said:

dnc said:

Sledog said:

I'm pro the government can fuck off and I'll go where I want, see who I want with as many people as I want!

I agree but this is kind of an interesting take for someone who gets paid by the government to tell other people what they can do.
    Sure.gif

I don't have a problem with what you do, but the "government can fuck off" talk is tuff guy bullshit coming from someone who has a real problem if a citizen wants to tell you or others representing the government like you by wearing the uniform you wear to fuck off.
    I arrested people for crimes. That's the work a cop does. I did not and never would follow any unconstitutional order.
    That's an ironic string of sentences considering that determining what is and isn't unconstitutional is explicitly not the work of law enforcement.
  • GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,480
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

Sledog said:

dnc said:

Sledog said:

dnc said:

Sledog said:

Sure.gif

I arrested people for crimes. That's the work a cop does. I did not and never would follow any unconstitutional order.
    That's an ironic string of sentences considering that determining what is and isn't unconstitutional is explicitly not the work of law enforcement.
    I think the point is, being told to go bust up a printing press would be an unconstitutional order and thus illegal to carry out.

In my opinion, through this recent policing debate, the legislative branch has gotten off far too easily. Myriad bullshit laws mean myriad bullshit probable cause.
  • SledogSledog Member Posts: 30,483

Sledog said:

dnc said:

Sledog said:

dnc said:

Sledog said:

Sure.gif

I call bullshit on that. It was indeed my job. I decided if I had probable cause to stop people, search and arrest every day. That is deciding on what's constitutional by it's very definition. If I'm working a dope case I don't search without a warrant unless I have exigent circumstances, entry would be made the location frozen but no search is made until you get the warrant. We decided all the fucking time what was and wasn't constitutional. A judge would look at it later and he would also decide. FYI I never had an exigent circumstances entry overturned and those dopers had big money for big lawyers. Never.
  • GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,147
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Sledog said:

Sledog said:

dnc said:

Sledog said:

dnc said:

Sledog said:

Sure.gif

I call bullshit on that. It was indeed my job. I decided if I had probable cause to stop people, search and arrest every day. That is deciding on what's constitutional by it's very definition. If I'm working a dope case I don't search without a warrant unless I have exigent circumstances, entry would be made the location frozen but no search is made until you get the warrant. We decided all the fucking time what was and wasn't constitutional. A judge would look at it later and he would also decide. FYI I never had an exigent circumstances entry overturned and those dopers had big money for big lawyers. Never.
    You're talking about a different scenario. Not pushing a search when you don't have a warrant is following the letter of the law. Unilaterally deciding not to enforce a law because you yourself deem it unconstitutional is going outside the bounds of your job.

But I'm being intentionally obtuse, I fully support the use of discretion by law enforcement. It's just funny to see someone like you who thrives in absolutes to all of a sudden start inserting that discretion.
    Standard Supporter

Sledog said:

Sledog said:

dnc said:

Sledog said:

dnc said:

Sledog said:

Sure.gif

You're talking about a different scenario. Not pushing a search when you don't have a warrant is following the letter of the law. Unilaterally deciding not to enforce a law because you yourself deem it unconstitutional is going outside the bounds of your job.

But I'm being intentionally obtuse, I fully support the use of discretion by law enforcement. It's just funny to see someone like you who thrives in absolutes to all of a sudden start inserting that discretion.
    Sled had a very good answer to that, give credit where dew.
  • LebamDawgLebamDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,510
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I think the combo of the Vid, lockdowns, and elections has gotten everyone a little on edge.

Step back all you maskholes that disagree with me
  • SledogSledog Member Posts: 30,483

Sledog said:

Sledog said:

dnc said:

Sledog said:

dnc said:

Sledog said:

Sure.gif

I don't thrive on absolutes. It is not a different scenario. Just how would I gain entry into a persons home to check how many people are there? What probable cause would I have? If I had a call there alleging that and they refuse to answer the door what could I do? Kick it down?

I'll make this simple you tell me how this is a constitutionally legal law. In any way, shape or form. I say it's not and I wouldn't enforce it. Not a damn thing you or anyone else could do about it.

• WestlinnDuckWestlinnDuck Member Posts: 13,701
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Standard Supporter
    Hell, in Oregon the legislation used by Kate Brown specifically had a 30 day rule requiring that any lockdown past that date had to be authorized by the legislature. Couldn't be clearer. But the leftard fascists on the Oregon Supreme Court just ignored it and let Brown keep the lockdown in place.
    Standard Supporter

Hell Heck, in Oregon the legislation used by Kate Brown specifically had a 30 day rule requiring that any lockdown past that date had to be authorized by the legislature. Couldn't be clearer. But the leftard fascists on the Oregon Supreme Court just ignored it and let Brown keep the lockdown in place.

Not to sermon seek here but several years ago my wife was watching Osteen (she is not religious at all) and he somehow caught her attention. As she was pondering whether we would move to California she got an email from his ministry with the typical follow your dreams go for it message and out the door we went

csb

Living her best life NOW
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 100,717
    Swaye's Wigwam
    You can tell fortunes the same way

@PsychicHotlineDawg!!! TRUE???
  • dnc said:

@PsychicHotlineDawg!!! TRUE???
    Yesssssss.

BTW, I fail to see why anyone would have issues covering their face.