Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

RUN THE BALL!!!!!

HuskyJWHuskyJW Guest, Member Posts: 14,182
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
Still crying at tears of joy of double tights and McGrew carving up the defense on just a handful of carries.

Also crying at Ty Jones wanting to be paid and the guy drops td’s and hasn’t even earned his scholarship. But tomato tomatoe

Comments

• Options
    Kingdome_UrinalsKingdome_Urinals Member Posts: 2,605
    First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes
    HuskyJW said:

Still crying at tears of joy of double tights and McGrew carving up the defense on just a handful of carries.

Also crying at Ty Jones wanting to be paid and the guy drops td’s and hasn’t even earned his scholarship. But tomato tomatoe

So true, imagine the cruelty of UW profiting off of Ty Jones numerous drops while giving him a scholarship package probably not even valued at $1 million per year.

Belly of the beast.
  • Options
    PurpleBazePurpleBaze Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,488
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

I watched the first half again relatively sober and thought that the run game for UW was legit

Saturday night I thought the OSU running back was Jim Brown. Watching it again the holes were big enough to drive a truck through. Clean some things up

Morris looked like a first time starter. The wide outs do appear to suck. Still. The O line is better,

The OSU QB lit it up late against the Cuogs and threw for over 300 yards and 28 points. They lost anyway

UW pass defense was solid.

It was a dark and rainy night. Who knows? Need more games.

Jimmy needs more time?
  • Options
    JoeEDangerouslyJoeEDangerously Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 6,125
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    edited November 2020

I watched the first half again relatively sober and thought that the run game for UW was legit

Saturday night I thought the OSU running back was Jim Brown. Watching it again the holes were big enough to drive a truck through. Clean some things up

Morris looked like a first time starter. The wide outs do appear to suck. Still. The O line is better,

The OSU QB lit it up late against the Cuogs and threw for over 300 yards and 28 points. They lost anyway

Looked to me like the wideouts played uninspired. Maybe they have a different preference at QB. If so, nut up and play with what you have pussies!
  • Options
    rodmansragerodmansrage Member Posts: 6,017
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    HuskyJW said:

when he dropped that TD pass, came to the sidelines, and was right at the coach's side, wonder what he was saying/telling?

'that ball wasnt thrown great'?

probably.
  • Options
    dannarcdannarc Member Posts: 2,264
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    I formation.....BRBYO

I love this team and I love Jimmy, until I dont
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,613
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited November 2020
    Small sample size is right. Even the poor display by the WR was a small sample. Bynum flubbed one because the ball surprised him. Odunze didn't come strong to the ball, typical young receiver mistake, and was probably interfered with. No excuse for Nacua or Jones. Jones, in particular, has never been much at UW and I've seen enough to believe he never will be. I'm not panicking on the other guys because they muffed 3 out of about 15 total opportunities in the first game.

I'm more concerned by the stubbornness about platooning RBs than anything. Newton and Pleasant are breather backs and nothing more. McGrew averaged about 10ypc but wasn't in the game when UW needed a spark to put it away. Dumb. Davis is a bigger back like Newton and looks 100 times more dangerous but got two carries. None of it makes sense.

Morris is interesting to watch. He has an odd, abbreviated delivery but the ball gets out really fast and gets on the target quicker than anyone expects it to. I like him and I think he'll be devastating on play action when and if they start to use it.

Im a happy fan.. These intersquad scrimmages are fun and productive. All of this live practice will really pay off. 2021 is looking more special every week.
  • Options
    FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,706
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

Looked to me like the wideouts played uninspired. Maybe they have a different preference at QB. If so, nut up and play with what you have pussies!
    No, the players wanted Morris.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,225
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Houhusky said:

ZTF looked good, Molden looked great, Alaskan walkon Olofoshiooioio looked good, the other DBs looked good... everything else pretty bad.

Taimani looks like he is playing 50 lbs overweight

Sirmon is both unatheltic and stupid. OL magnet.

Passing downs with Bowman, Smalls, ZTF, and Olofoshio rushing is pretty good

Asa continues to look slow and soft as fuck... He looks bad... giant pussy. Just watch him on the beavs TD drive at the very start of the 2nd quarter dude is actively avoiding contact and running himself out of plays on purpose. OSU would have had 2 more TDs if it weren't for drops that Asa was beat in man coverage too... Just watch the OSU TD right before half... again Asa fucking pussy-ed out of the tackle.

The scheme makes no sense, 2 deep safety when the DBs are the strength of the team and the LBs and DT are struggling makes no sense.

There was that ASU game at home where they unveiled this D so they could put 6 guys on Harry and let ASU run all night. Which they did but UW won. They have kind of stayed with it

I'm not sure who on OSU was that scary that you couldn't stop the run an play pass defense
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    Ty Jones had a great start to 2018 then faded away 4-5 games into that season. It happens. Next.
  • Options
    CanadawgCanadawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,056
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I've been Mcdidntgrews #1 fan(!!!) but I don't blame them for trying everyone out. Hindsight can twist