Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Gun safety update

doogiedoogie Member Posts: 15,072
“as someone who grew up in a home with guns, I learned at an early age how to load, how to fire, and gun safety, and I think that [gun] education should be available to everyone.”

https://www.breitbart.com/entertainment/2020/11/10/asya-branch-pro-gun-and-pro-trump-crowned-miss-usa-2020/

Comments

• SoutherndawgSoutherndawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,279 Founders Club
  • PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 43,541 Standard Supporter
    edited November 2020
    doogie said:

“as someone who grew up in a home with guns, I learned at an early age how to load, how to fire, and gun safety, and I think that [gun] education should be available to everyone.”

https://www.breitbart.com/entertainment/2020/11/10/asya-branch-pro-gun-and-pro-trump-crowned-miss-usa-2020/

Oh god...oh god...

Hopefully there's some Vanessa Williams-like nudes laying around in her portfolio.

• SledogSledog Member Posts: 33,100 Standard Supporter
    My father was also a cop. We had loaded guns in the house, always. I was taught how to handle a gun safely and shoot at the ripe old age of 4. They were never a mystery or thing of curiosity. If I wanted to see a gun and handle it I would ask my dad and he would allow me to check out the gun in question. When I was a bit older I kept my guns in my room. We didn't have any problems and we never let our buddies do stupid shit. Curiosity kills children just like cats.

As a kid you darn well know that when you were told to never touch something it's the first place you went when you were alone.
  • BearsWiinBearsWiin Member Posts: 5,024

We? found a pack of smokes under the old Steven's Field stands in grade school and lit some up. I got busted for the smell. So my folks made me smoke one of grandma's cigs in front of them. They did the same with booze to take the mystery out of it

Long story short I started smoking and drinking at the age of 14

Liar, when you were 14 they hadn't invented cigarettes or liquor yet
  • dfleadflea Member Posts: 7,228

We? found a pack of smokes under the old Steven's Field stands in grade school and lit some up. I got busted for the smell. So my folks made me smoke one of grandma's cigs in front of them. They did the same with booze to take the mystery out of it

Your folks thought that shit would work, too?

All it did was make me cooler than my buddies who hadn't smoked or been drunk yet.

• SledogSledog Member Posts: 33,100 Standard Supporter
    Gun sales update from NSSF. The numbers are staggering as is the drop in violent crime and accidental death.

https://www.nssf.org/nssf-releases-most-recent-firearm-production-figures
  • doogiedoogie Member Posts: 15,072
    edited November 2020
    dflea said:

Your folks thought that shit would work, too?

All it did was make me cooler than my buddies who hadn't smoked or been drunk yet.

I was nine. Stole a pack of Marlboros out of the nearly full carton and took it to the “fort” and smoked em with my buddies. Came back a few hours later confronted by Mom and Aunt where I learned a valuable lesson. Never fuck with a drug users stache. They know exactly what they have left.

Aunt had the bright idea to have me light one up and suck it down in front of them to Teach Me A Lesson.

Lit it up, took two kid puffs and Aunt said, “but, he’s not inhaling! Make him inhale!!!” Pissed off, I took a drag and held it. Not one cough. You don’t think 9 years of inhaling second hand smoke was for nothing do you?

Mom got that “oh, Shit! BAD idea”, look on her face. I was sent to my room as they strategized what to do next(nothing)