Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Commissioner announces Trufant to Falcons (Video)

PassionPassion Member Posts: 4,622
5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
edited April 2013 in Hardcore Husky Board
Pretty cool. nfl.com/videos/nfl-draft/0ap2000000163790/Falcons-draft-Desmond-Trufant-No-22

I've looked for the draft video of Talia Crichton, but can't find it.

Comments

• Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
  • Options
    TommySQCTommySQC Member Posts: 5,813
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Passion said:

Pretty cool. nfl.com/videos/nfl-draft/0ap2000000163790/Falcons-draft-Desmond-Trufant-No-22

Trufant is a helluva kid and for all the pomp and circumstance that Tosh has, the best hire was probably Keith Heyward. Guy had tits DBs at OSU (not calling them OS so fuck off) and looks to be continuing that with UW.

• Options
    Mad_SonMad_Son Member Posts: 10,099
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited April 2013
    TommySQC said:

Passion said:

Trufant is a helluva kid and for all the pomp and circumstance that Tosh has, the best hire was probably Keith Heyward. Guy had tits DBs at OSU (not calling them OS so fuck off) and looks to be continuing that with UW.

Heyward is one of the few good position coaches we've had under Sark... Heyward, Thomas, Cox, Nussmeier... that's pretty much it... maybe Lupoi or Sirmon but last year didn't make me want to anoint them worthy...
  • Options
    HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Mad_Son said:

TommySQC said:

Passion said:

Heyward is one of the few good position coaches we've had under Sark... Heyward, Thomas, Cox, Nussmeier... that's pretty much it... maybe Lupoi or Sirmon but last year didn't make me want to anoint them worthy...
    I'm with you on Tosh but I thought our LBs were our worst position group in 2011 and arguably our best in 2012. I understand Sirmon had some talent to work with that Cox didn't but the transformation in Timu was tremendous. I have my doubts about Lupoi but Sirmon is fantastic IMO.

• Options
    ACSlaterDawgACSlaterDawg Member Posts: 200
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes Photogenic
    edited April 2013

Mad_Son said:

TommySQC said:

Passion said:

I'm with you on Tosh but I thought our LBs were our worst position group in 2011 and arguably our best in 2012. I understand Sirmon had some talent to work with that Cox didn't but the transformation in Timu was tremendous. I have my doubts about Lupoi but Sirmon is fantastic IMO.

Hate to agree with Hills but thats exactly what I was thinking. I guess some forgot that going into 2012, LB's were the biggest weakness on the team and now they are the strongest position. Sure, Shaq's talent helps a lot but him and Feeney were first year guys and Timu's improvement was huge. Its a shame they won't be playing behind a half-decent line.

Sirmon played in the NFL for a while and has coached with Wilcox for a while too. He's also a very strong recruiter. Tosh is definitely a great recruiter but as far as coaching acumen he's probably way behind Sirmon and Heyward. Sirmon is tied to Wilcox and will be the DC whenever Wilcox decides to be a HC. Sark should look for another job if he loses that combo, causes he'd be exposed for the fraud he is.

• Options
    DeepSeaZDeepSeaZ Member Posts: 3,901
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Answer First Comment
    I hate to agree with any of you so I won't. Trufant was always a great talent hampered by terrible defensive calls. He's made for one on one coverage. Everyone looks stupid when the corners start the play 10 yards off the line of scrimmage.
  • Options
    PassionPassion Member Posts: 4,622
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    Mad_Son said:

TommySQC said:

Passion said:

Dude...Cox sucked. And he was a crappy recruiter.
  • Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Passion said:

Mad_Son said:

TommySQC said:

Passion said:

Cox sucked. (Lol!!)
  • Options
    Mad_SonMad_Son Member Posts: 10,099
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Passion said:

Mad_Son said:

TommySQC said:

Passion said:

He made Butler and Foster way better. He was an exceptionally crappy recruiter though.
  • Options
    ACSlaterDawgACSlaterDawg Member Posts: 200
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes Photogenic
    Mad_Son said:

Passion said:

Mad_Son said:

TommySQC said:

Passion said:

He made Butler and Foster way better. He was an exceptionally crappy recruiter though.
    Yep, it was all his fault that we lost Banner and Garnett. He did a terrible job and thank god head coach Sark fired him. Thats what great head coaches do.