Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

What's your opinion on the JFK assassination?

BaldwinIVBaldwinIV Member Posts: 797
I find it hard to be a complete coincidence that both Oswald and Jack Ruby had ties to organized crime. The mob essentially backed JFK in a deal that involved Frank Sinatra (crazy but true). They expected leniency and when JFK appointed Robert Kennedy they were furious since he was openly going after organized crime. There are wire taps of mafia bosses openly talking about killing Kennedy.

Take all of that and add in that the CIA was likely working with the mob to assassinate Castro. JFK was trying to shut down the CIA (I think that's correct) so it doesn't seem crazy to me that they could have worked together to assassinate him.

There were so many people that died "suspiciously" after the assassination including a woman who was going to new Orleans to investigate a mob tie and had announced she had information on the assassination. I'm usually pretty skeptical on conspiracy theories but there is too much here. Why the hell would jack ruby immediately kill Oswald unless someone was trying to shut him up?

Comments

• GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,485 Standard Supporter

The parts in that book about Jack Ruby are more interesting than the Manson narrative, imo.
  • GoduckiesGoduckies Member Posts: 6,213
    Oswald killed him that is all
  • thechatchthechatch Member Posts: 5,985
    Oswald acted alone
  • YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 34,948 Founders Club
    I've looked out of the window of the book depository and concluded he acted alone.
  • LebamDawgLebamDawg Member Posts: 8,664 Standard Supporter
    edited November 2020
    Good conspiracy book

Appointment in Dallas - I think it points it finger at Carlos the Jackal iirc

Edit: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/16033670-appointment-in-dallas
  • thechatchthechatch Member Posts: 5,985
    I don’t think the mob...even with the power they had in the 60s...had enough juice to touch a President, and I laugh at the notion that LBJ may have had him bumped. MAYBE Castro as payback for the BoP, but that seems like a long climb for a short slide. The mob tie is the most likely, and that’s still a stretch. And no, the CIA didn’t kill their own President because they were worried about losing their jobs.

Oswald was a communist sympathizer. He either acted alone, or at the behest of the USSR.
  • YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 34,948 Founders Club
    thechatch said:

I don’t think the mob...even with the power they had in the 60s...had enough juice to touch a President, and I laugh at the notion that LBJ may have had him bumped. MAYBE Castro as payback for the BoP, but that seems like a long climb for a short slide. The mob tie is the most likely, and that’s still a stretch. And no, the CIA didn’t kill their own President because they were worried about losing their jobs.

Oswald was a communist sympathizer. He either acted alone, or at the behest of the USSR.

Secrets of this magnitude can't be kept. Plain and simple. If there was a conspiracy, someone would have spilled the beans a long time ago.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,479 Founders Club
    Its been 60 years. The spilled beans are out there. Covered up by numerous stories
  • PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 25,490 Swaye's Wigwam
    The mob gave Kennedy the election based on a promise from dad to get Cuba back

JFK not only punted on Cuba, his retarded brother went after the mob

In 1963 the mob could kill anyone and did. Jim Garrison tracked it to New Orleans. Oswald was a willing patsie who was a true believer and thought he was acting for The SU and Cuba whether he was officially or not. The mob was able to use him as the lone gunman

Even at 7 years old Jack Ruby killing Lee on national TV stunk to high heaven

And my dad always said "they" killed JFK
  • creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,958
    BaldwinIV said:

I find it hard to be a complete coincidence that both Oswald and Jack Ruby had ties to organized crime. The mob essentially backed JFK in a deal that involved Frank Sinatra (crazy but true). They expected leniency and when JFK appointed Robert Kennedy they were furious since he was openly going after organized crime. There are wire taps of mafia bosses openly talking about killing Kennedy.

Take all of that and add in that the CIA was likely working with the mob to assassinate Castro. JFK was trying to shut down the CIA (I think that's correct) so it doesn't seem crazy to me that they could have worked together to assassinate him.

There were so many people that died "suspiciously" after the assassination including a woman who was going to new Orleans to investigate a mob tie and had announced she had information on the assassination. I'm usually pretty skeptical on conspiracy theories but there is too much here. Why the hell would jack ruby immediately kill Oswald unless someone was trying to shut him up?

This step in the logic seems like a big assumption. Has that been established or widely accepted as fact? Why would the CIA work with the mob? The mob is the mob and they were good at what they did, which was domestic crime rings operating at a regional level. I'm just not thinking that Sammy the Bull is who you call to do an international head of state hit-job.

Now, Bobby being a pain in their ass? Oh yeah. A guy I worked for was one of Kennedy's special prosecutors. To say he had great stories is a massive understatement.
  • FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    Talk about a public coach sales
  • PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 43,541 Standard Supporter

JFK was banging Marilyn which pissed off Sam Giancana (who was also drilling MM) so they whacked him.

Then she started banging Bobby and ran her mouth about the CIA plot to kill Castro. So the CIA whacked her.

And it goes round in circles...

• huskyhooliganhuskyhooligan Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,327 Swaye's Wigwam
    thechatch said:

Yet a schlub like Oswald could? Not saying I disagree, but clearly they could have touched JFK if they wanted to. Obviously this impacted how things are handled now, and the SS does a much better job of keeping the president safe. Well mostly. I mean an iraqy threw a shoe a W.
  • LebamDawgLebamDawg Member Posts: 8,664 Standard Supporter

thechatch said:

Secrets of this magnitude can't be kept. Plain and simple. If there was a conspiracy, someone would have spilled the beans a long time ago.
    it would have all unfolded if we had the internet like we do now. It only took just under 4 years for the last government cover-up to unfold. I can't remember the exact result - but boy did heads roll at the the very top.

Talk about punishment, everyone got good jobs and kept their retirement, but next year their taxes are going to go up

BaldwinIV said:

This step in the logic seems like a big assumption. Has that been established or widely accepted as fact? Why would the CIA work with the mob? The mob is the mob and they were good at what they did, which was domestic crime rings operating at a regional level. I'm just not thinking that Sammy the Bull is who you call to do an international head of state hit-job.

Now, Bobby being a pain in their ass? Oh yeah. A guy I worked for was one of Kennedy's special prosecutors. To say he had great stories is a massive understatement.
    Yes

The CIA works with everyone

There was a mutual interest in getting Cuba back